Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Worldseries YANKESS VS PHILLIES

FRESH FISH

Exclamation 2009 Worldseries YANKESS VS PHILLIES

Worldseries from the baseball gods! Newyork Yankes VS Philadelphia Phillies
    post who you are takin in this.... I gotta go with the defending world champions!

FRESH FISH

I can't belive the lack of hype for this series here.... GhostFace Killah predicted this at the start of the postseason.... Ghost is mad hype for this as Iam also. Jimmy Rollins predicted a Yankess Phillies series in spring traning.

You should have just talked about this in the baseball thread, since they were already discussing it in there. Plus there isn't a whole lot of baseball discussion at this forum, compared to some other sports.

FRESH FISH

I also predicted the Yanks and the Phillies to meet up in the World Series from the start of the season. But i'm gonna roll with the Phillies on this one. I hate the Yanks, lol. They so cocky and after that strikeout to win the ALCS, it just seemed like they was just glad to go to the World Series, especially with A-Rod on the post-interview. @ $200+ mill, all they care about is the money. Philly is more hungry to repeat as champs.

Phillies in 6.

yankees... im hoping

Quote Originally Posted by WallyG View Post
    I also predicted the Yanks and the Phillies to meet up in the World Series from the start of the season. But i'm gonna roll with the Phillies on this one. I hate the Yanks, lol. They so cocky and after that strikeout to win the ALCS, it just seemed like they was just glad to go to the World Series, especially with A-Rod on the post-interview. @ $200+ mill, all they care about is the money. Philly is more hungry to repeat as champs.

Phillies in 6.
    Why did you post the exact same thing in two different threads? lol

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Phillies in 6.

Altho if NY wins I wouldent care as Phili won last year, and I think the Yanks deserve the title this year.

FRESH FISH

Lets go phillies!!!!!

Veteran Member

Phillies have a good blue collar team thats hungry no doubt. THey play their hearts out in every game. Its going to be a true battle against two very good teams. Im thinking the way the Yankees have been meshing and swinging the bats i see them going to six games and de-throning the Pills. Sabathia is in the zone now and is probably pitching the best baseball now of his career. Yanks are going to run into trouble with Cliff Lee for sure. The key is to get to him and early and they will have a great chance of taking the series. Either way, just glad Red Sox aren't in it this year. Yes folks, Yanks in six.

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Why did you post the exact same thing in two different threads? lol
    Because you just said its better to talk about it in the Baseball Thread, which I didn't really know it exsisted until I really paid attention to the sticky!

Yankees in 5

Although i hate both teams!

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

like my man 11th Chamber, i'm takin Phillies in 6...

briefly, here's how i look at each team:

Offense
    Both teams have extremely strong lineups with sick depth, the Phils depending on at least 4 AWESOME hitters (Utley, Howard, Ibanez, Werth) and 4 more solid to good, while the Yanks had almost 30 homeruns and 97 walks homers from their #8 hitter which is insane...even tho Swisher has been shakey in the playoffs...
    The edge probably goes to the Yankees as almost every player is dangerous and their best are as good or better as the Phillies' best..but I can see some Yankee hitters wilting under the spotlight and pressure..Phils been there and are ready to just go mash
    edge: Yankees

Rotation
    REALLY closely matched...Sabathia and Lee are gonna battle possibly 3 times depending on how their used and their both former Cy Young winners (the last 2 AL winners) who can fuckin dominate at times..They've especially shown that this postseason.. For me, between them it's a draw

As for the rest of the pitching staff, Pedro is gonna face his archnemesis and usually brings it in the postseason...He doesn't have ridiculous stuff anymore but he's been gettin by with what he's got lately and using the Art of Pitching...I'll take Pedro over AJ Burnett who throws a sick curve and extremely hard but doesn't always know where it's going...Pettite vs Hamels is close because Hamels has been shakey for a while and Pettite can be dominant at times, especially so far in the playoffs..Maybe Hamels will show up with the same stuff he showed last year to be World Series MVP
    Edge: Phillies

Bullpen
    Yankees have a pretty big advantage here, biggest advantage in the series cuz Mariano Rivera is possibly the best player in the whole series, he's INSANE and untouchable at times...Behind him Phil Hughes and Dave Robertson can both strike out a ton of guys while for the Phils their closer is implodable and the other guys are okay with Ryan Madson probably being the most reliable...That'll be tough in close games against an awesome lineup.... But the Yanks' advantage here is lessened by the fact that their manager is an idiot and just makes moves for the sake of making moves and putting his own personal stamp on the game: he's growing a reputation for wasting his pitchers or not using them in the right time..still:
    Edge: Yankees

But as i said, Girardi is a hyperactive micro-manager who does way too much stupid shit which serves to be a detriment to his INSANE baseball team..He's gotta just let them go out and play and not interfere so much..Charlie Manuel is the complete opposite, he even speaks really slow and his team plays pretty goddamn good for him...He represents a glaring advantge in the Manager department
    Edge: Phillies

phillies 4-2

^^eww, buying tickets would be cheaper.

last nights game is another reason why they need to get instant replay in baseball.
    Christianity = White Supremacy