Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Top 5 Floyd Albums

Pink Floyd, in any incarnation, playing Dark Side of the Moon in it's entirety, to me is more that just ok, but it's whatever.

Live @ Pompeii is still the best live product that's widely available though.

Yo all u pink floyd heads come to http://www.myspace.com/doperecordselektaz
    & see if u can name that sample (names of course ruin it but peep em still!)

In no particular order... Dark SIde, Animals, meddle, wall & Wish u were here

Darkside
    Momentary Lapse of Reason
    The Wall
    Animals
    Wish you Were Here

I'm not one to give qualifiers, but I do love Meddle, Saucerful of secrets, and Piper at the gates of dawn as well, it's just that 70's time period after these albums was when they really came into their own and polished everything perfectly. Example, is there any better album than Darkside in history? Not really. No disrespect to Syd Barret.

Wish You Were Here.

^Dope song in your sig btw.

Quote Originally Posted by BEATSMITH RESIST View Post
    Yo all u pink floyd heads come to http://www.myspace.com/doperecordselektaz
    & see if u can name that sample (names of course ruin it but peep em still!)

In no particular order... Dark SIde, Animals, meddle, wall & Wish u were here
    Great Gig In the Sky

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

Quote Originally Posted by 501 Gold View Post
    I know what you mean, but the 'Pulse' DVD is really good, even it doesn't have Roger on it. The same can be said of 'In The Flesh', the live Roger Waters DVD. He does a lot of great songs on it and he has a really amazing band backing him. You should check out both of them.
    Yeah I've got them all on cd. The other Waters one and the fairly recent Gilmour one too. I just haven't checked out the dvd's yet. But yeah, I definitely will before long. I was stoked to hear Waters do Dogs on In The Flesh. Another highlight of those cd's is Gilmour's guitar solo at the end of Comfortably Numb on the Live in Gdansk double cd. Also awesome to hear him do Echoes. When you put together all those live double cd's that the Floyd, Waters and Gilmour put out, and edit out all the uneccessary stuff, you get a pretty good range of tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    Darkside
    Momentary Lapse of Reason
    The Wall
    Animals
    Wish you Were Here
    Interesting.

I must say, I have been enjoying my edited versions of MLOR and DB on my fake Ipod lately. I have probably about half of each album. I think probably the worst thing about those albums is that there's quite a lot of long instrumental sections, or instrumental tracks, which is cool, it's very Floyd, but unfortunately unlike earlier Floyd they're just not interesting at all and pretty much just waste space. Most the actual songs are really pretty decent and enjoyable.

yippee you cant see me, but i can you...

So um I've completely changed my opinion of 'The Final Cut'. I fucken love it. It's a great album. I mean when you look at it as a follow up to an incredible run of brilliant albums, it's pretty bad. But if you look at it as an individual album, and pretty much a Roger Waters solo one at it, it's pretty damn good. There's some real quality on it. 'When the Tigers Broke Free', 'The Gunner's Dream', and 'The Final Cut' are all really exceptional tracks, especially lyrically. But the album as a whole is well above average. Actually very minimal dull moments at all now that I've become intimate with it. I'd have to put it at number 6 on my favourite Floyd albums list, after the 5 I listed in my initial post. 'Saucerful of Secrets' offers strong competition for that slot though.

i think i'm high

no love for the division bell?

had some really good songs on there.....

Realness

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    So um I've completely changed my opinion of 'The Final Cut'. I fucken love it. It's a great album. I mean when you look at it as a follow up to an incredible run of brilliant albums, it's pretty bad. But if you look at it as an individual album, and pretty much a Roger Waters solo one at it, it's pretty damn good. There's some real quality on it. 'When the Tigers Broke Free', 'The Gunner's Dream', and 'The Final Cut' are all really exceptional tracks, especially lyrically. But the album as a whole is well above average. Actually very minimal dull moments at all now that I've become intimate with it. I'd have to put it at number 6 on my favourite Floyd albums list, after the 5 I listed in my initial post. 'Saucerful of Secrets' offers strong competition for that slot though.
    The Final Cut is underrated..

The Thrill of It All spammy sosa's Avatar

1. the piper at the gates of dawn
    2. a saucerful of secrets
    3. atom heart mother
    4. meddle
    5. the dark side of the moon