Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RZA Vs Dj Premier !!!

Golden Child Shaolin Bloody Sword's Avatar

Default RZA Vs Dj Premier !!!

Fuck a poll ! I need people's opinions... I will say Primo because he's more consistent. RZA was the illest producer in the the 90's , but overall i have to go with Primo.

Today we do not know what to expect from a RZA production ! Back in the days it meant pure dopeness, but today it's uncertain. He did is thing on CL 2 though...

idk... preem has consistancy but RZA's work has BETTER shit.
    imo there isn't a premo beat that i ever feel like i NEED to hear, he is great tho but RZA... idk man... he changed my life.

the 2 shud battle it out on the 1's an 2's..

rza because he experiments, and is way more versatile...premier slavishly follows a template...it works and is dope but it gets tiresome...with premier you know exactly what you're getting, and with rza you never really know and that makes him a more interesting artist even when he fails imo.

^ i agree RZA is more versatile and although they both have made epic beats, Rza's have a sound about them that makes them so good, i cant really explain it.....Like listen to Tres Leches, that beat was made with just different deep undertones, and the way everything fits together with the perfection he has on the drums is flawless

courage under fire War and Peace's Avatar
    walking through the valley of the shadow of death

RZA-

>afro samurai/kill bill/ghost dog/blade trinity/the protector/unleashed/babylon a.d. - etc.
    >wu/wu-fam production from '93-'09
    >like preemo, has collabed w/ almost every ill emcee
    >plus his lyrical ability shows and proves he's on another plane than preemo-

preemo is an all-time great tho-
    top 5 imo

GOLDEN ARMS REDEMPTION

'Forked tongue make painful kisses...........and fam, when you talk, then the angels listen.'

Rza, of course premo has dope beats as well but most of his beats follow same format, rza has more variety and all that, Rza is number 1 for me all time and i have premo out of the top 5 oh and i think premo despises rza, i never hear him give him props ever.

Banned

whoever thinks that premo is better has no knowledge or feeling of/for music and beats-sorry

RZA has more depth, if the beat is good at all. Premier more quantity but many less GREAT beats. Can you ever see Primo making something like Glaciers of Ice? No.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

people sayin that Primo aint versatile dont really know all his work
    Primo can do anything but he got his style
    i cant really choose between Prim & Rza both are in my top 5

Quote Originally Posted by War and Peace View Post
    RZA-

can't agree there, like DJ Premier and Pete Rock have rocked it out with EVERYBODY but RZA hasn't really gone too far outside the Wu and Wu fam to many time. he have the 1 joint with Pun and B.I.G. and worked with some like G Rap, Q-Tip and Jeru The Damaja on soundtracks but check out Premier's production discography!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdeblasi View Post
    ^ i agree RZA is more versatile and although they both have made epic beats, Rza's have a sound about them that makes them so good, i cant really explain it.....Like listen to Tres Leches, that beat was made with just different deep undertones, and the way everything fits together with the perfection he has on the drums is flawless
    Yes, it's all about sound texture and attention to detail. A skill that RZA possesses like no other producer.
    Last edited by Gitche Manito; 09-13-2009 at 11:19 AM.
    Comme les anges à l'œil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.

RZA-

>afro samurai/kill bill/ghost dog/blade trinity/the protector/unleashed/babylon a.d. - etc.
    >wu/wu-fam production from '93-'09
    >plus his lyrical ability shows and proves he's on another plane than preemo-

preemo is an all-time great tho-
    top 5 imo
    Primo has collaborated with every ill MC because the demand for his beats is high.... Everybody wants a Prim beat !!! point blank

courage under fire War and Peace's Avatar
    walking through the valley of the shadow of death

how many movie soundtracks has preemo scored, and how many ill verses has he spit?

GOLDEN ARMS REDEMPTION

'Forked tongue make painful kisses...........and fam, when you talk, then the angels listen.'

how many movie soundtracks has preemo scored, and how many ill verses has he spit?

Primo is a producer ! He has never tried to rhyme and doesn't need to.... He stays with one craft.

The chances of a Primo beat to be fire is at least 90%. "Today" the chances of a RZA beat to be fire is around 60%. You just don't know what to expect from him anymore....

To me RZA is like Mike Tyson ! He started his career perfectly as a ferocious producer then fell off down the line..... He needs to produce another dope Wu album in order for me to believe in him again. Everybody can produce a dope track every now and then, but an entire album is chanlenging. The last 2 Wu albums have been half ass due to the production. Wu still has it lyrically, but it's the production that's suffering !
    Last edited by Shaolin Bloody Sword; 09-13-2009 at 07:39 AM.