Thread: HipHopDX.com Ghostface interview

Default HipHopDX.com Ghostface interview

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

nice read
    "Wu-Tang is always in the spotlight"

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Great read great find

talking on how he sees his subject matter maturing:

"...as my albums go on, I’ll get to the phase where you gotta talk about “Nigga, you fucked up,” talking about the men. Or, it could be “I miss my kids” or it could be “Yo, we gotta get our morals together,” speaking on men. But, then you got women, too, that’s fucked up and might fuck a different dude every month and that’s not good. Yeah, [that will come] as time goes on, but, this album is a mature album. This is the album that sets it off for all that shit."

i can't stand rappers who think they got all the answers, which is one of the reasons i like ghost cuz with as much material as he's dropped he hasn't come off sounding like a preacher too much. i hope he keeps his creativity flowing and doesn't resort to droning on about how other people how they should live their lives.

...good interview btw

more akbar

Quote Originally Posted by Huggahu Akbar View Post
    talking on how he sees his subject matter maturing:

"...as my albums go on, I’ll get to the phase where you gotta talk about “Nigga, you fucked up,” talking about the men. Or, it could be “I miss my kids” or it could be “Yo, we gotta get our morals together,” speaking on men. But, then you got women, too, that’s fucked up and might fuck a different dude every month and that’s not good. Yeah, [that will come] as time goes on, but, this album is a mature album. This is the album that sets it off for all that shit."

i can't stand rappers who think they got all the answers, which is one of the reasons i like ghost cuz with as much material as he's dropped he hasn't come off sounding like a preacher too much. i hope he keeps his creativity flowing and doesn't resort to droning on about how other people how they should live their lives.

...good interview btw
    You must hate KRS ONE with a passion lol

Very good interview.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

i've seen him live once and that was cool but i don't know how anyone can put on headphones and listen to a dude give sermon after sermon.

more akbar

True, I get what you're saying.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

awesome interview...

"By the time you hit 50, there’s other things to talk about, B. You can’t talk that crack shit. You gotta talk about shit that people relate to. I don’t give a fuck if you’re broke. If you’re broke, [rhyme like] “Nigga, I don’t got it! Don’t ask me for no fuckin’ money, nigga, I don’t go it!” You gotta be talking about real shit like that. Say you fuck around and you on health care or Social Security: “Yo, yo, yo, Social Security ain’t payin’ me too much!” It’s that shit that motherfuckers can relate to. I don’t give a fuck if you old and you have a cane, nigga. You gotta talk about your cane! You know what I mean? We do these things. Like, “Me and my bitch got glass canes with iced out...” or “I got false teeth with frames on ‘em.” You know what I mean? If you a 60 year-old nigga, you gotta spit a 60 year-old dart! I want to still be rhyming when I’m 60. I might not want to do shows, I don’t know, but I still believe I’ma be throwin’ old man darts because I’m a fly nigga in my head. I believe that yo, you could do whatever the fuck you want. It’s nothin’ to write rhymes. It ain’t like I’m out there with a shovel, slavin’ every fuckin’ morning. This is something you do with a pen and a fuckin’ paper, B. This is music. So, in my old man darts, even if I’m going senile, I’ma have to write that shit. If my dick can’t get up, I might have to go ahead and start throwing that shit like “Yo, I done reached that age when my dick can’t get up!” You know what I’m saying? Just make it sound fly to where motherfuckers is like “Oh shit!” That’s what it is. That’s how you’re going to keep your fans with you. Don’t front on ‘em."

Great interview, I hope Ghost keeps rhyming until he can't anymore. The best in the Clan.

Veteran Member

Ghost is that nigga. Too many front on him. One of illest catalogs ever
    Wu Tang Forever.

Banned

i cant wait to hear a track about soft serving a chick!!!!!

i think it would be a powerful record that connects fans of all ages!!!!

ghost hasnt lost a thing he gets better the older he gets!!!!

good read

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post
    i cant wait to hear a track about soft serving a chick!!!!!

i think it would be a powerful record that connects fans of all ages!!!!

ghost hasnt lost a thing he gets better the older he gets!!!!
    "if my sugar high, my dick don't get up"
    -ghostface, "stapleton sex"

more akbar

lol @ "throwin old man darts"

Someone should photoshop a ghostface "old man darts" album cover.