Thread: what is WU TANG & WHO WERE THE ANCIENT BLACK WU MEN

Default what is WU TANG & WHO WERE THE ANCIENT BLACK WU MEN

What is the history of wu tang? In the 70's we are thankful for the smart black men interested in the african origins of chinese culture that they bought a perticular genre of kung fu movies to america that was suppose to be garbage and but later made the bandwagon martial art industry jealous as hell. There is no doubt that the hong kong movies titles that were aka-ed and stamped wu tang are the most interesting and out of the norm martial arts movies ever made!!!! Wu tang!!!

The history in it's entirety is sketchy at best. As to where it came from, the most popular story, is that Wu-Tang Kung-Fu originated with the Taoist Monks of Wu-Tang Mountain. There is a legend that says one Bai Mei (White Eyebrow) who was originally a Shaolin student, betrayed his temple. Either because he chose the side of the Manchu invaders, or another reason that we are not aware of, and then he fled to Wu-Tang Mountain where he combined both Shaolin and Wu-Tang forms into one lethal combination.

I'm not saying that what we're told in the movies isn't true, because I honestly don't know that there wasn't a group of Shaolin students who decided to go against Shaolin for the benefit of all mankind. I'd say do some research, but right now, both Shaolin and Wu-Tang Temples promote eachother's Temples on thier sites.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

AMERICAN BORICUA KILLABEE

I found some info in google that if you type (wu-dang),more info comes out so it's not even written with a t it wu-dang with a d.they still practice this on the wu-dang mountain,little kids and shit.little girls with swords and shit it's a family thing to them.who wants to go with me to china to
    wu-dang mountain.

...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar

Its wu-tang or wu-dang. Just like Chi Kung can be written Qi Gong.

Req Em Ab