Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7th Presents: The 4 Bar Killer tape

Default 7th Presents: The 4 Bar Killer tape

This is a beat tape I rocked out this weekend with the exception of one joint which i did in the week. I basically set myself a challenge of rocking a tape in one weekend and limiting myself to 4 or 2 bar loops (hence the 4 bar killer tape). I havnt mastered or transitioned the joints so you will have to forgive that.

Hope you enjoy it!!!!

7th Presents - The 4 Bar Killer Tape.rar - 40.84MB

You can also Stream it here:

http://www.datpiff.com/7th_The_4_Bar...pe.m62770.html
    Last edited by 12weLvE; 08-24-2009 at 12:16 PM.

you already know sun!!

downloading haha dope cover
    DOWNLOADALBUMZ!

Dl'd be back with some feed soon

Egyptian Goddess and Kids Dont Do Drugs are nice, sun. Keep bringing it.

P.E.A.C.E.
    -Noble Scity-
    -Crucial The Guillotine-Gripz-Illy Vas-Iron Fingaz-Kaotny-
    Last edited by IronFingaz7; 08-23-2009 at 08:54 PM.

This whole tape is crack, i got "a journey to higher heights" on repeat as we speak! Lol, are these joints free to rip on or what? :d

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

shit is sick i like this 7th u..........u............ damn i'm speechless

Thanks guys!!! appriciate the love!

Quote Originally Posted by LORD ZERO View Post
    This whole tape is crack, i got "a journey to higher heights" on repeat as we speak! Lol, are these joints free to rip on or what? :d
    yup the only two taken are "sum grimey shit" and 3MD already rocked "funkadelic beatdown" the rest are free to rip

DrunkenMasta303

7TH ur drumgame is WILD!!!!

edit:
    just finished listening, my fav joints are

Industrial Waste
    Funkadelic Beatdown
    Kids!! Dont Do Drugs
    Boston Tea Party

whats the science behind 12welves Jewel? that joint is sikk too!!!
    Last edited by DrunkenMasta303; 08-24-2009 at 06:34 AM.

Now this aint a track for track review but an overall breakdown of the tape, since each beat is bangin as fuck lol.

What I have noticed about 7th is that he come very conceptual with his beats, each one has a general theme surrounding it, with the use of vocal sample and the sample itself, it brings out what seems to be a theme in each beat. Perfect example, Kids, Dont Do Drugs. The beat is very laidback and has a tripped out feel, plus the audio sample of the kid and guy talking about drugs.

Next is that 7th always is wanting to challenge himself, this was done in a weekend!!! I may have learned this from just building with him outside of wucorp, but this is only more proof.

Positive things about the tape is everything lol. The drums are a major standout with me, 7th has some insane drums on this tape, Boston Tea Party is outlandish!!! And just the general sound of each beat allowed me to spin this tape multiple times without getting bored.

Only one thing, some beats seemed to out shine some of the others or seem to have gotten a bit more attention then others. But given it was only a weekend job, understandable lol.

Peace to my man 7th for the listen, keep blessin us!

niiiiice.im boout to dl now and I'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by RINO View Post

whats the science behind 12welves Jewel? that joint is sikk too!!!
    I supplied the sample lol.

--------------------------------------------------------

My favs:

Boston Tea Party
    Kids Dont do Drugs
    Egyptian Goddes
    Industrial Waste
    12welves Jewel
    Funkadelic Beatdown

Anyway... Tape is awesome man. We already discussed it so I dont need to type much. Great job on the mixing. Check out the tape yall dont sleep.

HERE IS THE STREAMING LINK FOR THOSE WHO HAVENT DOWNLOADED IT:

http://www.datpiff.com/7th_The_4_Bar...pe.m62770.html
    Last edited by 12weLvE; 08-24-2009 at 12:24 PM.

Finally a beat tape lol, props for the 2-4 bar loops, makes it feel very old skool, along with a lot of the up tempo drum rhythms and patterns, and the tempo adjustments and all the little shit you did to give the loops variation as the joints go on is all really advanced

Broken Neck is nice, the drums are bangin, for an opening track this was kinda fast

Egyptian Goddess is hot - liking the drum work on this a lot, especially the multiple snares, the flow is nice and bouncy and overall the joint has a dope rhythm

Grimey shit - indeed grimey, has that dark vibe cats love but it's not one of your best imo

Industrial Waste - i like this joint a lot more as far as the grimey shit, oh yeah this shit got that drag you in the basement feeling but the rhythm is def more on point, it's grimey but you can just ride with it

Funkadelic Beatdown - nice and funky vibe but i don't like the drum rhythm as much as some of the other joints

Wanna Get High - this joint lost me a little, i was expecting something more chill and stoner like, this is more like "wanna take a hit of acid" imo, but i can rock with it

Kids! Don't Do Drugs - this is my fav joint on the tape and maybe your dopest to date imo, i think you should explore this spacey down tempo style more, this shit is silky, i could listen to this all day

Higher Heights - very uplifting beat, low end on this beat is very thick, overall this joint is one of the strongest imo

Snatch Peace - Nice different sounding drum work on this joint, again i'm feeling these joints you get away from the old skool style drum rhythms and take it down tempo, getting a lil more spacey sounding

12's jewel - Drums are really nice on this one homie, dope ass rhythm to this beat

Boston Tea Party - this joint is wild and chaotic and lovely lol, my favorite fast joint on the tape by far, nice way to end it

----

Dope shit man, my favorites are Kids! Don't Do Drugs, Snatch Some Peace, Egyptian Goddess, and Industrial Waste on the grimey tip and Boston Tea Party

Peace!

thanks for the downloads and positive reviews!!!! As Chek already stated "12welves Jewel" was the last joint I completed for the tape and he asked if he could supply the sample which I was more than cool with cos the sample is cool as fuck!!! So I called it 12welves Jewel cos it was 12's sample (jewel).

Chek!! mad thanks for streaming the tape and posting it on my first post, your a legend!!!

Im glad everyone is feeling the drums, ive been working really hard on them latley to get them to really pop!! Also little shout out to varan for a little tip he gave me a while back on getting my kicks to thump hard, My drums wouldnt be what they are today without that little jewel so props to him as well

as a side note the ordering is a bit scatter shot as is the mastering and transitions cos i was trying to get the tape done in a weekend on top of packing for a eventual house move as well as get ready to go away for a week and I just ran out of time to do it exactly how I wanted but it seems as tho your all enjoying it regardless so thanks again!!!
    Last edited by Boss_Digger; 08-24-2009 at 01:19 PM.

I like industrial waste. Im not done listening yet but I like that one. I also like how you speed things up and then slow them down.thanks for the dl
    Last edited by INF; 08-24-2009 at 02:24 PM.

aiight man..

first off major PROPS on this whole tape.

the whole vibe of the tape is majestic forreal...

just to highligh my favs..

Broken Neck - A true Lancelot banger right here lol...sounds like the knights are rolling through tough, feeling it. Its funny...I can hear some bone thugs ripping this up.

12sJewel - simply b/c its son melancholy and rude.

Egyptian Goddess - Man this is may favorite out of the bunch. you painted a nice picture with this one man...it's liek i can basically name 5 to 10 movie scenes this beat could relate to or better yea bang a pretty looking broad to lol.

awesome.

PS..We need to talk about "wanna get high" asap please
    Last edited by H.Notik; 08-24-2009 at 02:23 PM.

Caught up with the sky
    Shot at God.