Thread: Slaughterhouse review

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Default Slaughterhouse review

From the jump you get that slaughterhouse which consists of Joe Budden, Crooked I, Royce Da 5’9” and Joell Ortiz mean business. Before they dropped the album all the internet cuts or pre-releases like “Fight Club”, Joell’s “Move On” Remix, the track called “Slaughterhouse” off of Joe Budden’s Padded Room which sparked the whole thing all bang as hard as the album does. Which I’m glad at least one super group has somehow managed to live up to expectations unlike 90’s “The Firm” and The “Horsemen” hadn’t really done much since either had live up to the potential they had due to various reasons. On the other hand Slaughterhouse has crushed everything they’ve done as collective or as solo artists.

As you delve into the album you feel their presence on songs like “Sound Off”, “Lyrical Murderers”, “Microphone” and other tracks. While the track I just mentioned showed off the lyrical portion of the LP it’s hard not to say they have songs for everyone from the semi-rock anti-radio sounding anthem with “The One” to unconventional “Cuckoo” to the tear jerking “Rain drops” and the emcee tearing “Not Tonight”. With all the skits, the songs and all the concepts the album is cohesive and sounds very alike even with allot of producers like The Streetrunners, The Alchemist, Mr. Porter and DJ Khalil all provided dope backdrops and help finish the pictures these artist were painting.

For this listener I felt this album works if the listener is engaged to the sounds and the style because to be honest outside of the single “The One” the accessibility of this album for some will seem like they hating on the game or come off too hard. Rather it’s not the case it’s just this is the basic 90’s esq hardcore hip hop album. Overall this album is going to be a 4.5 out of 5 just on the simple fact if you don’t like this type of hip hop you ain’t going to like naan one of these emcees.

This shit is so overhyped - why !!!??? WTF you talking about, Royce solo song "Boom" produced by Primo will shit on any and all SH songs to be recorded just by itself, Boom is a real classic. You MF's dont know what classic REALLY is, "OMG SH album is classic and there icons"...stfu. I heard this LP, i give it 3/5. Average. Heavy Mental is classic, and this SH shit aint even close to that 12 year old solo Priest LP in terms of lyrics or beats.
    Last edited by BlackSmith; 11-15-2009 at 04:33 AM.

The Collective Alliance LP - featuring Raekwon, Inspectah Deck, Bronze Nazareth, M-Eighty, Wizemen, Canibus, C Rayz Walz, Kas Solo, Domingo, BLACKSMITH and other MCs and Producers from around the world. Coming Soon !

True the album is over hyped. But for 2 reasons...'crooked i' and the track 'pray (It's a shame' Its worth a listen!
    Injected with the Devil's english/ I extinguish
    and approach all hominyms/ shit in your brain
    Wipe my ass with the phenonmenyms

-

I didn't like this album because of the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.