Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What track have you skipped the most?

Cold Bottles of Becks Tonystarks420's Avatar

am i the only one here that doesnt skip a track??

serious...im not being a dickrider or nothing or a stan, ive bought every wu realeae in the past 5 years including big doe, digi snax, 8 diagrams, pro tools and so on and this is the only album i find my self not skipping.

it hasnt come out of my car stereo since the day ive got it and i still listen to it from track 1 to 22 straight through.

i will admit though i do SOMETIMES skip mean streets and i do fast forward blue rasberrys singing on Have Mercy LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tonystarks420 View Post
    am i the only one here that doesnt skip a track??

serious...im not being a dickrider or nothing or a stan, ive bought every wu realeae in the past 5 years including big doe, digi snax, 8 diagrams, pro tools and so on and this is the only album i find my self not skipping.

it hasnt come out of my car stereo since the day ive got it and i still listen to it from track 1 to 22 straight through.

i will admit though i do SOMETIMES skip mean streets and i do fast forward blue rasberrys singing on Have Mercy LOL
    I thought blue raspberry came off on Have Mercy...and what an ill fucking song

I try to listen to it all the way through each time but the only track I ever skip is We Will Rob You...(why? not sure...something about the beat and awkward hook...lyrics are generally on point and GZA shines on it.)

the hook on Black Mozart bothered me at first because of over-familiarity with the Godfather soundtrack but damn...it's one of the best tracks.

this is such an incredibly well put-together album. i heard rae was recording up to the last minute but it sure as hell doesn't give that impression. if i were to rate it...i would give it a 8.9 to Cuban Linx 1's 10.0

SHAOLIN STUDENT

I skip Canal Street the most. Already heard AZ rock the beat a few years ago, and the minute of nothingness before the song actually starts makes it not worth the wait. Not a bad song though at all though. Same deal with Mean Streets. Bronze used the sample before, and I dont really like Deck's verse too much.
    noyzhiphop.bandcamp.com
    twitter.com/noyzhiphop

Quote Originally Posted by Noyz View Post
    I skip Canal Street the most. Already heard AZ rock the beat a few years ago, and the minute of nothingness before the song actually starts makes it not worth the wait. Not a bad song though at all though. Same deal with Mean Streets. Bronze used the sample before, and I dont really like Deck's verse too much.

AZ killed that beat on the format. Early on made it real hard 4 me not to skip it but not now I bump it. Same with Mean Streets beat. Tragedy Killed it also on Still Reportin'.
    Yo!

Banned

I only skip the intro but I will probably listen to it a few more times before I start to narrow down only certain tracks I want to hear.

Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

PRODIGAL SUN UncontrolledSubstans's Avatar

Skips "Mean Streets" once in a while.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

right now im only listening to house of flying daggers, pyrex vision, black mozart, gihad, 10 bricks.

The rest of the album not really too interested in yet, maybe when i get bored of these
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

I only skip the intro.

Veteran Member

i can get thru the first 11 tracks no problem... then i start skipping broken safety, canal street, ason jones (good track, really out of place), have mercy, catalina, about me

would have much rather had criminology 2, badlands and state of grace on there

Veteran Member

Fat Lady Sings
    Bagging Crack
    Ason Jones (bcos i don't think it shd be here)
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

Cilvaring's Father deezGlazedTonsils1981's Avatar

whats with people thinking ason jones doesnt fit??? if anything about me should be deleted from hip hop history

Quote Originally Posted by Wh0am3ye? View Post
    For me it would have to be mean streets, that fucking hook burns me.
    Obviously only street niggas and or people that deal with the street relate to the hook in this song.....not suprised.

i usually play it straight thru. its the only way to capture the cinematic flow the album brings. sometimes i dont care too much for Baggin Crack & Have Mercy. the lyrics save it for the most part but i thought BC was Sermon's rather weak effort and wasnt feelin Blue Ras' vocals on HM.

Ive skipped everything at least a few times, it depends what Im in the mood to hear tho.

Veteran Member

Only track I skip sometimes is We Will Rob U.
    Wu Tang Forever.