View Poll Results: WHO TOOK protech's sample and flippd it BEST?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Critikal209

2 20.00%
  • DC eNTEL

8 80.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Critikal209 vs dc entel who rippd protechs sample?

CRITKALSLAPS

ugh protech thats a dope ass jazz band you got going there" im liking that
    see now i can respect that and you now as a musician" sample you did with it is dope too"

funkmaster general pRoTeChTyAnEcK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRITIKAL209 View Post
    ugh protech thats a dope ass jazz band you got going there" im liking that
    see now i can respect that and you now as a musician" sample you did with it is dope too"
    Thanks for the kind words, but if that's how you woulda came out the gate(towards others) instead of preaching to the choir I wouldn't have been so cross and condescending.

You should check 501's "Introduction to the Beat Battle" sticky. That will help you along better to get started.

CRITKALSLAPS

yea i peeped that out already and it says you can make up your own rules so pretty much i wasnt completely in the wrong" but yea its coo you get more attention by coming out with a bang no hard feelings thats just how we do things on the westcoast everything aint all hollywood out here lol "
    but ya keep up the dope shit hope to see you in a battle in the near future

you got to take that intro with a grain of salt mane. I ain't by no means the authority and I don't speak for the way the booth has run for the past however many years, I only been postin here since jan 09, that's why I left a note for the mods to add or remove shit, since they know the rules better than I do.

I just explained the rules how I observed them over the past few months and truth be told, I never heard anything about vsti or live instruments being forbidden. if it's against some unspoken rule then that's how it is, but I think if we're gonna have cats using stuff like that predominately (which I think is good to get some of the stale air out the booth), then that distinction should be made up front.

but from now on if you or your opponent don't set a rule that allows or disallows it, just assume that live instruments and vsti aren't to be used and I'll make a note in the intro thread about that.

peace

Nice beats in this battle guys...

This discussion about sampling vs. original music in production is tired and it's gone down on this forum alone probably a dozen or more times since I started posting here in early 2008.

Originality, creativity and quality in general are obvious when they are present, it's all about the art and if it's genuine it don't matter if it's sampled or all recorded from live instruments. Beats without emcees are just beats anyway, production to me is making an album, blending styles with an emcee/s and creating a musical atmosphere...lot's of cats can compose a dope melody and others are incredible sample diggers, but very few actually make dope music.
    Last edited by Sinapse; 11-11-2009 at 11:09 AM.

here we go again lol

vote DC

Quote Originally Posted by Sinapse View Post
    Originality, creativity and quality in general are obvious when they are present, it's all about the art and if it's genuine it don't matter if it's sampled or all recorded from live instruments.

agreed.

DrunkenMasta303

Critikal209's beat was more creative...but its way too clean & polished 4my taste ("ooohbaby i like it rawww")

DC Entel gets my vote

Good battle. I vote DC Entel. Joint was real refreshing. Very smooth, and I was feeling those drums.

Critikal came nice... He used an outside element other than the sample given ... usually gets you dq'd but being new, you probably dint know the deal.

Peace

CRITKALSLAPS

fa sho i can respect that didnt know that of course or i wouldnt have used anything else but drums "
    good look and good victory dc ENTEL I'll Accept defreat but next time ima follow the rules "

my shit was still slappn tho i sold that beat so its all good ha
    stay up ya'll next battle with poisen we'll see whats good so we cant add a bass line either or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinapse View Post
    Nice beats in this battle guys...

This discussion about sampling vs. original music in production is tired and it's gone down on this forum alone probably a dozen or more times since I started posting here in early 2008.

Originality, creativity and quality in general are obvious when they are present, it's all about the art and if it's genuine it don't matter if it's sampled or all recorded from live instruments. Beats without emcees are just beats anyway, production to me is making an album, blending styles with an emcee/s and creating a musical atmosphere...lot's of cats can compose a dope melody and others are incredible sample diggers, but very few actually make dope music.
    sin is 5%..im convinced

good battle

dc entel

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!