Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What did "Whites Only" mean?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Ok. But during those times, signs were posted that said, "Whites Only". The sign never mention, "with the exception of Asians, Mexicans, Indians, Native Americans, etc".

All I want to know is why other races besides black people could attend and do things in white areas and facilities. Were they consider equal to white people during those times?
    What is race? Why do you continue to refer to one group of people by color and every other group of people by land?

If a person was NOT white they were NOT considered equal, they were not treated as equal, and they didn't have equal rights in those times or in these times.

Quote Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ!!! View Post
    no, they were considered not niggers LOL ... thats the point dude... no one gives a shit about a red man or yellow man ... its the black man that crackers had a gripe with
    Everybody mentioned in the above were all considered/called 'nigger' at one time or another, among many other names.

Evidently someone gave a shit about the 'red' man and the 'yellow' man otherwise they wouldn't have experienced what they experienced.

White people had/have a problem with ALL non-white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-tang Fan View Post
    Peace. I normally don't get into these discussions but I think it means what it says. Purely because, even as recently as the 80s, certain people were referred to as black even if they were not black. For example, someone with olive colored skin and curly hair would be referred to as a black person even though they weren't. Middle eastern looking people were also referred to as black sometimes. So it means "only white poeple" in the literal sense. A lot of different races would have qualified as "black" in those days. Peace.
    Who are some of these people who were considered black but wasn't?

I know of people passing for white.

There is no such thing as race. That is only a tool to divide people. Another naming system that has it's origins with white people.

Well, I guess they didn't care about Native Americans since they took their land and killed nearly half of the race.

Still haven't met a person whom white people call native american refer to themselves and their people as native americans.

Those people are not a race.

I guess they liked Mexicans since they have a nice culture, women, etc. Asians are known to be smart, hard working, beautiful culture, polite, etc. Indians are......well, Indians. What about Arabs? I KNOW for a fact that Arabs are called sand n. If they could enter a white diner and live in an all white neighborhood, then that was f***** up! Black people were just, well, we all know.

I'm sorry, I just think it was f***** up that other races could live, eat, drink, and do whatever with whites at that time but blacks we treated with such bs and nonsense.

What you think was fucked up never happened. All non-whites were treated the same.

I know it's all over with and in the past but I just wanted to know.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

I'm sorry, I just think it was f***** up that other races could live, eat, drink, and do whatever with whites at that time but blacks we treated with such bs and nonsense.

i never knew that other races were cool to eat live and drink around white people - are you sure that it was cool for an asian or an arab to be cool with white people in a whites only establishment ?

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

lol @ whites being scared of everyone until like 1972 LOL

este sitio es una mierda drippie k's Avatar

whites only meant just that...whites only...everyone else that wasn't white had to fuck off...i don't see how this could be any real deep discussion, its fucking obvious what those signs meant
    cash rules. still don't nothin move but the money

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Man View Post
    Who are some of these people who were considered black but wasn't?

I know of people passing for white.

There is no such thing as race. That is only a tool to divide people. Another naming system that has it's origins with white people.
    Peace. Like for example, a middle eastern man with an afro and a moustache would typically be considered black. Basically in the 1940s practically every non white person was considered black so they used black basically to mean non white.

In some places it went beyond a ban on frenquenting eateries and the like, there were sometimes whole towns that vigorously warded off anyone of color from settleing in the town. My Grandfather has spoken of a towns near where he grew up in Texas Actually putting up large signs at the city limits reading "Nigger dont let the sun set on you here." Shit was real and mad fucked up not that long ago.
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

^DAMN ahahahahaa whites were fuckin RUTHLESS back in the old days ... ahahaha damn

yeah, i put my vote that "Whites Only" meant only people who were confirmed white by the local general white population, excluding every ethnic group that wasnt as hitler-style-arian white as God Himself created Jesus.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by Black Man View Post
    No, I don't know what you mean that's why I asked.

The reason why you can't help a person understand is because your wisdom is limited. You're unable to take them from one reference point to the next. Don't blame your inablities on me.

People who are non-white (not considered white by people who consider and classify themselves as white) have been called many different names in america by white people regardless of their native lands.

Most names used today by people who are classified as non-white is based on the name white people gave them and during various periods of time inside and outside of america, these names have changed and also were interchangeable. Nigger wasn't a name exclusive to so-called African-Americans a name which came at a much later time in american history. Never during slavery or jim crow was a 'black' person referred to as an African American. Even the term African-American came AFTER the term Afro-American.

At one time non-whites were referred to as colored regardless of where they came from. The people YOU call chinese or japanese or african american people who classified themselves (or was classified) as white were all called by the SAME name at some point in time by whites (in america).

African-American and Afro-American were names designated during the 'Black Power Movement' to destroy the momentum and progress of original people and to keep them divided. It was aslos during this time period where there were MANY original people coming together from different parts of the world (different nationalities) as ONE people...chanting BLACK POWER.

Then what happened?
    yes.

Well, I guess they didn't care about Native Americans since they took their land and killed nearly half of the race. I guess they liked Mexicans since they have a nice culture, women, etc. Asians are known to be smart, hard working, beautiful culture, polite, etc. Indians are......well, Indians. What about Arabs? I KNOW for a fact that Arabs are called sand n. If they could enter a white diner and live in an all white neighborhood, then that was f***** up! Black people were just, well, we all know.

I know it's all over with and in the past but I just wanted to know.

^thought process is mind baffling.
    We do it for the people.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ!!! View Post
    ^DAMN ahahahahaa whites were fuckin RUTHLESS back in the old days ... ahahaha damn
    yeah...the white man is the devil, no doubt about it.