Thread: Ghostface got $30,000 for Ironman cameo

Banned

Default Ghostface got $30,000 for Ironman cameo

i doubt this, but...

Ghostface Killah Talks 'Iron Man 2' And The Price Of A Tony Starks Cameo

Posted 1 hr ago by Rick Marshall in Marvel, News

Wu-Tang Clan member and comic book fan Ghostface Killah, who filmed a cameo in "Iron Man" as a Dubai tycoon, never ended up making it into the final cut of the film—even though his "We Celebrate" video did. So, when we sat down with the man who goes by the name "Tony Starks" to discuss his upcoming album plans, we had to ask if he's giving it another shot with "Iron Man 2."
    Unfortunately, Ghost said he hasn't heard from director Jon Favreau or anyone else involved with the film... yet.
    "I don't know about this new Iron Man s---," Ghost told MTV News. "They didn't call me, so I'm not in it."
    Even so, he shared some thoughts about his "Iron Man" movie experience.
    "I got paid last time, though," he laughed. "I got 30Gs last time."
    So, while you shouldn't expect to see Ghostface Killah in the sequel to last year's blockbuster, at least you know how much a cameo in the film can yield. (Oh, and if anyone talks to Jon Favreau soon, tell him I'd do the film for free. Call me!)

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

thats a nice earner. i doubt he would just lie about it lol. it was probably for the song being appearing in the film, on a block buster like that get mad residuals.

I'd like to know how much RZA got paid for the Blade score, and the Kill Bill score.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    thats a nice earner. i doubt he would just lie about it lol. it was probably for the song being appearing in the film, on a block buster like that get mad residuals.

I'd like to know how much RZA got paid for the Blade score, and the Kill Bill score.
    he probally got paid real good for kill bill

like what though 250k? half a mil? what do they get?

I remember seeing an article about the Blade soundtrack before... I'm sure RZA got paid something like $500,000 for work on the score and soundtrack.

The article was something to do with RZA being sued by an agent who got him the job doing the Blade score or something.

I'll try and find the article...

Peace!

27 September 2006
    RZA SUED BY AGENT OVER BLADE RECORDINGS

Posted in: Entertainment — PR-inside Entertainment News @ 2:18 pm

WU-TANG CLAN rapper RZA is being sued by his agent over fees for his work on the BLADE: TRINITY soundtrack.

Rza, real name ROBERT DIGGS, rapped on FATAL and DAYWALKERS on the album in 2004.
    His agents at the United Talent Agency (UTA) filed suit against Diggs and his company RZA Productions on Friday (22SEP06), claiming they are yet to receive their agreed 10 per cent commission.
    UTA claim Diggs was paid $430,000 (£240,000) for the recordings, of which the rapper agreed to pay 10 per cent of "all consideration received by defendants from, among other things, services performed as a composer in connection with any theatrical motion picture, which agreement was obtained or substantially obtained, by plaintiff for defendants, during the period of plaintiff’s representation of defendants".
    UTA alleges Diggs "failed and refused, and continues to fail and refuse to pay the principal sum of $43,000 or any part thereof", and seeking the amount, plus interest, reports AllHipHop.com.

http://www.pr-inside.com/entertainme...nt-over-blade/

Peace!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    it was probably for the song being appearing in the film, on a block buster like that get mad residuals.
    valid point

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    27 September 2006
    RZA SUED BY AGENT OVER BLADE RECORDINGS

Posted in: Entertainment — PR-inside Entertainment News @ 2:18 pm

WU-TANG CLAN rapper RZA is being sued by his agent over fees for his work on the BLADE: TRINITY soundtrack.

Rza, real name ROBERT DIGGS, rapped on FATAL and DAYWALKERS on the album in 2004.
    His agents at the United Talent Agency (UTA) filed suit against Diggs and his company RZA Productions on Friday (22SEP06), claiming they are yet to receive their agreed 10 per cent commission.
    UTA claim Diggs was paid $430,000 (£240,000) for the recordings, of which the rapper agreed to pay 10 per cent of "all consideration received by defendants from, among other things, services performed as a composer in connection with any theatrical motion picture, which agreement was obtained or substantially obtained, by plaintiff for defendants, during the period of plaintiff’s representation of defendants".
    UTA alleges Diggs "failed and refused, and continues to fail and refuse to pay the principal sum of $43,000 or any part thereof", and seeking the amount, plus interest, reports AllHipHop.com.

http://www.pr-inside.com/entertainme...nt-over-blade/

Peace!
    damn rza why you always got to fuck up things lol.

Mauling Panda's Rampage Dominus Santorini's Avatar

RZA hates paying people...it's not in his DNA

30k is about what it costs for a ghostface cameo on your track, so it makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus Santorini View Post

Its only 50K for rza thats nothing
    "Borough hopping, copping bricks, bags, burners and kicks City slickers, circling the strip, working them tricks"
    -Rebel INS the GREAT!!!

dam i need to get into the movie biz fareal theyre throwin money around like that for 3 second cameos?

Eastern village

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus Santorini View Post

Does'nt he say "Take back what they stole" In a rhyme on the can't go to sleep song? I think he takes he's rhymes littarly

haha, RZA's stealing money from hollywood now.. hustler
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ