Page 12 of 321 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Jones in his own words

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    It's really a tragedy nowadays that there's so many garbage rappers right now flooding the rap music scene with their wack ass songs and albums. When are rappers gonna take a stand against their record companies and say i'm tired of doing wack ignorant music? I know that some of these rappers are tired of the record companies telling them that they need to do ignorant gimmicky music to sell records. That's why i like rappers who go against the grain like Goodie Mob, Dead Prez, Brand Nubian, Geto Boys, Paris, Public Enemy, KRS One, Wise Intelligent of Poor Righteous Teachers, Pharoahe Monch, Mos Def, Freddie Foxxx, Kam because they'll let these record companies know that they aren't gonna do garbage music to sell records. I like rappers who have messages in their songs. I like rappers who preach positivity and education. What garbage rappers don't realize is that a lot of black youth look up to them and i think they need to have more message songs for the black youth to let them know that it isn't cool to sell drugs, be a pimp, be a thug, have a bunch of kids at a young age, blacks killing each other, getting locked up. Rappers need to take a stand against these record companies and let them know that they aren't gonna do wack unintelligent music because if they don't, rap music is gonna continue to suck like it has been since 2000. 1998 and 1999 were really the last good years for rap music. Black radio stations are slaves also because the dj's will only play wack rappers songs and they don't play rappers who have skills.
    I agree with what you say but I think what a lot of people tend to forget is that for a lot of these rappers coming up, their way of thinking tends to be "well im from the street, I did a lot of negative shit, who am I to start preaching positivity" They realise that it could be seen as hypocritical or they just want to focus on telling their past experiences (which are negative) or they simply don't carry enough intellegence to bring out positive messages.
    This is when we get into a grey area because for a lot of these rappers while they may have achieved fame and success, they have yet to truly learn't from their mistakes, the fact that they are rappers is what keeps them from doing all the negative shit they did before and in some cases still do which is why we get all these reports of rappers being arrested for this and that.

Not everyone in hip hop can preach positivity unless they feel they have truly learn't from their mistakes and has realised that that way of life is bullshit, only then do I think a rapper could do it.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

'

Rock stars are negative and self destructive at the same time. Actually musicians in almost every genre have had issues with the law, drugs, etc and can also find themselves being slaves to record companies.

But at the current moment, rappers are in the #1 slot

I'm not sure right now, but a cousin of mine is homeless sometimes. He's a drug addict living in Utrecht somewhere. But as we see these people here in holland, alot of them got mental problems. Not all though.

In Tokio they got a group of homeless people too. the difference with these people is that they once had careers, but the bubble economy bombed with them loosing everything. And now the dont even beg, just for the sake of honour. A real shift from the stalking beggers here in the Netherlands.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

i've always wanted to ask a homeless person how they got there but i never have the courage to do it.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Quote Originally Posted by DyNaMiTe View Post
    i've always wanted to ask a homeless person how they got there but i never have the courage to do it.
    make it personal - what set of events or circumstances would have to happen to you in order for you to become homeless?

these 'unlikely' events do occur for some people

a series of mistakes or bad decisions over the course of a few months/years
    a run where you find yourself in the thick of some bad/weird situations that you didnt expect

these things happen
    all the points have been made

Quote Originally Posted by DyNaMiTe View Post

i've spoken to homeless people in L.A. There's many different types and reasons why they are where they are. Here are just a few:

"illegal" immigrants

poor families where the father and main caretaker has been killed or left, absent for some reason, family can no longer afford rent/basic living expenses and end up on the streets

people who havent managed their finances in a way that would anticipate hard times financially. they may have bought a house which on their income they would be able to just barely afford. but it doesnt allow for any savings or any money to fall back on if they have to face some financial emergency. that emergency happens and they loose their house.

people who were able to manage their finances but were sued for everything they had, and didnt have anyone they could fall back on

lots of homeless people managed odd jobs here and there in their past/present, but never really just held anything down permanently

lots of kids are born into homelessness, and its hard to imagine anything else

of course you have the addicts

and of course like i said before, at least here in california when reagan opened up all the asylums, it flooded our streets with mentally unstable people with no family, etc. to fall back on

don't be scared to talk to homeless people. they are people and you're a person too. just treat them with respect like you would any other person. they are not going to start yelling at you for no reason or attack you. and if they do, walk away.

illness can run people broke

social pressures can lead to addiction which can run people broke

some families kick their kids out

some people get swindled into making bad investments

some people get sued
    all the points have been made

and i forgot to mention, children in the foster care system become emancipated at age 18. they are kicked out of their group homes and foster families and are completely independant. life is real and life is hard. where is this person going to live? cost of living especialy in cities is high. rent, food, think of all the things you need to live. a job. none if this is handed to them, they get no help at all. its so easy to just slip through the cracks of this society.

-

Snapple just because i've never been to a strip club doesn't mean i'm gay. I just don't wanna go to one because i'm not paying a woman stripper to see her shake her ass. That's a waste of money.

-

Robbydigital very good point. I agree with that. Rock stars definitely got issues. I think most of them especially the heavy metal singers are on drugs and acid hahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't understand why so many r&b singers have done drugs or died from drugs like David Ruffin of The Temptations, one of the Pointer Sisters just died last year and she was a drug user, Rick James, Marvin Gaye, Frankie Lymon, Smokey Robinson. The list just goes on and on. It's really sad. Paul Williams of The Temptations was a alcoholic and he killed himself.

if women wanna hustle and get their cash and guys are pathetic enough to pay for female contact then its their own fault, as for the women making loot off it, they are just hustlin let them be

the people who go and chill at strip clubs that even pretty ghetto
    the only time it isnt ghetto is if you own the place or are getting free action from the hoes that dance there

as for prostitution, it needs to be regulated so that pimps are put out of business and the women are actually making some decent cash

o.s.
    Last edited by zeppelin2k; 01-14-2007 at 02:57 PM.

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK

'

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I never have understood why men go to strip clubs and pay strippers lots of money just to see a stripper shake her ass and get half naked. Why would men waste money like that? If a man can't get ass for free, then that's too bad but don't be paying a stripper or a prostitute for ass. That's pathetic when you pay for sex. I've never been to a strip club and i've never paid for sex. Women who sell their bodies got issues too because they're just too damn lazy to get a real job. Plus i don't understand why would women let a man pimp them when the pimp is the one who's getting the woman's money. How are women supposed to take care of themselves if the pimp is getting their money? Women who are prostitutes and strippers need to listen to The Whispers Olivia(Lost And Turned Out)song.
    Simple, you're gay
    "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path
    of torment. I know none other as sure..."

'

^haaaaha

Veteran Member

fair enough going to a strip club but fuk jus giving them money while they dancing or paying for a lap dance. and alot of men say why they do it selling themselfs like that but to be honest i bet if you was a woman and you got the chance to make that sorta money for doing it you would

and people that get played by there wife or girlfriend like they ask for some new shoes for sex. fuk that if my girlfriend ever said that id be like you dont buy me any shoes

money isnt easy to come by so why waste it on hoes? fuk that