Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe these idiots can give us the reason why most people don't give Wu their due

Default Maybe these idiots can give us the reason why most people don't give Wu their due

so i was on the Wikipedia page for "The Pillage" and i happened upon this page of Wu reviews. I don't know if its already been posted before, but i have no fucking clue what these people were thinking when they wrote this shit. "Beneath the Surface" is the highest rated album on here? "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx" rated the same as "Immobilarity"? "Tical 0" rated higher than both of those Raekwon albums plus "Heavy Mental", "The Last Shall Be First", "No Said Date", "Uncontrolled Substance", "Golden Arms Redemption" and "The W" (which was also rated lower than "Iron Flag")? I liked "8 Diagrams" and all, but it should not have the same rating as "Enter the Wu-Tang", Liquid Swords", or be higher rated than "Wu-Tang Forever" and most of the other albums I listed. I don't know if this is the kind of opinions that most non-Wu fans perceive their music, but this shit is just disappointing.

http://www.warr.org/wutang.html#ThePillage

I just had to look at their hippie banner:

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

some highlights:

lol they rate beneath the surface as the greatest wu record of all time,
    they gave 8D 4/5 but The W 2/5
    They give CL 2/5
    They rate BPW as the 2nd best wu album of all time

lol

Y'all are aware of this thing called an "opinion"?

^^
    word.
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Quote Originally Posted by ۞StarPriest۞ View Post
    Y'all are aware of this thing called an "opinion"?
    There is a difference between having opinion and idiocy IMO

Yea these guys clearly don't have a clue about the music or their impact on hip hop history. You can tell all they did was give a cursory listen and wrote up a quick 3 sentence review. Nobody should take what they say seriously.

Haha Yeah I used to go on that site ALL THE TIME a long time ago, they got maaaaaaaaad lots of reviews for a lot of sixties stuff that I listen to, happened upon the Wu page one time and laughed my ass off!

It's totally obvious that one of them liked maybe one or two of the early Wu albums, decided to delve a little deeper, but didnt like what he was gettin' into. It's funny how as the more and more Wu-fam albums get released, the worse the reviews get!

Peace!

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... (Raekwon: 1995)
    From what I can tell, Raekwon is the group member most focused (lyrically, at any rate) on guns, violence and drug dealing - in other words, he often fits the "gangsta rapper" stereotype. There are even between-song skits of the group members portraying mafiosi, connected to a never-realized film to be called Wu-Gambinos. The RZA produced, arranged, engineered and mixed everything, but he went with a stripped-down, one or two sample-per-song groove that's not nearly as interesting as usual: outside of a couple of brilliant, unsettling tracks ("Rainy Dayz" featuring Blue Raspberry, the closing "Heaven & Hell") this is a run of the mill hip hop record. Raekwon even finds time for some irritatingly stupid sexual ranting ("Ice Water," also featuring Cappadonna). Raekwon gets a lot of help from the rest of the Clan - Ghost Face appears on 12 of the 17 cuts, and everyone turns up on one track or another except ODB and U-God. But they mostly just go along for the ride (Meth's shot on "Wu-Gambinos" is an exception), and the same goes for the guest appearance by Nas on "Verbal Intercourse." As if the album weren't long enough already, the album includes a remix of "Can It Be All So Simple," and the CD-only bonus track is "North Star (Jewels)." (DBW)

It is obvious that the reviewers didn't listen enough hip hop music, during their lifetime, to be credible reviewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post
    I just had to look at their hippie banner:

i found this site a min ago, not sure if it was from a link here tho.
    when i saw this banner i knew it was guna be.... interesting.

the entire site is bullshit imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic Wun View Post
    i found this site a min ago, not sure if it was from a link here tho.
    when i saw this banner i knew it was guna be.... interesting.

the entire site is bullshit imo.
    of course, look at the faces on the banner and you see 2 middle aged men named "wilson" and "alroy". why the fuck would I want their opinion on hip-hop albums that were released 10 years ago?

the most i expect from those people stereotypically is that they somewhat understand the concept of hip-hop and willing to even listen to it. that alone is worth more than any star review they give any hip-hop album.

Im just making generalizations on the banner though...but its fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post
    of course, look at the faces on the banner and you see 2 middle aged men named "wilson" and "alroy". why the fuck would I want their opinion on hip-hop albums that were released 10 years ago?

the most i expect from those people stereotypically is that they somewhat understand the concept of hip-hop and willing to even listen to it. that alone is worth more than any star review they give any hip-hop album.

Im just making generalizations on the banner though...but its fun.
    haha i saw the first line and the logo and shook my head... i didnt read the names lmao

like some dude named Alroy gon' give a hip hop review

man, is it mindblowning that somebody likes albums you dont more then albums you do? i mean you live in a world where everyone around you likes the music you hate, but evrytime someone has a differing opinion on anything wutang you ppl freak.

and you're the worst conformists, you only like wu shit cause other 'wu people' like it, and your often afraid to say you hate something everyone is wudick riding.

like CL2, you all know it blows lol i dont care what you think, that shit sucks hahahaha

mean streets? really? his peers are making Empire state of mind and your making mean streets.

cuban linx 2 aside, empire state of mind is a bitch song that only bitch niggas like.