Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Spirituality, Mysticism, and Personal Experience in Relation to Psychedelics

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

yo i just finished reading Strassman's DMT book as well. the DMT discussion is a mind-blowing one...just the fact that pretty much all conscious beings in creation naturally secrete this psychoactive chemical is enough to force you to reconceptualize the whole framework of life as we know it. as Strassman himself speculates, why is a chemical as psychadelic as dimethyltriptamine so important to human life that our brains produce it on a regular basis? how does DMT contribute to our survival? Terrence McKenna posits that psychadelics played a large role in man's evolution as a species, an idea which I believe perhaps can be tied in with the DMT question.

however you look at it, it's obvious to me that the relationship that humans have developed with psychadelics or entheogens have several meaningful and unaccidential implications. i've tripped six times on shrooms and done salvia a couple of times, i've got lots of psychadelic experiences still in front of me...these plants allow us to vibrate at different frequences, like changing channels on a TV. our operating system is altered to accomodate a more holistic view.

i think that these plants figure heavily into any spiritual discussion in that they show us different frontiers of consciousness hitherto unperceived on the gross planes of day-to-day reality.
    i had some of the most beautiful experiences of my life on shrooms, though i had a bad trip the last time i took them a couple months ago, mainly because i wasn't in the right state-of-mind nor in a place i was comfortable with, and plus i took way too much seeing that it had been a year since i had last taken some. but as McKenna says bad trips are just a part of the psychadelic experience...
    Last edited by ballistic; 11-11-2009 at 01:38 AM.
    "all your San Franciscos will eventually fall and burn again..." -Jack Kerouac-

just a suggestion ballistic.

divide your post up into sections with a simple line of space. you have good stuff to share and a block of text makes it hard to read.

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

my bad, i'm still on the 2003 wu-corp style

Good stuff ballistic.
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ballistic View Post
    yo i just finished reading Strassman's DMT book as well. the DMT discussion is a mind-blowing one...just the fact that pretty much all conscious beings in creation naturally secrete this psychoactive chemical is enough to force you to reconceptualize the whole framework of life as we know it. as Strassman himself speculates, why is a chemical as psychadelic as dimethyltriptamine so important to human life that our brains produce it on a regular basis? how does DMT contribute to our survival? Terrence McKenna posits that psychadelics played a large role in man's evolution as a species, an idea which I believe perhaps can be tied in with the DMT question.

Yeah its a great book. There still needs to be more studies on DMT, but as youll know from reading it, how hard it is to get permission to do them. Strassman though doesnt talk about McKenna like things about conciosness evolution thru physcadelics, because as nice as that theory sounds, its still speculation, and not science.

But some of the stories from Strassmans book are insane, there were problems though, like having to do the studies in a hospital and the setting etc. Wish they did a study like that near me though!!

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

i know man, it shouldn't be so difficult to set up a psychadelic study and do it the right way. what do you think about people's tendency to experience other beings when they were on DMT? i've always compared psychadelics to taxi cabs shuttling people to different planes of consciousness, and that kind of supported my theory...i think that just like strassman was realizing these beings were probably independent of the experiencer's psyche. seems like DMT really catapults you out there. i need to synthesize some from a plant or something..

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Who knows man. The people all seemed pretty clear it WAS real, and not like meeting people in a dream, which is also pretty damn real in itself. What intereste me though was all the seperate experiances often said how the people who they were meeting were there ready and waiting for them, like an introduction to another place, and guiding them. It wasnt just a random meeting like in a dream, the meeting had purpose to induct the person tripping into a new place, and also experiment on them.

It was interesting to me how much the experiances sounded JUST LIKE the Tibeten Buddisht re-incarnation theory, of when you die, you need to be guided thru a mid zone into the next realm. There was always reports of helpers and guiders. And along the way meeting good and bad things. Its just a shame the DMT trip is so short, that they couldnt stay there for any longer. DMT trip is probably so sort because of its extreme power of totally removing your concious from your body.

One of the other most common reports was of feeling like they had died. This is powerful shit. Its amazing to me there arent CONSTANT scientific studies on DMT going on all around the world. It really is the true spirit molecule.

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

exactly, none of it was random at all. those beings were expecting them and when they arrived they're pretty much like, "oh, so you finally made it!" it's interesting too because people have similar experiences when they astral project, meeting spirit guides and all sorts of entities good and bad. i bet mad amounts of DMT are secreted when you astral project, i'd like to see a study on that. it amazes me that more people aren't studying this shit, too...like what the hell! this is one of the keys put out right beneath our noses so we can inch closer to understanding this entire scenario we're in. it's one of the reasons why the pineal gland has been such a subject of veneration...the Vatican pontiff holds a staff with a pinecone on top, Hindus wear the dot on their forehead, even Christ in the Bible references the 3rd eye.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

i had my first real high-dose shroom trip this weekend.

i took 4.8 grams by myself in silent darkness.

it was crazy.

i will elaborate some time.
    We do it for the people.

well me and a group of friends bought a QP of shrooms. it was like 6-7 of us.
    me and my roomate bought an oz of it.

we decided to eat the whole bag. so we ate them like it was a bag of chips, and waited to see what happened.

we were at my parents house in the den. it has a sound and projection system and we were all playing gamecube on it.

then it kicked in.

i played this futuristic highspeed motorcycle racing game and was flawless. i was so calm about it. when i started next level i was in the game.

halfway thru i didn't want to play anymore. it was too much work to control my hands. i'd rather play it telepathically. so i sat on the couch to watch other folks play.

my roomate was laughing hard. he asked me if i saw the walls change shape yet. at that moment everything going on around us faded out and it was like he and i were the only people there.
    it was loud in there but we were talking in a low relaxed voice and could hear eacthother clearly.

this one 3-6 mafia song was blasting and the long bassdrop vibrated me into a new dimension. like my spiritual self shook loose from my physical self.

at that point i fazed out of this reality and traveled alone thru what you would stereotypically imagine a shroom trip looked like. weird shit colors organic shapes creatures all morphing into one another.

that went on for days. in this particuilar dimension earthtime is very very slow. so i'd estimate it went on for 45 mins to an hour. basically in a intense colorful cartoon world.

then i heard my roomate call my name and suddenly reality fazed in around me over a 3 second timespan.
    1st the walls, then the people, then the furniture and the various objects. then the room's light level dimmed back to darkness and the screen was once again the only source of light in the room.

me an my boy talked a lil bit about the trip we were having. not really a conversation more like we were vacation sightseeing and just commenting on something that catches your eye.

i remember at one point feeling a bit disgusted at my other friends because they didn't eat a shitload of shrooms and weren't in the same place me an my boy were in.

i drank what seemed like a whole gallon jug of water. it felt like that movie TRON when they found that energy river. but not just my energy surged, the whole room increased in color intensity and brightness with each swallow.

then i sat back closed my eyes and drifted off.

soon i was floating silently in blackness. i felt at peace like in the middle of a good sleep but i was very alert.
    i'd open my eyes and would get a quick glimpse of everyone and everything in the room and then they'd fade out like an after image and it would go black again so i just kept my eyes closed and thought about stuff.

i would think about stuff but there was no video or audio to my thoughts.

i slowly turned to my boy and he looked kinda out of it too.
    he said "man..i can't tell if im dead or alive"
    we both laughed about it for a while.

but then i asked myself if i was alive? or what did being alive mean if i was dead and still able to think? does being alive mean being able to animate a physical shell? was it better to be alive than dead if i can "live" without being alive?

i pondered the many angles of this issue for a long time and decided that living in the physical was good because you can interact with reality on two levels opposed to one if your in ghost mode.

i slowly started to come down off the trip to a coherent physical vibration and soon was back to a "normal" altered state of mind. meaning i was "buzzed" but not "wasted" if you catch my drift.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

thanks for sharing, Crow.

this is my experience as i remember from the night - Saturday night/Sunday morning, when i took 4.8 grams by myself.

first of all, i tripped off the same shrooms a week ago, saturday with 3 friends. but i only took about a half eight (1.7 grams) and it was a recreational trip with friends, music nad all the extra shit

the shrooms were VERY STRONG and we all sat and tripped balls together. my friends went for a walk for about 20 minutes and i stayed in the living room by myslef cause i like trippin gby myself.

we sat and listened to Red Hot Chili Peppers's, "By The Way" album. dope shit.

this past weekend though, i didnt have anything planned, so i decided early in the day to eat the shrooms ive been holding for a while. i had bought a half oz and was holding on to it instead of selling it to other people , as usual.

i went next door and got a $10 bag of chronic for the trip and sat and watched Terrence Mckenna. i had planned to eat the other half of the eigth that i had left over from the last weekend, but while wathching the video decided to do what i always wanted to do,a nd have a high dose trip - 5 grams atleast.

i ate 7 grams in silent darkness before, but the shrooms were really WEAK and the shit was uneventful.

i started at about 2:10,

So i was eating the shrooms (raw with only pepsi and sweet tea. lol thats all we had) and by the time i got done eating 4.5 grams i was already feeling the effects throughout my body, and heavy in my stomach. i was already tripping. and it had been like 15 mins since i started eating them shits. lol. strong ass shit.

i went in the other bag and grabbed a shroom and threw it on the scale. lol. it weiged .3. i needed a .5 gram joint but i didnt go back in the bag cause i was tripping so hard already and had no energy (LOL). so i just ate that shit.

but the time i got done it was 2:30 AM. i was already feeling it LOL. strong ass shit.

then i turned off th youtube video and smoked a bowl of chronic.

i was tripping before i got done smoking. i killed the bowl quickly, put down the pipe and layed back on my bed.

i had the lights off and no music on. the only sound was the buzz from the fan in the bathroom (i live on campus and our bedrooms have small bathrooms in them)

i was feeling it all over my body and felt the negative effects of a psychedelic trip coming on. i was scared, nervous, felt like i took too much, felt like i should put on some music or do something to quell the heavy ass trip that was coming on.

i sat and told my self the strong ass trip was what i wanted.

i layed on my side, fluffed my pillow, and face dthe wall to my right - like i was about to watch a TV show. i distincivly remember thinking these thoughts.

then the trip started.

i had my eyes closed but i remember thinking to my self that it didnt matter if i had my eyes shit or not. i was seeing the same things.

the usual shroom visuals. but faster. much faster.

it looked liek designs on an egyptian, mosaic carpet - the colors were sharp purple, and a dark blue and a faint dark green

crazy.

the visuals kept speeding up (going in circles) as i focused on them and i felt like if i kept looking at it i would voyage off into another dimension, sort of to speak. increasing in speed the more i focused on them. and i felt like the energy was steadily sucking me up. if i kept focusing i would be totally "vacuumed" up and have a out-of-body experience.

i was actually sure of this.

i also kept seeing BRIGHT WHITE LIGHTS IN THE BOTTOM OF MY VISUAL. it was like somebosy was fflashing a pure white flash light at the lower part of the back of my eye lids.

a britght WHITE light in the midst of total darkness and mosaic colours and designs.

amazing.

i knew i should focus on this but i couldnt. i was tripping too hard.

i felt like i was toying with it and kept focusing and then letting when i felt like i was in the brink of getting sucked into it.

the visuals and the feelinfgs were so real that i felt like if i let my self go, i would never come back. so i prevented my mind from doing so.
    (i have been regretting this, ever since.)

i though of Syd Barrett and thought to myself that this was how he went crazy and never came back, for sure - i was convinced.

i felt like i was capable of telepathy. i was sure.

i thought of friends - girls who i had feelings for but never told them and what they would be thinking of me at the moment.

i felt like they were thinking about me at the same exact time.

this happened with thoughts of my parents too.

i comtemplated death. this was what i thought of nad got out of the trip.

i felt like i was experiencing what death is like when our physical dies. i cant really explain this, but if uve had a trip like this im sure u know...

i also felt like i had died for a while, and thinking/realizing this is how it is when we die. (the state of mind and the experience)

i felt like i was looking at the collective consciousness.

then i felt like an entity was mad as fuck with me for toying with the shrooms and having a playful attitude about the trip.

i tried to rely to it that i was sincere and not playin games.

i felt better.

i need to add that throughout the trip, at time i would feel scared as fuck and shit, and then all of the sudden i would feel intense joy, peaece, and love from a female entity. (i had the same experience in my last failed high dose trip.)

At one point, i suddenly becane HIGHLY ATTENTIVE, and at that moment, i felt like an entity communicated with me. it tried to relay to me that it was all powerful and that it was a sort of God. i actually remember being told "IM GOD" in an angry voice. my eyes opened wide and i was in shock.

it relayed how i shouldnt be playing games and i should be ashamed or something for trying to find answers to life and the universe when im not ready and sincere.

i sat for a little bit more.

i felt the warp again trying to pull me up.

i resisted. (ive been regretting ever since)

i got up and grabbed my mp3 player. the trip was getting too powerful for me and i wanted somethign to take my mind off my mind, so to speak LOL

i played some alternative music.

i snapped out of the trip about 15-20 minutes later and sobered up fast as fuck.

i spent the morning smoking the rest of my weed and listening to Jim Morrison's "An American Prayer". that shit is crazy lol

conclusions: what i was/have been looking for was in the warp that was attempting to suck me up and if i let my self go i would have had an out of body experience.

i will attempt this again soon and will submit to the trip completely.
    Last edited by food for thought; 11-20-2009 at 05:06 AM.
    We do it for the people.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

a friend of mine thinks sleep paralysis is nothing more than a failed attempt at astral projection ... you are in that next realm, for whatever reason you are snapped back to reality but your mind is still detached from your physical so you are aware of your surroundings but can't move a muscle ... i put on my tin hat but it does make sense if u believe in that shit

Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    thanks for sharing, Crow.

this is my experience as i remember from the night - Saturday night/Sunday morning, when i took 4.8 grams by myself.

first of all, i tripped off the same shrooms a week ago, saturday with 3 friends. but i only took about a half eight (1.7 grams) and it was a recreational trip with friends, music nad all the extra shit

the shrooms were VERY STRONG and we all sat and tripped balls together. my friends went for a walk for about 20 minutes and i stayed in the living room by myslef cause i like trippin gby myself.

we sat and listened to Red Hot Chili Peppers's, "By The Way" album. dope shit.

this past weekend though, i didnt have anything planned, so i decided early in the day to eat the shrooms ive been holding for a while. i had bought a half oz and was holding on to it instead of selling it to other people , as usual.

i went next door and got a $10 bag of chronic for the trip and sat and watched Terrence Mckenna. i had planned to eat the other half of the eigth that i had left over from the last weekend, but while wathching the video decided to do what i always wanted to do,a nd have a high dose trip - 5 grams atleast.

i ate 7 grams in silent darkness before, but the shrooms were really WEAK and the shit was uneventful.

i started at about 2:10,

So i was eating the shrooms (raw with only pepsi and sweet tea. lol thats all we had) and by the time i got done eating 4.5 grams i was already feeling the effects throughout my body, and heavy in my stomach. i was already tripping. and it had been like 15 mins since i started eating them shits. lol. strong ass shit.

i went in the other bag and grabbed a shroom and threw it on the scale. lol. it weiged .3. i needed a .5 gram joint but i didnt go back in the bag cause i was tripping so hard already and had no energy (LOL). so i just ate that shit.

but the time i got done it was 2:30 AM. i was already feeling it LOL. strong ass shit.

then i turned off th youtube video and smoked a bowl of chronic.

i was tripping before i got done smoking. i killed the bowl quickly, put down the pipe and layed back on my bed.

i had the lights off and no music on. the only sound was the buzz from the fan in the bathroom (i live on campus and our bedrooms have small bathrooms in them)

i was feeling it all over my body and felt the negative effects of a psychedelic trip coming on. i was scared, nervous, felt like i took too much, felt like i should put on some music or do something to quell the heavy ass trip that was coming on.

i sat and told my self the strong ass trip was what i wanted.

i layed on my side, fluffed my pillow, and face dthe wall to my right - like i was about to watch a TV show. i distincivly remember thinking these thoughts.

then the trip started.

i had my eyes closed but i remember thinking to my self that it didnt matter if i had my eyes shit or not. i was seeing the same things.

the usual shroom visuals. but faster. much faster.

it looked liek designs on an egyptian, mosaic carpet - the colors were sharp purple, and a dark blue and a faint dark green

crazy.

the visuals kept speeding up (going in circles) as i focused on them and i felt like if i kept looking at it i would voyage off into another dimension, sort of to speak. increasing in speed the more i focused on them. and i felt like the energy was steadily sucking me up. if i kept focusing i would be totally "vacuumed" up and have a out-of-body experience.

i was actually sure of this.

i also kept seeing BRIGHT WHITE LIGHTS IN THE BOTTOM OF MY VISUAL. it was like somebosy was fflashing a pure white flash light at the lower part of the back of my eye lids.

a britght WHITE light in the midst of total darkness and mosaic colours and designs.

amazing.

i knew i should focus on this but i couldnt. i was tripping too hard.

i felt like i was toying with it and kept focusing and then letting when i felt like i was in the brink of getting sucked into it.

the visuals and the feelinfgs were so real that i felt like if i let my self go, i would never come back. so i prevented my mind from doing so.
    (i have been regretting this, ever since.)

i though of Syd Barrett and thought to myself that this was how he went crazy and never came back, for sure - i was convinced.

i felt like i was capable of telepathy. i was sure.

i thought of friends - girls who i had feelings for but never told them and what they would be thinking of me at the moment.

i felt like they were thinking about me at the same exact time.

this happened with thoughts of my parents too.

i comtemplated death. this was what i thought of nad got out of the trip.

i felt like i was experiencing what death is like when our physical dies. i cant really explain this, but if uve had a trip like this im sure u know...

i also felt like i had died for a while, and thinking/realizing this is how it is when we die. (the state of mind and the experience)

i felt like i was looking at the collective consciousness.

then i felt like an entity was mad as fuck with me for toying with the shrooms and having a playful attitude about the trip.

i tried to rely to it that i was sincere and not playin games.

i felt better.

i need to add that throughout the trip, at time i would feel scared as fuck and shit, and then all of the sudden i would feel intense joy, peaece, and love from a female entity. (i had the same experience in my last failed high dose trip.)

At one point, i suddenly becane HIGHLY ATTENTIVE, and at that moment, i felt like an entity communicated with me. it tried to relay to me that it was all powerful and that it was a sort of God. i actually remember being told "IM GOD" in an angry voice. my eyes opened wide and i was in shock.

it relayed how i shouldnt be playing games and i should be ashamed or something for trying to find answers to life and the universe when im not ready and sincere.

i sat for a little bit more.

i felt the warp again trying to pull me up.

i resisted. (ive been regretting ever since)

i got up and grabbed my mp3 player. the trip was getting too powerful for me and i wanted somethign to take my mind off my mind, so to speak LOL

i played some alternative music.

i snapped out of the trip about 15-20 minutes later and sobered up fast as fuck.

i spent the morning smoking the rest of my weed and listening to Jim Morrison's "An American Prayer". that shit is crazy lol

conclusions: what i was/have been looking for was in the warp that was attempting to suck me up and if i let my self go i would have had an out of body experience.

i will attempt this again soon and will submit to the trip completely.
    damn son. way to break that shit down.

Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    What time was that at/how long did the intense portion last?

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

hell yeah powerful trips...thanks for posting those yall

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

I've took a lot of "entheogens" when I was younger.

I would never devalue the aspects of certain medicines- when used under the proper guidance.

But I will say that some of you need to lay off that shit. Try some real self sacrifice instead of self indulgence.