07 Paragraphs of Love [ft. Vaughn Anthony and Estelle]
    08 Guest House [ft. Fabolous and Shareefa]
    09 Let's Stop Playin' [ft. John Legend]
    10 Forever
    11 I'll Be That [ft. Adrienne Bailon]
    12 Goner [ft. Lloyd]
    13 She's A Killah [ft. Ron Browz] *
    14 Back Like That [ft. Ne-Yo and Kanye West] *
    Last edited by TAURO; 09-21-2009 at 01:50 PM.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Cheers. I think Back Like That is a remix, or a second remix rather of the song

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

How much you think this will see in the first week?
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Sleepyheaded Nonsense Dr Sleepwalker's Avatar

I thought I was defintely not gunna feel this..

But it suprised me after the first listen, the songs are very well put together.
    It's nothing amazing or anything, but it's a good listen, I'm enjoying it after it's first spin.
    I'll vote after I give it a couple more listens.

reserved.

more akbar

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

this is ghostface killah for your lady friend hahaha shit is dope so far i'll drop a review soon

FRESH FISH

I fear 'Hardcore Wu Groupie' fans not gonna like this album because its "too rnb for my liking", but Ghosts raps is so on point. Different album with a more rnb/soul feel to it, but this is the type of album you can bang wit ur wifey, haha! Big Ghostface doin' it! Give this another spin n write a review for it.

this album is pretty good after few listens
    Stay Off The F*&?%$' Flowers

on first listen (although i've heard more than half the songs a couple times before) i say that it's another solid release from Ghostface but it could obviously been better. Tony is on point as far as the lyrics and storytelling goes and although the one and only theme is the focus on love and the opposite sex he manages to flip and bend the subject in lots of interesting ways. "Stapelton Sex" is some nasty ish but i gotta admit that i love that one; "this is hardcore, this ain't no R&B dick, that's reserved for tuesdays" or some shit like that ahahah.

"Guest House" is off the wall, if the word instant classic ever was to be used this had to be it lol. Storytelling on here is just impeccable, production suits very well and even Fabolous adds to the overall brilliance that this joint is. The back-to-back songs "Do Over" (feeling the second verse on his way to Rikers Island so much i had to make a thread about it) and "Baby" (nice work from Rashad Smith on the catchy but sweet beat, long time since i've heard anything from this guy, and even the auto-tune sounds in place) is other highlights and so is the soulful high pitched vocal sampling "Stay" and the greatness that is "Forever".

with that being said the album also has it's share of missteps, a few tracks sounds like your average whatever-whatever R&B tune playing on the radio anytime a day and doesn't add anything for me. the bonus tracks packed at the end is pathetic too and should rather have been left off the album if you ask me, "She's A Killa" is so wack that it's hurtful to hear Ghost jump on the track (which screams 'i'll do anything for money') and to include "Back Like That" for the THIRD time on one of his major albums is totally absurd. A much more fitting way to close the album would rather be "I Wish You Were Here" from 'Chamber Music', preferably with an extra verse from Starks. The tracklist i put in my mp3-player features the first 12 songs in the same order and as track 13 (also the last) i put in "Cruisin" which i'm pretty sure was meant for the album but couldn't get cleared.

all in all i think, based on my only time listening to it and the times i've played the handful joints from it, i'd say that it's a good album and Ghost actually pulled it off - usually his album features mostly street shit with a few R&B/Soul joints stuck in but with this and 'Big Doe Rehab' he made one separate album each for the street shit and the R&B jams which is cool. a little too early to rate anything but i'll probably end up giving it between 3 and 3.5 which equals to a good album.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Production is really solid with all the diff sounds/instruments..on point with his lyrics...enjoyable listen

I thought i was going to hate this after hearing that ron brownz song, but ghost really pulled through. I shouldnt be so surprised seeing this is a ghostface joint. The production is pretty amazing, im really feeling that scram jones joint and "guest house"

i still think Ghost should have got Meth on a joint

Veteran Member

gfk is the leader of wu actually

Prospect

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    on first listen (although i've heard more than half the songs a couple times before) i say that it's another solid release from Ghostface but it could obviously been better. Tony is on point as far as the lyrics and storytelling goes and although the one and only theme is the focus on love and the opposite sex he manages to flip and bend the subject in lots of interesting ways. "Stapelton Sex" is some nasty ish but i gotta admit that i love that one; "this is hardcore, this ain't no R&B dick, that's reserved for tuesdays" or some shit like that ahahah.
    Thursdays. Video Music Box in NYC had RnB Thurdays where they would not play any rap tracks.

damn this album is sick
    WE ARE DISCUSSING THE END OF THE WORLD-OR HOW TO DELAY IT.