Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Although I'm not a real Wu-Fan...I regret buying CL2

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    Your still not understanding me. If dudes are waiting for a album to drop by the Wu or a Wu member and expect it to sound like their mid 90's material, your always gonna come up disappointed with that mentality and honestly it's a stupid way to go about things. This album might not be classic material but it is definitely a good album that any real Wu head would enjoy and I've been fucking with the Wu since 93.
    It's your opinion. I don't expect a wu album that sounds like in the 90's, it's impossible. I write lyrics I can't write the same shit I wrote 10 years ago, I have grown and I 've changed a lot. I Just want them to make something I can listen again and again, that's all. I don't like OBCL2, the shit doesn't grow in me and even tracks I like like Gihad or Kiss the ring seriously bore me right now. I am not the dude I used to be in the 90's. In the early 90's I like mainstream shit, but thanks to wu, Mobb, Black Moon, Gangstarr... I changed my mind, now I only like raw shit, strange beats. I just want to hear something that make me go to another dimension, U know what I mean ? I still listen old shit cause it's timeless. I know Rza can do dope shit if he wants, I really appreciate shits like "campfire", "take the sword pt1", "certified samurai", "state of grace", "caught up".... In 90's Rza didn't give a fuck what every body else thought, he just did his shit. Now he wants to know what this stupid gay Tarentino Thinks, what the motherfucker of U2 jhon F thinks, what his hollywood friends think, what the fuck ? When U want to give fans what they think they want, U release sad shits like CL2. When U want to give friends what they want U release wack shit like Digi Snax. The only one wu member who didn't give a fuck what every one else thinks is Ghostface K.....

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Listen you fuckin dweebs, Raekwon is just trying to forge his career in a ridiculously overcrowded highly competitive rap market. I dont think you are understanding how difficult it is to sell 100k these days, especially when no one really gave a fuck about your last 2 albums. A rap career is a very fragile thing, how many have bit the dust from the 90's by now? Prolly 99%. That word "relevent" is hated by most on here, but applies to Wu members more than ever now.

And Idk what you all are expecting RAEKWON, the archetypal "street dude" from the clan, to be rapping about now? This is raekwon idiots, if you want middle eastern mysticism, you have KP. Complaining about Raekwon rapping about street related issues is like getting mad at MJ for still doing moonwalks (if he was alive).

And theres this "oh hes to old for talking about street shit now", excuse me? I think hes at a perfect age to talk about actually, he can elocute and descirbe shit as good as ever, do the Mob ban anyone from over 20 to kill or do shady shit?

Plus Rae doesnt rap like that where hes putting that shit in your face distastefully, like a Jeezy or whoever. He details his shit as is a true writer, abstract too.

Me myself im just happy to have Rae still out there, still making records, stil hearing his verses. The rest of you can go cry to mommy because Raekwon didnt ask you to make his album for him in exactly the way you demanded it (probably wouldve made it like that wack as fuck new Faboulous album, that threadstarter loves so much, SMH)

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    Listen you fuckin dweebs, Raekwon is just trying to forge his career in a ridiculously overcrowded highly competitive rap market. I dont think you are understanding how difficult it is to sell 100k these days, especially when no one really gave a fuck about your last 2 albums. A rap career is a very fragile thing, how many have bit the dust from the 90's by now? Prolly 99%. That word "relevent" is hated by most on here, but applies to Wu members more than ever now.

And Idk what you all are expecting RAEKWON, the archetypal "street dude" from the clan, to be rapping about now? This is raekwon idiots, if you want middle eastern mysticism, you have KP. Complaining about Raekwon rapping about street related issues is like getting mad at MJ for still doing moonwalks (if he was alive).

And theres this "oh hes to old for talking about street shit now", excuse me? I think hes at a perfect age to talk about actually, he can elocute and descirbe shit as good as ever, do the Mob ban anyone from over 20 to kill or do shady shit?

Plus Rae doesnt rap like that where hes putting that shit in your face distastefully, like a Jeezy or whoever. He details his shit as is a true writer, abstract too.

Me myself im just happy to have Rae still out there, still making records, stil hearing his verses. The rest of you can go cry to mommy because Raekwon didnt ask you to make his album for him in exactly the way you demanded it (probably wouldve made it like that wack as fuck new Faboulous album, that threadstarter loves so much, SMH)
    You a funny faggot ! I don't care it's easy or not to sell 100 k, life is a struggle don't U know that ? Why are U crying Rae got stans like u to sell more than 100 k ! He did the albums the way his stans want him to do, this album has no soul... I don't know if he does what he wants to do...

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Im not saying albums close to being a classic, but ill take it. With Wu how it is these days, Ghost going further down the hill to the abyss with each passing album, anything like this is a bonus now.

The difference is im not gonna get suicidal like a few are looking because this album isnt CL1. Im happy with it. Its a good album. As I said, with Wu as it is, its a bonus to me. Like Dopium was.

I totally agree that this album isnt all that. but the reason for that is peoples expectations were unrealistic. wutang isnt capable of releasing the quality of album we want anymore. all in all this album was exactly what i expected it to be, descent. now tell me im not a wutang fan if you want but its the truth, wutang is and prob always will be the greatest hip hop group ever and they still can put out some solid material here and there but fans need to stop trying to relive the glory days.

Steve Urkel

Too many haters on Wu Corp ...

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by Ali View Post
    You wrong Too many "easy lovers" on wu corp.

What I want to say is : I don't expect wu to try to go back to the glory days, they can't. Rae knows OBCL is the peak of his career ! This album is a curse, it killed Rae career before it was even launched. Rae tried to do different things but the curse was above him. Now he tried to go back to its roots making a new OBCL, saying it's a classic, pfff.... I don't expect Ghost to make Ironman 2, like I don't expect Gza to make LS2 they can't. But Ghost is the only wu member who was able to release many solid albums and I am not a Ghost fan ! Ghost got the formula to make living albums and songs full of emotions.

I think they should stay a band making dope shit every year but these stupid dudes want to flood the game ha ha ! The game flooded them and made them go bankruptcy !

If wu won't able to release quality album so they are dead, if they dead I will tell them : RIP niggaz

thats crazy but I respect your opinion homey, give it a few more spins Imsure it'll grow on you, how could you not love "Sonnys Missing" tho, thats some hard ass street shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali View Post
    Less than 10% of the people on Wucorp hate this album. At that number its not that they dont like the album, OB4CL2 doesnt like them.

some people aren't built for cuban linx

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by MANTIS69 View Post
    thats crazy but I respect your opinion homey, give it a few more spins Imsure it'll grow on you, how could you not love "Sonnys Missing" tho, thats some hard ass street shit.
    I am not an easy lover (with music, girls) that's my strongest problem. The only instant classic I heard was OBCL, the shit was just crazy. I am not "hiphopcrite", when I don't love something I tell it. May be sonnys missing is a good song, I don't want good songs I want songs from the 5th dimension u know what I mean ? There many good songs, But songs I like are rare. OBCL was not just an album, it was a concept and incredible strong concept. Maybe my love for the 1st OBCL and my love for the golden era influence the way I judge this shit. I am sure this shit can't grow in me as I said I have deeply changed, now I quicly know what I will love and what I won't.

So 5 people don't like this album, everybody else does. Not a big loss for hip-hop. Let's keep it moving.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

^^ Word up and that girl is still sexy in ur sig.

Dont know people angry at us for not liking the album. most of you hate digi snax
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

This ablum is a banger so far. I love it real dope like I been sayin' can't call it a Classic till time goes by. I think its up to the WU to figure out if they wanna be done or not because they are all still top mc's. They really need to make albums for their fans and not the masses. CL2,Pro Tools,Dopuim etc is for WU fans. thats really what we love about them. EPMD made we Mean Business for the golden era fans. Thats what I love to hear. That new Fat Joe J.O.S.E. 2 sounds so mainsteam. If I didn't know he was from the BX I would think he was from the south. Mack 10 also. Chasing the new money.Listen to samples from those to 90's rappers and listen to what WU puts out then you will like CL2 better. If you just listen old WU albums and compare to new ones it will never stand up to the old ones.
    Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post
    Less than 10% of the people on Wucorp hate this album. At that number its not that they dont like the album, OB4CL2 doesnt like them.

i dont think its a hate..but a dissapointment after years of hype,mixtapes,failed internet concerts,
    below is the linx the fans expected..

state of grace still destroys any track that is on cl2..
    gihad ,new wu, daggers, ason, pyrex,ktr, ar fuckin ill..
    but still.//.