Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Although I'm not a real Wu-Fan...I regret buying CL2

Default Although I'm not a real Wu-Fan...I regret buying CL2

though my purchase ceremony was well worth the money, i seldom find inspiration to put this album on, and as time goes i realize i like Pyrex Vision Catalina and We Will Rob you and that's it. I left it at a friends house, whom also feels its weak, and haven't found the motivation to want to get it back.

i regret buying it.
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 10-01-2009 at 12:51 PM.

ok, well at least you bought it amnd Rae got the support. Im sure you do realize you are one of the few people who dont love this album
    "Borough hopping, copping bricks, bags, burners and kicks City slickers, circling the strip, working them tricks"
    -Rebel INS the GREAT!!!

Veteran Member

Weren't you slobbering over this when it came out? The album is still on constant play, by the way.
    Ghostface on 50 Cent:
    "Yo, this ape needs to stop injecting himself with them stroiods. He's acting up, he better chill out before New York puts his ass on the bench."
    Ghostface on Eminem:
    "That pilgrim needs to back off. He ain't got no street cred, thats my word."

yea i was, then like, a week later it was weak, not lasting value, similar to big dough, and in all honesty i was drooling over the songs i still listen to, Pyrex, We will rob you, and Catalina,

i know im in the minority of ppl that don't like it, but im not trying to convert anyone any which way, i just personally feel the album wasn't good at all.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

i bought it and now im forcing myself to play it to try and get it to grow on me. like i said before about 5 solid songs the rest is average
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

totally agree, only i would but that number at 3-4 now. it reduces with time, i don't get it. you just realize how lackluster this album is. the production seldom surpasses 3 layer tracking or any dynamics, and it proves that CL1's genius is entirely owed to Rza and Ghost, rae seriously fucked up making this album cause in the end he's just been along for the ride and when it comes time to deliver he can't.

and wtf was seriously wrong with deck and mk?
    damn.

Gza was the shit on a side note.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    totally agree, only i would but that number at 3-4 now. it reduces with time, i don't get it. you just realize how lackluster this album is. the production seldom surpasses 3 layer tracking or any dynamics, and it proves that CL1's genius is entirely owed to Rza and Ghost, rae seriously fucked up making this album cause in the end he's just been along for the ride and when it comes time to deliver he can't.

and wtf was seriously wrong with deck and mk?
    damn.

Gza was the shit on a side note.
    co-sign..
    after all the years of hype..
    after all the mixtapes put out..
    after all the tour's promoting an album that came out years later..

...i wonder what happened to that cl2 van that "g" i beleive was driving a couple years ago..

the album is really a mixtape. a bad one.

Steve Urkel

Go kill yourself TSA ....

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    the album is really a mixtape. a bad one.
    yeah thats what im feeling theres no flow.
    Allah is my bitch
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

LOL this nigga is not a even a real fan.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

no im not a fan of the album.
    Allah is my bitch

SHAOLIN STUDENT

To be honest I don't like this shit at all. I Think the shit is mad overrated ! Personally I don't even listen one fucking song of this album no more (But still love "state of grace"). The wu time is definitively over, that's what I think. But I still like "wu-tang chamber music" (but on this shit they try to recreate the 90's wu sound, maybe I am and addict of this sound)... The last fucking wu album I liked a lot is NSD. Bronze is dope too, but don't like everything he does. The hip hop groups I liked were wu-tang clan, Cypress Hill, Naughty by Nature, A Tribe called quest... Strictly old school, timeless shit !

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

this is fucking ridiculous

only 3 or 4 songs? smh.

SMH.

mmh, everyone is coming out of the woodworks saying the exact same thing and im still the target.
    that's fine, but ppl need to acknowledge that my opinion is my opinion and in my opinion is album is a shitty piece of music.

i also feel wu's time is over, ghost should continue though cause he's got it since day 1, the rest of them just like to rap on beats, and now that there's nothing impressive about their rapping except Gza and Rae they're just mediocre in all aspects and in Deck's case full blown wack.