Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OMFG! I found previously unpublished GZA interview from 2002 :) CRAZY!

Default Re: OMFG! I found previously unpublished GZA interview from 2002 :) CRAZY!

very informative interview.

Suggestion: On the Next Wu-Tang Manual, each member should write their own story, not just RZA writing it for them.
    The Holy Temple Is The Mental

Default Re: OMFG! I found previously unpublished GZA interview from 2002 :) CRAZY!

Good interview. GZA is such an unbelievable MC, I don't know how theses guys stay so humble w/ all this bullshit rap that gets spin these days.
    "I'm like Godzilla stomping over Mt. Fuji" - RZA
    "I observe w/ the patience of watching a flower grow" - GZA
    "Is an unexamined life worth living?" - Socrates

Wolf in sheep clothes

Knowledge is wisdom and GZA proves it perfectly, staying who he is. If everybody could do this...PEACE

Wu Vatican

Dope interview.

This is an unexpected surprise.

We were still a few key items away from launching but I guess the search engine bots had hit us.... So yeah now you've forced me to launch my mostly done website!

All good though... Glad you cats are enjoying it. Feedback is appreciated and check the rest of the site for more features and album reviews.

Peace
    An excellent interview with the Genius and more insight on hip-hop at http://www.ohword.com

Quote Originally Posted by Protection
    Wow... Keep bringing them GZA interviews! This gets me more amped up for the Muggs-album (which I haven't heard yet, im saving that).
    you'll get blown away

mad props on this.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

oh very good my friend
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by arkham
    This is an unexpected surprise.

We were still a few key items away from launching but I guess the search engine bots had hit us.... So yeah now you've forced me to launch my mostly done website!

All good though... Glad you cats are enjoying it. Feedback is appreciated and check the rest of the site for more features and album reviews.

Peace
    ^^Props.

Interviewer knew his shit. And didn't ask the same old boring questions for the most part. Gza went way back with this one. He never ceases to impress me with his responses. I like how he kinda goes through the scenario that later becomes the basis for his ODB tribute story - "All In Together" (off "Grandmasters"). Peace

What's up y'all? I'm the interviewer in this piece. Thanx for finding this and putting it up here and good looking on those giving it respect and props. I always wanted to get that interview out to the world.

When I was set to do this interview, a few months before Legend of The Liquid Sword, I was a little worried because for my research I read every interview I could with GZA, online and in magazines, wherever. I'm talking about 20 of 30 different ones and just about everyone said the same thing; "The Genius isn't much for words"...."He always answered in a few short words" or whatever. I thought I woudn't get what I needed because of that. I tried to come up with questions that I thought would interest him and he seemed to get pretty excited about some of it. I'd like to post the audio of it because to hear him actually say this stuff you get the full impact. I'd have to do some digging to find the audio but if I find it I'll try to make it available.

The GZA is definitely one of my all time favorite MCs. He's the man for sure! peace.

Oh, I forgot to say that I did this interview for my radio show (which was "Time Travel" at the time in Chicago) because I did a 3 hour special on the GZA that I did in chronological order starting with his influences thru all his albums up to that point. I just used some vocal sections from this interview all thru out the nite. It came out pretty tight. I will try to post that up somewhere for people to check out as well. peace.

Swordsman

yeah man you did a great job. i'd never heard gza open up like that before. that audio would be very appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin beacham
    Oh, I forgot to say that I did this interview for my radio show (which was "Time Travel" at the time in Chicago) because I did a 3 hour special on the GZA that I did in chronological order starting with his influences thru all his albums up to that point. I just used some vocal sections from this interview all thru out the nite. It came out pretty tight. I will try to post that up somewhere for people to check out as well. peace.
    Hey Kevin,

How's it going?

I happen to know a site you can post that audio at....
    An excellent interview with the Genius and more insight on hip-hop at http://www.ohword.com

That's gotta be the best interview i've ever read. Inspiring shit for an unsigned MC as well, hearing the struggles GZA went through to get his voice out there. It aint without good reason they call him the Genius.

'"Alright, they got me in there thirty, number thirty…” They got Young MC at number twenty-five, and not to take from him, but you get my point.' - funny shit.

word Arkham, I wasn't sure of the audio capabilities of the site. I'll dig it up and have you post it on www.ohword.com

Yeah, the Young MC quote is great. He has so many great quotes in that interview.