Thread: What's So Special About Jodeci?

-

Default What's So Special About Jodeci?

I've heard some of their songs and i don't like the ones i've heard because they sing too many love songs. Diary Of A Mad Band is the only album of their's i've heard and it was pretty good. I like the clothes and shoes they wore. Their style had a street vibe even though they're from country ass North Carolina LOL. I thought they were from New York. I like their songs Let's Go Through The Motions on Who's The Man soundtrack and Get On Up from the last album. I think if Jodeci would've done more uptempo jams, i would've liked them. I know black women were in love with them. Dalvin used to date T-Boz of r&b group TLC, lucky bastard LOL. I like K-Ci's remake of Bobby Womack's If You Think Your Lonely Now song.

Well, If you werent around when they were out. Or too young, Then you wouldnt get it. Its a sound for nostalgia, Not discovery.

-

I was 15 years old when their first album came out and i wasn't impressed. They can sing but i wasn't feeling their love songs. I don't like a lot of love songs. So that's why i wasn't feeling them. Diary Of A Mad Band is a pretty good album though.

Oh, sorry to misjudge, Well, I dont know then, Maybe your just not feeling them. They sexed up R&B more than most and spawned alot of copy cats. Shai, And H town come to mind as rip offs.

-

LOL@Shai and H-Town hahahahahahahahahahaha. They didn't last long. H-Town's lead singer died. Remember the group Intro? Their lead singer died also of aids. He was bisexual. Silk, Tony Toni Tone, Bell Biv Devoe were the only 90's r&b groups i liked.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

jodeci are just some hood niggaz on r&b songs thats all lolol they got hits for days too

I was never a big Jodeci fan but they were huge back when I was in high school

how do you like TTT but not Jodeci?

they both make love songs?

forever my lady
    come and talk to me
    freakin you
    and my fav
    i believe in love

i got so much booty their music.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Magnum View Post

forever my lady
    come and talk to me
    freakin you
    and my fav
    i believe in love

Word

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Magnum View Post

forever my lady
    come and talk to me
    freakin you
    and my fav
    i believe in love

Word The Fuck Up......Regina Sometimes My Pillow Get So Wet At Night .....lol

Or Phining

-

K-Ci and JoJo got a reality show coming on TV One network soon. They said they were alcoholics back in the day and that almost killed their career.

PRODIGAL SUN

jodeci made it ok for man to check for r'n'b again wit that 'diary of a madband' album after that 80's quiet storm, bougie, soft type of eccentric clothing vibe from 80's r'n'b i couldn't relate to when i was coming up in the 80's, jodeci made it ok to say, "yeah i listen to certain r'n'b tunes'", ha ha, you see what i'm saying, nowerdays it nuthin, heads need to thank jodeci for that shit, ha ha, some of these r'n'b acts need to cut em a check or sumthin, ha ha, crazy, big up jodeci, salute, ha ha
    "get money by all means necessary"

-

I'm not a fan of Jodeci but i like the baggy clothes and boots they wore. Diary Of A Mad Band album cover is nice. I like the clothes they're wearing on that album cover.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I'm not a fan of Jodeci but i like the baggy clothes and boots they wore. Diary Of A Mad Band album cover is nice. I like the clothes they're wearing on that album cover.
    ha ha, your a joker fam, thats jokes, you seriously ain't checking for there music, i mean its all about there second album to me, k-ci had that old school, 60's, 70's soul type of singing, raw and not soft, he didn't sound soft and they sang over gutta, downtempo and uptempo soulful r n b & hip hop sictrumentals, you get what i'm saying

and yeah your right, they had that hood type swag to there garms(clothes), that regular style brothers was buzing back then in the early 90's, no question, that helped to give em a chance in the walkman, you get what i'm saying, ha ha, thats how it was back then
    "get money by all means necessary"

-

I was watching their Let's Go Through The Motions video from Who's The Man soundtrack last weekend on Youtube. I hadn't seen that video in a long time. That's a tight song.