0 0%
  • 2: Boring

0 0%
  • 1: Wack

1 9.09%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M.O.P. - "Foundation"

-

Ghetto Warfare was their last album that got released before this new album. Marxmen Cinema double album is a bootleg that was only available on the internet.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Yeah but this is the first real album since Warriorz, theyve all been compilations and mixtape/albums

-

I'm telling you that Ghetto Warfare was their last real album after Warriorz. Actually Ghetto Warfare was supposed to come out in 2003 or 2004 when they were with Rocafella but it didn't come out until 2006 and the album wasn't on Rocafella. A independent label released it. M.O.P. has been fucked over several times by record labels and that's not their fault. I should've known G Unit wasn't gonna release a album by them and i'm glad they left the label.

Got it this morning.

It's tight.
    Funny thing, the tracklisting on the back cover and in the liner notes is incorrect. I was thrown off a bit after the first track due to this 'cuz I bumped it first time with my boombox. Thankfully it's done right on the actual disc.

Sad there's not much Primo, didnt really feel his track, but it's alright.
    Really like 'Blow The Horns' and 'Crazy'.
    LOVE 'Forever and Always'. The way it just finishes with Fame still on the hook makes you think like he had much more to say, but they just had to cut it short. Kinda like Ghostface on 'Cash Still Rules'.
    'Rude Bastard' has a beat that does NOT match it's title. Nevertheless, I find myself also loving this song.

The joint tails off at the end, but it's still good. Surprisingly I like the tracks with the more soulful beats (F&A, Rude Bastard) than the hardhitters, which is what M.O.P. are known for best. But it's all good.

One minus though: I hate the auto-tune on 'Street Life'. Did the guy on the hook really need that shit? Good verses by Billy and Fame though.

CharlesJones: you're wrong, "Marxmen Cinema" is an official mixtape put out by MOP themeselves, i got it - it's a double CD with full artwork and everything. it was also released on vinyl, 4 lp's.

"Ghetto Warfare" is sorta like an album, it was the LP they recorded for Roc-A-Fella as you say but it got shelved but then the Mash Out Posse released themeselves through some small indie label. both these albums/tapes are good though but "Foundation" is easily better than both.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

-

I didn't know they released Marxmen Cinema themselves. My bad. That album was a mixtape? I didn't know that.

This blog is therapy for me. Im been holding this back for a long time. This shit has to be said.

Ok... most people know of the hardcore group out of Brownsville..Brooklyn by the name of M.O.P. They are by far my favorite get crazy..shoot somebody.. group (the individual MC that gets that honor would be the late great Dirt Dog Dirt MC). But there is something different about M.O.P..terribly different...their wild shit is NOT A GAME. These niggas will literally kill... your... ass.

Back in the day when M.O.P. drop their anthem Ante Up, they came by Marley's crib to do the Future Flavas show. Well seeing that I've been a fan of the group since my college days ("How About Some Hardcore" back in 94), I made sure I had my lil black ass in attendance.

Now being at Future Flavas has always been a treat. That shit is hip hop at its core level. Ridiculous beats..MC's that can hold their own. Marley doing what he did when he damn near founded real hip hop..Pete Rock on the 1's and 2's killin em softly. Im in the cut laughing with my man DJ Callie Ban and Jappy Jap while drinking some brews and passing whatever they pass around the room.

All of a sudden on the cameras... you see some spooky shit pull up. A whole bunch of niggas jump out the car looking like pure fugitives. I look at Callie and start hiding my wallet. My man Jappy Jap says..boy this gonna be a good one. I say got damn Marley... Its the IRS. He said naw nigga..thats Lil Fame and dem. I said.. oh got damn. Jappy lets them in to the studio and they pound everyone up. Its Fame and Danz and their crew. They immediately hit the smoke and grab a couple brews. Pete hands Danz a dat (ending up being the never release "Here Comes The Realness". I look at Lil Fame's boots and I could swear there are blood spots all over them. I say..did u cut yourself..He gives me the look of death...like lil nigga you know what it is. He had gold fangs in! I said "Awww Got Damnnn...please tell me you didnt kill him on the way up here!"

About this time the show is starting. Pete is scuffling thru unopened records while Marley is greeting NYC. Now the usually protocol is Marley sets it off for about 15 mins or so then brings in the guests...but NOOOO not that night..for some reason he didnt go to the guest until 30 after the hour. So for 30 mins Im standing there in total fear. They looking at me laughing. They said Boo twice. I knocked over 2 stacks of records. Fame said where you from lil fella. I said...umm shit man I cant remember. He said what the fuck wrong wit u. I said nigga yall motherfuckers spooky. I said man Im a grown ass man... this shit aint right. Im too old to be scared of you niggas. Danz laughs the most sinister laugh I ever heard in my got damn life. He says shit.. no your ass aint. About this time Pete starts giggling and shit. Niggas think its funny. Im standing there trying to figure out was it a real possiblity for me to run back to Newark Airport..and niggas is laughing. So I muster up every ounce of courage left in my lil drunk body and say....let me get an autograph.

Both of them cats come towards me at 1 time. My knees buckle. I yell out "Nigga I got a kid!!!" They grab a pen and sign my copy of Warriorz. Fame said calm down lil nigga and handed me a beer (like i didnt buy the shit from the beginning).

They kick it with me for about another 10 mins before the break. You would think that would calm me down..that I would see that this were cool brothers with a big image. They really tried to..I really believe they did..but when they went back across the studio to do the mic break... I told Callie..I swear to you.. Im never going to Brooklyn. I said niggas shouldn't live in fear like this.

Far to quickly, they finish their freestyles and prepare to leave the studio. I try to act like I have to use the bathroom so maybe they could leave before I got back out. Then my worst nightmare...Fame has to use the got damn bathroom. That niggas says "shit what you doing in there". I let this slip out "hiding from yall". That nigga says get your ass out that bathroom before I kill you... The next thing I remember was Callie pouring a beer on my face. I passed out in the middle of that nasty bathroom.

Let this be a warning to all. Learn from my experiences. Buy anything M.O.P. puts out. Shit..buy 3 or 4 copies. Do anything you can to keep these niggas happy and off the streets.

Footnote...DJ Bazarro called M.O.P. some punks.. so did Myron Ruff of Granite Quarry, NC. If Danz or Fame reads this..hit me up and I will give you these guys addresses and phone numbers.

Now I feel better.

ahahahahhah that shit is hilarious..

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...endId=56718398

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

this album is fire, the tracklist on the back of the cover threw me off though since it doesnt match the play order. Only disappointments were that Heltah Skeltah and Busta Rhymes were supposed to appear on the album but the it was rushed at the end, and thats one of the reasons the tracklist on the back cover is out of order

^^ the track with Busta Rhymes is actually "Brooklyn", the version that leaked some months before the actual release had a verse from Busta between Fame and Danze's verses. other than that it's the exact same song that's on the LP - i think they cut him because the song was too long that way (almost 7 minutes). There is also an official remix of "Blow The Horns" with Busta. didn't know Heltah Skeltah was supposed to appear though, that would have been ill.. the one i miss on the album is definitely TEFLON!

yeah, i've been spinning this shit and its a solid ass album. sounds good in a system for damn sure.

and redman beaks out his m.o.p./realest street niggas story at the end of his joint on there. these cats dont fuck around. lol

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    "other masta ace and gza?? "

Ghostface Killah? Tribe Called Quest? Redman? Pharcyde?
    tribe and pharcyde yes.
    ghostface and redman.. no

red gone wild was shit and so was big doe rehab.

imo of course.

Jesus Christ this album is crazy. It makes me wanna crack some craniums. 4.5/5.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

i agree about missing Teflon, im really feelin this album though been playing it at least once a day

Veteran Member

"ghostface and redman.. no"

Whut? Thee Album, Dare Iz A Darkside & Muddy Waters were 3 classics in a row..thats pretty consistent IMO

Ghostface had 2 (Ironman & SC) especially since most rappers suffer on their 2nd LP (sophmore slump)

^^ they sure as hell have very dope discography's but i think he meant as far as NEVER releasing a weaker effort MOP is amongst the best that ever did it.. i agree with him.