Thread: Combat Sports

Default Combat Sports

Anyone into any "fighting" sports? Anything from Kung-fu to mixed martial arts?

I was personally taking MMA for about 5-6 months. However, now I'm taking Judo, which I plan to take for a few years. I was planning on taking Shaolin Kung Fu, but first I wanna get some judo in. I think Judo can be very useful... throws, takedowns, etc. using their momentum and strength against them.

Anyone else into any type of combat sport?
    "If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth."

I might start to dabble in some Roller Derby.

I've always wanted to travel to Israel and get some Mossad type Krav Maga so I can kick people in the face Zohan style.

It's not really a martial art, its more like just killing people who attack you before they realize you've stolen their gun and have shot them already.

Savate would be cool too, kick boxing is twice as hard core when you're wearing boots.

Pankration and Capoeira would be cool too.

I think a blend of all four would be good in real life. If someone attacks you you disarm with Krav Maga, kick them in the face with your savate and then bring it to the ground and tear their limbs out of their sockets with Pankration. Capoeira is just something cool to do if you want to impress chicks. I can't really see it being used in real life.
    HANKERING FOR SOME BEEF CURTAINS