Thread: Spirituality, Mysticism, and Personal Experience in Relation to Psychedelics

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

yo i just finished reading Strassman's DMT book as well. the DMT discussion is a mind-blowing one...just the fact that pretty much all conscious beings in creation naturally secrete this psychoactive chemical is enough to force you to reconceptualize the whole framework of life as we know it. as Strassman himself speculates, why is a chemical as psychadelic as dimethyltriptamine so important to human life that our brains produce it on a regular basis? how does DMT contribute to our survival? Terrence McKenna posits that psychadelics played a large role in man's evolution as a species, an idea which I believe perhaps can be tied in with the DMT question.

however you look at it, it's obvious to me that the relationship that humans have developed with psychadelics or entheogens have several meaningful and unaccidential implications. i've tripped six times on shrooms and done salvia a couple of times, i've got lots of psychadelic experiences still in front of me...these plants allow us to vibrate at different frequences, like changing channels on a TV. our operating system is altered to accomodate a more holistic view.

i think that these plants figure heavily into any spiritual discussion in that they show us different frontiers of consciousness hitherto unperceived on the gross planes of day-to-day reality.
    i had some of the most beautiful experiences of my life on shrooms, though i had a bad trip the last time i took them a couple months ago, mainly because i wasn't in the right state-of-mind nor in a place i was comfortable with, and plus i took way too much seeing that it had been a year since i had last taken some. but as McKenna says bad trips are just a part of the psychadelic experience...
    Last edited by ballistic; 11-11-2009 at 01:38 AM.
    "all your San Franciscos will eventually fall and burn again..." -Jack Kerouac-