Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface wins lawsuit over wu-tang productions!!!!

Default Ghostface wins lawsuit over wu-tang productions!!!!

Rapper Ghostface Killah recently reached a settlement with Wu-Tang Clan Productions and Robert “RZA” Diggs in regards to unpaid royalties.

According to a motion filed on August 24, Hon. Judge Richard Lowe III ordered Wu-Tang Clan Productions d/b/a as Wu-Tang Publishing to pay Ghost, born Dennis Coles, $158,255.18, with costs.

The original lawsuit dates back to 2005, when Ghostface sued Wu-Tang Productions over publishing royalties Ghostface claimed he should have earned on early albums released by the Wu-Tang Clan.

The judgment is the latest chapter in a battle between several Wu-Tang Clan members and the RZA, who has been accused by group members of keeping their share of royalties from albums sold.

"In support of his alleged right to a 50% producer’s fee, Diggs testified that he created the musical beats for the songs,” a portion of the lawsuit reads. “Because of this, defendants alleged Diggs was entitled to 50% of revenue separate and apart from the 50% received by the lyric writers. This was the proper distribution argued by defendants rather than a proportional share to be divided among all of the creators as urged by plaintiff. Diggs did not dispute plaintiffs assertions that he received the improper fee, rather he provided testimony in support of his receipt of the fee. Furthermore, he proffered expert testimony to support his receipt of the 50% producer’s fee."

Ghostface, Raekwon and The RZA addressed the issue in published interviews. "Don't play with a grown man's pockets," Raekwon told MTV.com of the issue last year. "Don't ever let a n***as feel like you stealing from him…because we was the n***as that would've did anything for you, jump in front of a bullet for you."

RZA also shed light on the lawsuit with Ghostface in a January 2009 interview with Wildstylemag.com.

“They took all these times that I got 50 percent, added them up and said I owed them about 300-400 grand,” RZA explained. “How the f**k can that be Ghost?! Every time you put an album out with any producer you do the same thing. Now you are going to change it on me? Not only did I make the beat, I probably gave you some of your lyrics and sat in that f**ing studio for months!”

In January of 2008, U-God also sued RZA and Wu Music Group, seeking $170,000 in unpaid royalties.

RZA’s attorney Anthony Motta refused to comment on the matter, while Ghostface’s lawyers Cinque & Cinque were not available for comment.

All Wu-Tang Clan members have stated that they continue to remain loyal to the Wu brand, despite business turmoil.

Wu-Tang group members Raekwon’s recent hit album Only Built For Cuban Linx II features the entire Wu-Tang Clan, including Ghostface and The RZA.

In related news, Ghostface is preparing to release his latest album The Wizard of Poetry on September 29.
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

damn $158,255 that nigga eatin good tonight

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Ive read it i cant understand still what the basis of the lawsuit was, whats RZA getting 50% because hes the producer got to do with Ghost?

Banned

hardest $158k ghost ever made. now he has to put up with all the wu stans knowing his address.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    hardest $158k ghost ever made. now he has to put up with all the wu stans knowing his address.
    nice place!

LOL that's the averagest house since redman.

having a nice house on staten island is like being the best MC on sound theory

Veteran Member

well what can i say? Pure human nature
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    Ive read it i cant understand still what the basis of the lawsuit was, whats RZA getting 50% because hes the producer got to do with Ghost?

The same here !! But if you see the money flowing in this business and consider how much the clan sold, 158k isn't that much. It is even very very low. i wonder me if it was worth going to the court with the family for this amount of money knowing where they were in the beginning and what the wu did for him.

Banned

you don't know what you're talking about kid. staten island has a lot of nice homes. it's mobbed up. paul castelanno lived in shaolin

ummm guessing u never been to si

i bet after lawyer fees ghost barely even made anything
    rza was saying it was costing him $1000 a day to fight this lawsuit
    so damn rza really lost

ghost has been a fucking idiot recently

Banned

you don't know what you're talking about kid. staten island has a lot of nice homes. it's mobbed up. paul castelanno lived in shaolin
    Quote Originally Posted by TGambino View Post
    ummm guessing u never been to si

ghostlacey, would you just admit you don't know anything? you always try to sound gangsta and act like you know america and what's going on, but you were completely off here. just tell us that you are a british faggot and you know nothing about american or the hip-hop culture and we will forgive you. just because you hear wu-tang rapping about how dangerous staten island is, doesn't mean that the entire borough is bad.

Banned

Haha, and the post that followed this confirmed this prediction!

Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.