• Average

8 11.27%
  • Weak

4 5.63%
  • Wack

5 7.04%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface Killah: Ghostdini Wizard Of Poetry

Has some really dope joints on it but also some pretty average sounding ones. Not sure how much staying power it'll have.

"We don't need no diamond rings
    All we need is a drum like
    Fuck it, he can rhyme, I'll sing"

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Default Ghostdini wizard of poetry review

From the word of Ghostface Killah dropping and R&B album, the 1st thought is going to be singing or having singers featured. For the most part it happened to be the latter, and that gave us the glimpse into what Ghost was already known for now it’s was packaged as a fully formatted album in the form of “Ghostdini: Wizard of Poetry in Emerald City”. And this wizard takes us on a journey through different chambers of his style of soulful yet thoughtful and articulate R&B, for example with joints like “Not Your Average Girl”, “Baby” and “Stapleton Sex” all show shades of what Ghost has been doing since “Ironman”.

Once you delve into this album you hear tracks like “Do Over” where Ghost waxes poetics like:

“Aiyo, I wrote this right here, on the bus to Riker's
    Right next to the thieves, the cons, the lifers
    For mad years, you held you down, I'mma overwhelmed in pain
    And the worst time to leave you, now
    I'm sorry, please forgive me, the streets caught me
    I appreciate your concern and support for me
    Most important, your honesty and trust, your heart's incredible
    This the truth spilling out of my guts
    If I, would of took the chance to see
    What was place right in front of my face
    For sure, nine out of ten times
    My accent's wouldn't allow me to be so naive
    And blind, to carry out these mistakes
    I'm cheating, running around, blasting my gun
    For me, my rep on the streets like touching a son
    You like a fingerprint, I never find a match like you
    Thanks for your patience, you find a man, I hope it's true”

And from that joints you peep allot of inner soul dopeness in where Ghost is telling you about situations but still dropping jewels in how you should treat cha lady as well as showing you how to act. Other tracks that make that journey down the yellow brick road is “Stay” and the crazy straight out of movie or telenovel with “Guest House” where ghost waxes poetics about how he can’t get ahold of his girl and she cheating on him with the cable guy.

For the most part there isn’t really no flaws here just wished with all the great singers his label could have ponyed up the money and got acts like Mary J Blige & Alicia Keys but that’s here nor there. This album is satisfying in that its consistency is sick and I doubt most rappers couldn’t totally pull this off. Overall I’m giving this album a 3 ½ out of 5 stars for the fact that Ghost goes in on this but some of the singers are a letdown especially the likes of Shareefa, she should have been replaced but no argument really too much here. This is prolly the few hardcore hip hop albums that you and your girl can enjoy together, this is almost like a relationship guide on audio tape.

3 ½ out of 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
    Overall I’m giving this album a 3 ½ out of 5 stars for the fact that Ghost goes in on this but some of the singers are a letdown especially the likes of Shareefa, she should have been replaced but no argument really too much here.
    Can definitely agree with that. I don't want wanna knock it too hard for it but you're right. Someone like Alicia Keys would have been dope on a track like "Paragraphs of Love" or something.

"We don't need no diamond rings
    All we need is a drum like
    Fuck it, he can rhyme, I'll sing"

there is some sick ghost on this disc. stapleton, etc...

give a dog a bone

man this a sick ass album , shows hes talent, creativity and genius in rap, i hope he comes out wit more albums like this you know grown man shit haha
    WE ARE DISCUSSING THE END OF THE WORLD-OR HOW TO DELAY IT.

"Do Over", "Baby", "Stapelton Sex", "Stay", "Guest House", "Forever" is the hot shit on the disc. "Paragraphs of Love" and "Lonely" is pretty good too but nothing spectacular. rest is average.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

2.5/5 - most boring Ghost LP thus far. 1, 2 type of these songs on an album is nice, but the whole fuckin' LP? WTF!?!?

If any emcee can pull off a R&B album, its Ghost. This is probably his worst album in my opinion, but still a great record. What’s up with U-God & Ghost ending good albums on bad notes. The last four songs shouldn’t have made the cut.

Top 5: Do Over, Lonely, Stapleton Sex, Guest House, Forever

Grade: 3.5/5

“This ain’t r&b dick, this hood!”

nada ignorante

The algum is a great listen. Especially with the ladies, still not as good as BDR.

Fresh 2 Deff

Wizard of Poetry is dope hands down !
    when ghost shows himself from this side im just amazed. Like some of the other posters said' he really came thru with this shit, Ghost is smooth as fuck and it was well recieved .. i still bump WOP on the regular..
    solid album with solid production : 3½ - 5

{>____<}

I just listened to WOP. I have to say that it's pretty smooth. I was surprised that this album is as good as it is. Good job, Ghost.

1.) Not your average girl 5/5

2.) Do Over 5/5

3.) Baby 5/5

4.) Lonely 4.5/5

5.) Stapleton Sex 3/5

6.) Stay 3.5/5

7.) Paragraphs of Love 4/5

8.) Guest House 3.5/5

9.) Let's stop playing 4/5

10.) Forever 5/5

11.) I'll be that 4/5

12.) Goner 3/5

Overall rating: 4/5
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 12-15-2009 at 04:07 PM.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Anyone listening to this on a regular basis?

Nah did at one point but not anymore still a good album though real emotion put in there deffo

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I just listened to WOP. I have to say that it's pretty smooth. I was surprised that this album is as good as it is. Good job, Ghost.

1.) Not your average girl 5/5

2.) Do Over 5/5

3.) Baby 5/5

4.) Lonely 4.5/5

5.) Stapleton Sex 3/5

6.) Stay 3.5/5

7.) Paragraphs of Love 4/5

8.) Guest House 3.5/5

9.) Let's stop playing 4/5

10.) Forever 5/5

11.) I'll be that 4/5

12.) Goner 3/5

Overall rating: 4/5
    come on now man.. i really don't feel a single joint on here deserved a 5/5 rating, i'd throw "Guest House" and "Do Over" 9/10 prolly tho. album srsly lacks replay value.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

LOL I just copped this album today, I'm feeling the album growth from My nigga Ghostface, he is mastering all chambers right now, I'm feelin the tracks I've heard so far...niggaz who hating on this shit must 1) Not really have an ear for R&B which I can understand or 2) Don't get no type of pussy I believe it's number 2 for most niggaz in here. Lyrics are on point on this album, I'll drop a review after a 2 good weeks.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.