View Poll Results: Who is the NFL's G.O.A.T. Halfback?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terrell Davis

1 4.35%
  • Earl Campbell

3 13.04%
  • Eric Dickerson

0 0%
  • Walter Payton

4 17.39%
  • Barry Sanders

8 34.78%
  • Emmitt Smith

2 8.70%
  • O.J. Simpson

1 4.35%
  • Jim Brown

4 17.39%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NFL Poll - Greatest Running Back of All Time

its a tie between Brown, sanders and walter, but lets not leave emmit out of the talk of g.o.a.t

and I would put marshall faulk, thurman thomas, marcus allen and toney dorsett on the list before davis (am not saying he was not good, but they had better careers)

if it was not for injuries gale sayers would be the greatest of all time

maybe one day A.P can be in this conversation

I think this picture is perfect since it shows his lineman on the ground not blocking...LOL

Doesn't matter though he was the MAN even w/o a line.
    Last edited by Compulsion; 11-13-2009 at 05:04 AM.

Ok we are all mentioning other could of should of would of players. If Barry had a goof O line. If gale Sayers didn't have injuries. Don't u guys realize TD had the shortest career of them all and the most accomplishements. What if HE never injured his knees he would stil be playing. Did any other one of those players win Super bowl MVP along with their 2000+ yard seasons, nobody answered or argued because he is the only one. What if that knee held up?
    Break fast is served

listen no one is saying he was not good, but you can't say he is the greatest, because he only played 3 years. that is why i did not put gale with the people I felt should be on the list, because he only played three years

trust me if any one of those two would not have had their career shortened their names would always be among the top

Quote Originally Posted by V4D3R View Post
    Ok we are all mentioning other could of should of would of players. If Barry had a goof O line. If gale Sayers didn't have injuries. Don't u guys realize TD had the shortest career of them all and the most accomplishements. What if HE never injured his knees he would stil be playing. Did any other one of those players win Super bowl MVP along with their 2000+ yard seasons, nobody answered or argued because he is the only one. What if that knee held up?
    one man alone doesn't get the playoffs, superbowl etc. We're talking about a single position.

Think about it another way.

Jerry Rice
    Joe Montana
    Lawrence Taylor
    Reggie White
    Dion Sanders
    Bruce Smith
    Emmitt Smith
    Barry Sanders
    Walter Payton

how many times where these guys on the Hall of Fame ballot before they got inducted?
    Last edited by Visionz; 11-13-2009 at 06:20 AM.

Support the Real. Click HERE

lol @ Ghostlaced pickin Reggie Bush! He's the 3rd string RB on his team! Tough question here.

Greatest career = Walter Payton

Greatest that never got the chance to prove it = Bo Jackson

Current RB's that could end up in this conversation = Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson

Barry Sanders was also incredible.
    Last edited by Come Honor Face; 11-13-2009 at 06:22 AM.

Banned

this dude said chris johnson...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    this dude said chris johnson...LOL
    You're right, I mean it's not like he's gonna set the NFL record for most 50+yard runs in season, and has the highest yards per carry for a NFL rushing leader after 8 games since the NFL/AFL merger. Oh wait..........

Remember your quote above 5 years from now Nicky. I did say "could end up in this conversation" Care to explain your opinion of Johnson, or were you just being an asshole cuz you're a Browns fan?

BTW, some nigga said Reggie Bush, and you come at me for sayin Chris Johnson "could" be one of the best someday? Chris Johnson is what Reggie Bush was supposed to be, and isn't. Except Johnson is the fastest RB to ever play in the NFL.

Veteran Member

The Difference Between Davis And Some Of The Other Guys Is He Was Hit The Hole And Burst Through It Kinda Runner If You Took Away The Lanes Then He Couldnt Break Off A Run But The Other Great Running Back Where Able To Create Something Out Of Nothing. Dont Get Me Wrong Having The Vision And Burst To Hit The Holes Is Probably One Of The Most Important Things A Running Back Can Do The Others Could Do That And More.

I Always Looked At Him As A Better Version Of Eddie George And Compare Them Similarly. I Look At Someone Now Like Ryan Grant From Green Bay In That Same Mold.

He Had Big Production And You Cant Take His Super Bowls Away From Him But I Look More At Quaterbacks If You Wante Argue Championships More Then For Rb's.

Hectis Basically Named 3 Of The Guys I Was Thinkin About When I Said That I Could Think Of 3 Rb's Better Easily And He Added More.
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    reggie bush
    Well, here's somebody that never watches football.

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

Jim Brown was the most dominant running back of all time. AND he wuld have been even better if he gave a shit about football. Man amongst boys

And I liked Barry Sanders a whole lot but he certainly wasn't "unstoppable"

It was his big-play ability and occasional long runs that made him great, but most of his carries were 2 or 3 yards.
    --youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

John Riggins.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Embryonic Crusadah View Post
    BTW, some nigga said Reggie Bush, and you come at me for sayin Chris Johnson "could" be one of the best someday? Chris Johnson is what Reggie Bush was supposed to be, and isn't. Except Johnson is the fastest RB to ever play in the NFL.
    i made a comment about Reggie Bush you faggot.

Tedd Ginn might be the fastest reciever ever to play but that dont mean shit.

Johnson is good, but its his second year.

Look when we are talking about ALL TIME GREATS, you have to have some sort of body of work.

How bout them Titans huh? i think they got the same record as the Clowns

Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalAsiaticBlackDan View Post
    Jim Brown was the most dominant running back of all time. AND he wuld have been even better if he gave a shit about football. Man amongst boys

And I liked Barry Sanders a whole lot but he certainly wasn't "unstoppable"

It was his big-play ability and occasional long runs that made him great, but most of his carries were 2 or 3 yards.
    he was a threat to go the distance every time he touched the ball. Him and OJ are the only backs to run for 2000 yards in fourteen games, yes it was a 16 game season but he only had 53 yards the first two games that year. If he would have gained 31 more yards somewhere in that 10 year span he would be there with Jim Brown as the only backs to avg a 100 yards or more a game for a career.

Support the Real. Click HERE