Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8 BiT DRaGON FRoOt BEAT TAPE!

7 Golden Vampirez Poison Flowerz!'s Avatar

Default 8 BiT DRaGON FRoOt BEAT TAPE!

8 BIT DRAGON FROOT: VOLUME 1

SHORT BEAT TAPE USING MOSTLY SOUNDS FROM SUPER NINTENDO/SEGA GENESIS!

ALL BEATS FREESTYLED WITH AN SP 404! MADE ALL OF THIS (EXCEPT ONE BEAT) IN ONE NIGHT!

TRACKLIST:

1. FLy KAoS EmeRaLDzZ
    2. MaRbLE ZoNe XXX
    3. 8 BiT DRaGoN FRoOt
    4. ZaMZa'S ReVenGe!
    5. ReTuRN oF MisTeR X
    6. SHaDoW DaNceRZz

PRODUCED BY: POISON FLOWERZ!

CO PRODUCED BY: DARKMASK ORIGAMI

ARTWORK BY: POISON FLOWERZ!

Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4...4e75f6e8ebb871

Rapidshare:

http://rapidshare.com/files/26676628...FROOT.rar.html

Rapidshare Zip:

http://rapidshare.com/files/267316104/8bdf.zip.html

PEACE!
    Last edited by Poison Flowerz!; 08-14-2009 at 09:24 AM.

SP ALL DAY!!!

Downloading.

peeping now

cheaaa

checking the MADNESS

Peace yall!

I liked Zamzas revenge. I also liked the marble zone xxx beat.those sonic 1 songs were addictive.nice flip.

thanks for the DL!1

DLing now

Peace PF!

Quote Originally Posted by infinity View Post
    those sonic 1 songs were addictive.nice flip.

Thanks for the dl!1
    thanks for the feed infinity didnt know if anyone would catchh that!

Peace bronze!

werd life..d loadin now.. will listen in the morning

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

I C U are on the same vibe as me as far as makin mad beats in a day and freestyle them,Thats whats up!!The tape is pretty dope fam!You get a real grimey sound outta of the 404!Its funny to me cuz cats with the SP make iller and more creative beats then cats with all there pro tools and other bullshit gear!SP FAM ALL DAY!!keep it up I wanna hear more 1

Shits crazy!!

i dont know anything about the production tip, but i have learned that the cats with SP's are not to be fucked with!! Just more proof right here.

The beats got this feeling of growth, like the more you listen the better they all get. Which is dope, makes you listen more then once and move on.

Props on the tape, shit is ill for one day and freestyling them out

I checked this out because 12 mentioned it to me...I have been inactive on the board recently

The good aspects have been pointed out by the other cats leaving feed so I'm just gonna give my critical opinion...I been listening to cats that rock SP's for a long time and these days the producers I'm working on my solo projects with are all SP cats, basically what I'm saying is I've heard it all - and I've def heard this vibe before...you seem to have a solid grasp on sampling and the use of SP effects, but your drums aren't that great tbh, the drum sounds are okay but you can tell lot of the other cats that are more advanced use compression and layering and low end tricks that make the drums and bass bang in a diff kind of way...when you look at producers like Complex Realmz, Varan, Lord B, 12welve...they all have distinct aspects to their styles, they've taken the tool, mastered it and then evolved their own creativity...to me you seem like you are still in the early stages, sounds nice and grimey and all that but there is no distinct style and also nothing really creative IMO.

that probably seems really negative, but truth be told I def ENJOYED THE LISTEN, shit sounds nice and I always love video game flips, I'm just trying to give you some criticism since I know from my own experience that it's great when people tell you how dope you are - but that doesn't help you get better, Peace

I realize you are freestyling these beats, but to me that doesn't matter...I just listen to them and compare them to my own standards...and that is what most people will do, the overwhelmingly majority of cats will not understand the significance of "freestyled beats" and they are only gonna care how it sounds...that said, I think it's amazing skill and Lord B has consistently blown me away with freestyled joints

Peace lord b my sp brother i agree 100%!

Bronze thank you for listening sun i always appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by sinapse View Post
    i checked this out because 12 mentioned it to me...i have been inactive on the board recently

the good aspects have been pointed out by the other cats leaving feed so i'm just gonna give my critical opinion...i been listening to cats that rock sp's for a long time and these days the producers i'm working on my solo projects with are all sp cats, basically what i'm saying is i've heard it all - and i've def heard this vibe before...you seem to have a solid grasp on sampling and the use of sp effects, but your drums aren't that great tbh, the drum sounds are okay but you can tell lot of the other cats that are more advanced use compression and layering and low end tricks that make the drums and bass bang in a diff kind of way...when you look at producers like complex realmz, varan, lord b, 12welve...they all have distinct aspects to their styles, they've taken the tool, mastered it and then evolved their own creativity...to me you seem like you are still in the early stages, sounds nice and grimey and all that but there is no distinct style and also nothing really creative imo.

That probably seems really negative, but truth be told i def enjoyed the listen, shit sounds nice and i always love video game flips, i'm just trying to give you some criticism since i know from my own experience that it's great when people tell you how dope you are - but that doesn't help you get better, peace
    peace sin 12 put me onto u to sun! Thanks for the feed! Your right i am in my earlyy stages i only been makin beat for 2 or 3 months so im still gettin a hang of it!

I agree on the drums too i dont really spend much time on themm, on some of these beats tho i sampled sound effects from sega games (punches, kicks) as drums an played them live so they dont bang much!

The only thingg i dissagree with is that u said i have no distinct style, i went out of my element an made this tapee limited to 8-16 bit sounds an video game samples (for the most part) so it's not the essence of my work! Even fly kaos emeraldz thats a sonic sample!

I think cats know my style from the lo-fi asian horror sound, off beat drum rolls, female vocals, etc. <<< i dont think anyone else goes as heavy on these elements as me (peep spirit of a geisha whore, chinatown godfatherz, or mink coat ninjaz on my myspace for good examples)

peace an thanks for the listen!

Forgot to mention ill be releasin this other tape soon keep yall eyes peeled! Peace!