Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Style's weekly sports discussion.

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

What's with all this WWE stuff Check? This is supposed to be about sports homie. Not other forms of entertainment. Am I wrong?

lol the wrestling thread is one of the most popular threads in the sports zone. I would say that's more sports related than say something like chess and poker.

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

I can't argue that. lol @ chess and poker being sports. I have no idea how either is considered a sport by anyone. But is wrestling really more of a sport, or a soap opera? I understand that WWE entertainers do have to be athletic, and do risk and suffer injuries. My main argument that it's not a sport is that in the sports world the outcome of a competition should NEVER be pre-determined. In sports, that's called fixing a game/match and is quite frowned upon in every sport. Then you have the fact that there is already a real sport called wrestling. As an amateur wrestler, it would bother me that WWE is considered "professional wrestling." Professional wrestling, should be people actually wrestling for money. I just don't like clicking on a weekly sports update thread only to find out it's about "professional wrestling." As far as wrestling's popularity, I wasn't even commenting on that, Nor do I care to. I was strictly talking sports wise.

I can see where you're coming from, but this thread hadn't been updated in a while and it's more of a joke type of a thread. lol Though you can add non wrestling posts to it if you would like.