Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Creation' movie will not be released in the US because it is too controversial?

american admissions have been flat as opposed to a constant rise in years past.
    growth of box office revenue has slowed to a halt.

yeah the numbers will rise but in terms of a growth trend the nubers are down.

http://www.mpaa.org/researchStatistics.asp

I think its stupid that americans have to embarrass themselves like this, and most honestly, white ppl and KTL posters.

Americans need to come to terms with the fact that they don't believe in god and they're not bad ppl for not believing in it.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

We dont even understand how the universe works yet, just look at dark matter. And we dont even know how the brain works yet.

So how can we say God doesnt exist? OK we figured out evolution. Thats only a small part of what life is. Theres so much we DONT know about shit, i mean theyve even proved theoretically that at least 14 other dimensions probably do exist, so how the fuck are we gonna flat out say there is no God, and God could be anything.

Yeah, but that's not really the point.

What gavin said is also kind of irrelevant.

The mere fact that a movie about Darwin stirs up controversy, is so retarded to anyone from outside the US.

Darwin doesn't even say 'god doesn't exist', wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Bateman View Post
    Yeah, but that's not really the point.

What gavin said is also kind of irrelevant.

The mere fact that a movie about Darwin stirs up controversy, is so retarded to anyone from outside the US.

okay lets get some facts 1st.

what is the reason given for it not being picked up in american theaters?
    is it because of money, controversy or some reason that hasn't been mentioned?

my guess was thast the movie doesn't have the appeal to make big bux in america. but i could be wrong.

dearderek,

nobody said darwin advocated atheism. learn to read.... then learn to spell and then learn to form coherent sentences.

thankyouderek.

Yes, that is your guess, but it's mostly incorrect.

The films producers say that it hasn't received distribution because the subject matter is of a controversial nature, and nobody wants to pick it up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...s-America.html

Which is fucking ridiculous.

So yes, it is because it won't make a lot of money, because it has what Americans perceive to be controversial subject matter.

It is not because there is no interest in the film, which is apparently very good.

I can easily see Style Hotemp, a core catholic, being for the banning
    Idk why your acting like your a concerned parent now, what happened these past 10 years ya fat faggot.

but this is banning a movie cause it shows a view point that is different from the christian view point.
    the country isn't even as religious as we're pretending to be is the sad part. This is a movie i would have loved to see and now wtf.

this is why nobody goes to movies anymore, they just wanna show you Gi Joe all day, nothing thought provoking or ground breaking cause money and fear has made hollywood pussy

they can't even have sex anymore, smoke cigs, let alone snort LIVE FUCKING BLOW.

if we had this Gavin mentality about movie making we wouldn't have Clockwork Orange, and Scarface to name a few classics.

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    in a way this thread title is a little misleading. it almost sounds like the u.s. government has banned the movie. not the case at all. just that no american distributor has bought the rights to the movie because of all of our dumb americans and their fucking controversy
    pretty much. darwin was a very smart man...as is richard dawkins, sure i may not agree with a lot of what they say or what ever but i do respect the intellect they have. i would love to have a good intelligent convo with both of them cats(if darwin was still alive of course). and i also want to see this flick.

i really hate my country sometimes.. people have the right to believe what they want to belive.

i believe in god.. its religion thats fucked off. anyway this flick should come out

im going to sleep now.
    Last edited by BRONZBODY; 09-24-2009 at 11:54 PM.

Banned

richard dawkins is a true prophet

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    So the movie is going to be released in several countries, but not the US?What year are we living in?

fuck you! what are you trying to say al-qaeda? this is america the land of the free!!! yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaw. USA! USA!USA!

your government knows whats better for you then you do check you know that

and yea i know about the movie rights its all bullshit in the end

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.

derek you dumb ass! the movie was not BANNED.

nobody in america is willing to risk wasting money on this snoozefest.
    most english accented period films don't make money in america.

lol@ tissa wanting theaters to pick it up when there's no way in hell he'd go to see it anyway.

add "learn to shut the fuck up." to that list of things to learn.

like you can't just watch this on the internet anyway.
    and yall talk about KTL conclusion jumps. the 1% is all over this.

somebody tell me where a banning is involved and where the gov determined it to be unfit for comsumption.