Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: best wu album of 1999

Peace CT

And yeah Stringplay beat is weak as hell. And Grandmasters album is one of better Wu releases post Wu Golden Era. Peace

Blackout, by far. Not a real Wu album, just a few Wu Elements prods, but the overall album has the most homogenic sound for me. And two incredible MCs that enjoy recording this project.
    Nigga Please, that's the one that makes me discover The Neptunes, so it has a special place in my ranking.
    Beneath The Surface, great overall album, too many skits of course, but GZA is still on point.
    Uncontrolled Substance, maybe the biggest disappointment as I had such high expectations, INS was my favorite member back then and I loved Rec Room as a first single. Highs are very high and lows are very low. Too bad.
    Golden Arms Redemption, some very weak tracks, but 3 or 4 VERY raw ones (Rumble, Dat's Gangsta...).
    Immobilarity, I don't understand this album, I don't know what Rae wanted to prove.
    A wise man knows his limitations.

泣きたくなるの

PRODIGAL SUN

Devastator was a female, I know because I roomed with her back in that era. I remember getting the beat for thug war pressed on wax b4 she sold it to the syndicate

PRODIGAL SUN

Bts
    Golden Armz Redemption 2nd for the lethaface verses alone
    Nigga please
    Manchild

Quote Originally Posted by Holocaust View Post
    Devastator was a female, I know because I roomed with her back in that era. I remember getting the beat for thug war pressed on wax b4 she sold it to the syndicate
    oh I always assumed it was this guy when I came across this vid a few years ago by chance

can you upload a pic of her? I'd be interested

thanks

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by jaylinx View Post
    Blackout, by far. Not a real Wu album, just a few Wu Elements prods, but the overall album has the most homogenic sound for me. And two incredible MCs that enjoy recording this project.
    Nigga Please, that's the one that makes me discover The Neptunes, so it has a special place in my ranking.
    Beneath The Surface, great overall album, too many skits of course, but GZA is still on point.
    Uncontrolled Substance, maybe the biggest disappointment as I had such high expectations, INS was my favorite member back then and I loved Rec Room as a first single. Highs are very high and lows are very low. Too bad.
    Golden Arms Redemption, some very weak tracks, but 3 or 4 VERY raw ones (Rumble, Dat's Gangsta...).
    Immobilarity, I don't understand this album, I don't know what Rae wanted to prove.
    Good post. +rep
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by jaylinx View Post
    Good post.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty