07. Street Life (ft. Demarco)
    08. Forever & Always
    09. Rude Bastard
    10. Brooklyn
    11. Bang Time (ft. Styles P)
    12. Sharks in the Water
    13. Riding Through (ft. Redman)
    14. Salute
    Last edited by claaa7; 09-08-2009 at 10:06 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

heat!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Is it the real tracklisting? I thought Redman is on "Riding Through" ?

^^ yeah my bad, Redman is on "Riding Through".

been bumping this every day since the leak and i'm really feeling it, actually pre-ordered my copy yesterday. no major changes in sound here, but if you're checking for M.O.P. you know what you're gonna get and that's much of their game. actually this album is the most reminiscent of their debut album "To The Death" they have done to me so it's title is real fitting.

pounding basslines, soul samples and boom-bap drums is the recipé for the grimy production and Danze and Fame sounds as hungry and sharp as ever. dope one-liners, angry punchlines and agressive verses gets the listeners as hyped as always but the album also includes the brilliant "Forever & Always", a back-track over the duo's career from the corners to tours in Japan and Europe over a great, soul-filled Statik Selektah beat. Other highlights include the adrenaline oozing "Bang Time" which features a nasty Styles P trading verses with the Posse over a disgustingly hard Green Lantern production and the guitar-laced ode to home-base in "I'm A Brownsvillain". Another ode to Brownsville comes with the reagge-flavored "Brooklyn", also a choice cut.

my biggest complaint about the album is the lack of DJ Premier, from '96 to 2000 he was a big part of every M.O.P. album - lacing six beats on each disc as well as mixing and overseeing the projects. here he drops by for his incredible J Dilla homage "What I Wanna Be", one of my favorite songs on the whole disc, but the album would have benefited from two or three more of his beats (actually Preem had finnished up 2 more tracks for the project but the deadline and MOP's tour cut out the chance).

with that being said this album does not dissapoint fans of M.O.P, a very solid release and all the expected elements is intact. from tracks 1 to 11 this shit is straight banging but loses a little towards the end although there is nothing weak on here.

4/5
    Last edited by claaa7; 09-08-2009 at 10:04 AM.

i listened thru once and i gotta say, this shit is banging. beats are pretty much ill throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post

pounding basslines, soul samples and boom-bap drums is the recipé for the grimy production and Danze and Fame sounds as hungry and sharp as ever. dope one-liners, angry punchlines and agressive verses gets the listeners as hyped as always
    exactly...
    i also think this came out feelin like their first. after that i never got that feeling back. i don't think they ever really came back till now.
    i kept this on repeat all night at work. i was thinking howood a year in hip hop this was but i was anxious for the MOP letdown and they slapped me in the face this time.

a very high 4/5

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

M.O.P never dissapoints, never. 4-4.5/5 for me.

this easily could have been called to the death 2 honestly.

its gonna be a sad day when berkowitz and fizzy wo get out the game for real.

even the weaker joints on there are still pretty damn good, how manny niggsz can say they have dropped banger after banger other masta ace and gza??

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Tuff album. This is what hip-hop supposed to sound like

Veteran Member

"other masta ace and gza?? "

Ghostface Killah? Tribe Called Quest? Redman? Pharcyde?

Platinum Chupa Chup DirtMcgehrk's Avatar

It's weird. My two favorite albums of the year (this and Survival Skills) also have the worst album covers that I've seen in a while.
    "Drag you to hell I'm evil dead, you can call me Sam Raimi/ These Muthafuckas
    want a verse but they can't pay me."

sounds like their old shit
    i like it
    tonykipriani.bandcamp.com
    soundcloud.com/tony-kipriani

damn, i've been bumping this and OB4CL2 every single day since they leaked and i can't decide which one i like more.. very tight album this, it's between an 8 and a 9 definitely.

Urban's, Gigy's, Queen's, Roze's wildest dreams

Nevermind
    Last edited by Jeru; 09-19-2009 at 07:44 AM.

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
    New and Improved Cool List © : Everybody
    © The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved

-

DirtMcgehrk, there's nothing wrong with M.O.P.'s album cover. That's a nice album cover but i do agree with you that KRS and Buckshot's album cover sucks. I haven't heard this M.O.P. album yet but i will eventually. That sucks that DJ Premier didn't produce a lot of songs on this one like he usually does for them. Claaa7, so your saying this album is good huh? I hope your right because i didn't like their last 2 albums Marxmen Cinema and Ghetto Warfare.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

So this is actually their first REAL album since Warriorz right?

thats crazy that album was insane. gonna have to check this tomorrow gotta go out now.