Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: sorry ass browns fan makes petition for owner to sell team

Banned

LOL...this is great

Default sorry ass browns fan makes petition for owner to sell team

Browns, Browns Beat Blog, NFL, Sports Impact »
    Fed-up Cleveland Browns fan starts on-line petition asking owner Randy Lerner to sell team

Browns fans are considered among the NFL's most passionate, but the team’s uninspired 0-3 start after a decade of disappointment is trying their patience, to put it mildly.

Late in the fourth quarter of the Browns’ 34-3 thumping at Baltimore last Sunday, Corey Recko turned off the television and fired up his computer.

"At the two-minute warning," said the 34-year-old Lakewood writer and lifetime Browns fan, "I’d just had it."

Up to here in football frustration, Recko posted an online call for fans to sign a "Randy Lerner Must Sell the Cleveland Browns" petition on gopetition.com.

randy-lerner-eric-mangini.jpgThomas Ondrey, The Plain DealerWith just two winning seasons since 1999 under the ownership of the Lerner family, frustrated fans are asking Randy Lerner, left, here talking to coach Eric Mangini, to sell the team in hopes that a new owner would lead to more success on the field. "The once proud franchise in Cleveland has not been competitive under the ownership of Randolph (Randy) D. Lerner and is killing the strong fan support for the Browns," he wrote.

"Petition: We, the undersigned Cleveland Browns fans, ask Randy Lerner to do what is in the best interest of the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland fans, and the city of Cleveland, and sell the Cleveland Browns. The product on the field is unacceptable."

Within 24 hours, the petition had topped 700 signatures from Browns fans around the country. By early Tuesday evening, there were more than 1,200.

Some added comments, taking aim at the owner’s interest in a successful English pro soccer franchise and what appears to be a hands-off, indifferent approach to the Browns, at least publicly. Lerner took over the team when his father, Al, died in 2002.

"Sell the team to a Clevelander who cares about the fans, and focus on your soccor (sic) team please," one wrote.

"The complete mismanagement of the QB situation is all I needed to see. This is unacceptable from a passionate fan base. Sell our Browns and cheer for your true team Aston Villa," wrote another.

"We need a more involved, football-savvy owner," added another.

Because losing has been a pattern for all but two of the 11 seasons since the Browns returned in ’99, so has posting online petitions, calling for a coaching change.

An online call to "Fire Butch Davis and (then-offensive coordinator) Bruce Arians" in 2003 was followed by two "Fire Butch Davis" petitions in 2004 and a "Fire Romeo Crennel" petition last fall.

This time, frustrated Browns fans are bypassing the head coach, venting about the man who writes the checks.

"You can only change the quarterback and coach so many times," said Scott Bauchmoyer, a fan from Fairview Park who signed the petition. "If this was a company, you’d look to the CEO."

Recko wasn’t sure what he expected his petition to accomplish. He attended the team’s opening loss to Minnesota and has tickets for the Pittsburgh game in December, but may not even bother.

"They’re not even competitive," he said. "These Browns games are unwatchable."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ns_fan_st.html

can't say I blame them. They're horrible this year and have been for a while.

Support the Real. Click HERE

Banned

haha, and those idiots in cleveland thought that bill cowher would coach in cleveland. why would any established coach ever go there?

as a steelers fan, i actually want them to get a little better because its not even a rivalry anymore wit the browns

Banned

the real browns are in Baltimore. Honestly..that is how the Browns played. Hard defense, run the ball etc.

This new 'thing' is not Browns football. We should have the purple jerseys and they should have the original colors.

I love watching these idiots suffer...these morons who still fucking buy season tickets.

Mangini is already under heat. I love it.

I actually enjoy watching the Browns suck.

This sunday will be the first time i miss a Browns game since i started watching them. I've got 36 holes of golf lined up.

Banned

just a couple months ago, you were a huge mangini supporter. the browns take after cleveland's citizens... they are soft. really, who goes golfing instead of watching football. maybe you should join in those gay olympics in 2014

Banned

first of all, if you couldnt understand the sarcasm of those posts....well, i wouldn't really be surprised being that your from Pissburgh.

Its like this....Pissburgh has the Pirates...we have the Browns. Now im guessing you skipped some Pirates games to go play hide the salami with one of your hockey buddies.

I'll be home in time to catch the 4 o clock game and check me fantasy stats.

Banned

this is the first year i haven't been to atleast 4 or 5 pirate games. i only went to the home opener. after 17 years, you just get sick of seeing the owners pocketing money and putting a shit team out on the field. i'll probably do the same next year.

but tooch, look on the bright side of pittsburgh, tonight i will be at mellon arena watching the penguins raise their stanley cup banner. i know you're old, but i don't think you were alive to see a team from cleveland raise a championship banner.

Banned

I remember the Crunch winning alot of indoor soccer championships but i wont act like i watched any of them.

I've seen my Buckeyes upset Murder U...

And LeBron will be raising a banner this year.

So....yea, it aint even nuthin son.

The Browns....i dont expect anything from. havent since they left.

The Tribe.....We need new ownership. EVerything fell apart once Jacobs left. They changed the name of the field...blasphemy.

The Indians just blew it....3 times. Those hurt me the most cuz i love the indians.
    This is the first year in a while haven't been down to a game

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    I've seen my Buckeyes upset Murder U...
    hell yea

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    And LeBron will be raising a banner this year.
    hell no

Banned

hell yes

nope and then lebron is gone. what u gonna do when he leaves?

Banned

what you gonna do when he stays and wins several??

besides be mad and hate cuz he dont play for you??