• mediocre

0 0%
  • wack

3 2.01%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gravediggaz - 6 Feet Deep

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Default Gravediggaz - 6 Feet Deep

1. Just When You Thought It Was Over (Intro)
    2. Constant Elevation
    3. Nowhere To Run, Nowhere To Hide
    4. Defective Trip (trippin)
    5. 2 Cups Of Blood
    6. Blood Brothers
    7. 360 Questions
    8. 1-800 Suicide
    9. Diary Of A Madman
    10. Mommy Whats A Gravedigga
    11. Bang Ya Head
    12. Here Comes The Gravediggaz
    13. Graveyard Chamber
    14. Deathtrip
    15. 6 Feet Deep
    16. Rest In Peace (Outro)

The birth for hip horror horrorcore. One of the great albums. Prince Paul's production is amazing and the late great Too Poetic is on point. One of the sickest albums ever. One song which I find skippable is Deathtrip. However still amazing. Favourite line from the whole album " put a slug in ya mug overdose on a drug wet ya hair stick a knife in the plug or be like Richard Prior set ya balls on fire better yet go hang ya self with a barbed wire" 9.5/10 Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Veteran Member

Default Re: Gravediggaz - 6 Feet Deep

classic album the best tunes on it r diary of madman,suicide,graveyard chamber,here comes the gravediggaz,2 cups of blood,and constant elevation.I've lost count the amount of times i've listened 2 this album classic.

Veteran Member
    Back n Forth Queens and Brooklyn (Brownsville), New York

agreed.^ classic shit. takes me back this album word is bond i remember my moms would trip when i put up the poster because of b.b. frutkwan and the nife lol. THAT REAL NYC HIP HOP

So what's the black man's true religion, who should we follow?
    Use your own intuition, you are tommorrow - Nasir bin Olu Dara

Wu Vatican

Full review coming soon

Dopest album cover out there

Classic album. 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by ol dirty abbot
    ...One song which I find skippable is Deathtrip...
    It's DeathtrAp.

Anyway, album is fucking banging!

Diary Of A Madman, Bang Your Head & Graveyard Chamber are some of the hardest, rawest cuts ever.

It shows RZA in ultimate condition, his tongue comes sharp as a guillotine on this album.

1-666/1-800.

WU-TANG FOREVER STARKS_WALLABEES's Avatar

The year 84, November, day 10
    Overwhelmed by the wicked inspirations of an evil gen
    I realize my ideas has spawned for 400 years
    Of blood sweat and tears
    I saw the tourture, brutal murder of my father
    So my brain became stained with the horror
    I'm having reoccuring nightmares
    Of being soaking wet, strapped down to the electric chair
    I got tackled with handcuffs
    And shackled in restraint
    At the bottom of a holy tabernacle
    They gave me nothing to eat for two weeks
    And sewed my eye lids open so I couldn't sleep
    About to die from thirst, that's when the minister
    quenched my jaws with a cold glass of vinegar
    Upon my wounds they seasoned me with salt
    And nailed my hands feet to the form of the cross
    AHH!! I cry
    As the blood drips inside of my eye
    Refusing to die
    Visions of hell tormented my face
    So I chewed my fucking arm off and made an escape.

One of RZA's best fucking verses of all time , this whole album is fire - go cop
    it if you haven't allready - classic 10/10 imo .

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

4.5mics, Amazing, what production

great, classic, awesome album. not the birth of "horrocore" though, that distinction might go to Esham or whatever

impressive album. one of the most original styles. CLASSIC no doubt...the birth of horrocore beats and lyrics

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

classic shit, as dark and grimey as 36 chambers

i fucking love this album. Rzarectah spits fire on this entire album. HE SPITS HOT FIRE

FRESH FISH

my top 3 album, frukwan, poetic, rza, prince paul together

Wild like rock stars who smash guitars!
    -------
    R.I.P. J Dilla a.k.a. Jay Dee (1974 - 2006)

Wu Vatican

There are tons of words to desribe this album. Crazy, rugged, horrorcore, demented, bloodthirsty and even murderous. Gravediggaz, a group of 2 producers of which are the greatest off all time, RZA and Prince Paul, shadowed by a group of crazy, talented MC's, Poetic and Frukwan, created an album that sounded like no other. At first listen, I thought Poetic and Rzarectah were insane. Not insane as in "insanely good" (even though they were,) but insane as in mentally unstable. You'll never hear beats so rough and rugged as the ones Prince Paul and RZA put on this album. It's a true horror in a good way to listen to this album and only marvel at the great orignality and sound they possess.

Just When You Thought it Was Over-NA-10 second intro

Constant Elevation-5/5- A simple beat, but this is one of my favorite beats ever. A head bobbing piano loop with a simple bassline. Poetic introduces us to a crazy rugged style which cannot become even half duplicated. Him and Frukwan go back and forth with a couple of darts. They have great chemistry, neither have a flaring weakness. This crazy guy called Rzarector comes in and demonstrates a flow and delivery so crazy you wonder if this man is on some sort of drug that has distorted his mind. Man this song is crazy. "Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation."

Nowhere to Run, Nowhere to Hide-5/5-Man this beat is something else. I can't really describe the instruments, but it sounds like a off tuned flute, with a haunting bassline. Trust me, it's production at it's finest. Poetic and Frukwan really shine on here but this song was Rzarectah's all the way. Drops some sick lines. This song is truly incredible.

Defective Trip-5/5-This beat is the hardest, most rugged beat i've ever heard. If you don't nod your head to this beat, something is wrong with your neck plain and simple. Frukwan has the dopest verse here. They'll make you feel disturbed one moment, and laugh at the next. They are gifted MC's no doubt. I love the hook, sampling the group De La Soul, a group polar opposites to this group.

2 Cups of Blood-5/5-This song is short, but it's sicker than aids and cancer put together. You get the most haunting beat yet. I love the lines in this song. "Hocus pocus, yo, whats the focus, weak techniques you speak, this shit is bogus." Great but short song.

Blood Brothers-5/5-Another great song, but this sounds a little more of a "Pick Sickle and Shovel" track. A smooth beat. They all tell stories on what it was like growing up. No one comes off weak, they all came correct on this. Tough to skip this one.

360 Question-NA-I wanna know all 360 questions!

1-800 Suicide-5/5-Yes, this song is as brutual as the title it's given. With a great hook, "Suicide its a suicide, bada ra ra, suicide, it's a suicide." That hook is awesome. What's even better is the great beat Prince Paul laced for this. What's most brutal and grotesque to some, is the lyrics said by Undertaker, Gatekeeper, and the Rzarector. Offensive or not, they create some of the most original verses to their rhymes, all coming off correct. "The trick didn't work, your life was fucked up from the first day of birth, after watching jackie gleason, walk into a precinct, gunned down a captain for no fucking reason, and get some LSD, or a drink from the bar get behind the wheel and crash the car." Grym Reaper, "When you get home just seal up your windows, shut the doors, turn on the oven for about 4 hours, light you a blunt kiss your ass goodbye, you gassed yourself because, it's suicide." Rzarector, "Put a slug in your mug, overdose on a drug, wet your hair stick a knife in the plug, or play like Richard Prior set your balls on fire, better yet, go hang yourself with a barb wire." These are just some of the lines. This is a classic song.

Diary of A Madman-5/5-As if last song couldn't get any worse, now they speak about how devils have taken over them. I must say that this is one of the best beats out there, with the woman singing, it's sampling put to perfection. Wow, everyone is great. Scientific Shabazz was incredible. But, I think Rzarector and Frukwan have absolute stunning verses. This song is unlike anyhing you'll ever hear. It's just crazy.

Mommy, What's A Gravedigga?-5/5-This song is also real short, but the beat is banging. It's a great guitar rhythm, who says guitars don't belong in hip-hop? You gotta love Grym Reaper on this, he is probably one of the most underrated MC's out there, a shame he was taken too early. Banging song.

Bang Your Head-4/5-This song is crazy. Only thing I have against it is I don't like the beat that well. I like how everyone is going crazy though. This is a real good song, but doesn't compare to all the other classics on this CD.

Here Comes the Gravediggaz-5/5-Another incredibly catchy beat. Grym takes this song easily. Fucking insane on the mic. I love the Buffalo Bills reference, that shits crazy.

Graveyard Chamber-5/5-Another hard hitting beat. You don't hear Dreddy Kruger on the mic too often, but he brought it on this one. He was awesome on this one, but to me everyone was great, including the first time we hear Killah Priest. Banging song.

Deathtrap-4/5-Used to not like this song. But I really like the beat. Lot of shit going on, plus Rzarectors verse saves the song.

6 Feet Deep-5/5-This is classic material because of the off tune piano and everyone is higher than shit. The hook is fucking awesome. Great hook to just vibe along with. This ends a classic album.

Yep, this is a classic. I don't care if it didn't leave a "mark" on hip hop, but it's one of the most orignal, craziest pieces or work i've heard. So why the fuck not?

10/10

Cuban Swordsman Shaolin Warrior's Avatar

Word up, deadlymelody. Mindblowing album.