10. Boom Bap
    11. Reality Is
    12. Contagious
    13. Supreme Squad
    14. God's Gift
    15. Get Away
    16. 2 For The Money
    17. Pain

Last edited by claaa7; 11-19-2009 at 06:03 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

listening to the album right now, OC & AG put up the whole album for stream on their myspace. you can check it out here, sounding good so far. vintage DITC sound

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

dope fucking album, OC is straight up killing the whole album, still one of the illest ever and AG got lyrics and punches for days, although his flow becomes a little too monotone sometimes.

E-Blaze, who produces half the album, really did a good job here - without a doubt a producer to look out for in the near future, beats like "Think About It", "Put It In The Box", "Pain" and "Every Day Life" really does it imo. Statik Selektah's beat for the opening track blow my mind everytime too, great opener and Lord Finesse's "Give It Back" and especially "Alpha Males" got a real nice sound to 'em.

My biggest problem here is Showbiz productions, generally one of my favorite producers and even in the last few years he delivered some real good product but here he comes off sounding boring and uninspired, except for "2 For The Money" i wasn't really feeling any of his contributions. My second complaint is that there shouldn't be more than a maximum of 1 solo tracks each here.

Still in all, this is a good album on first listen and i won't revisit it again until i got the CD in my hands since the streming quality is quite bad and this will obviously sound a whole lot better on CD and even mp3.

Dope, must check their myspace for this, any idea a release date?

^^ yep, Tuesday next week.. pre-ordered it when it was supposed to drop in October but i think this will actually be the final date since it's obviously finished and got an artwork and everything.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

deep cause i think Ag killed it and Show had the best beats on the album - i want to understand what you hearin though - Ag got much better at the craft also

^^ don't get me wrong man, AG is one of my favorite MC's to ever do it and i agree that he's growing for every record he put out. my only complaint is that, in my ears, his voice can get a little bit monotone.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

yo gotta cop this

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

word i love AG and OC is a beast too Starchild is such and underrated album

Got an average review on rapreviews.com, but ther reviewer said he wasnt big on hardcore east coast hip-hop. Still gonna pick this up though.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    Got an average review on rapreviews.com, but ther reviewer said he wasnt big on hardcore east coast hip-hop. Still gonna pick this up though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rap Reviews
    First off, this isn't a review of the entire album of "Oasis," but rather a four-track press advance for the album, which should come out on November 24th. I say "should" because it's original October 27th release date already came and went with no album. Secondly, I'm not familiar with A.G. or O.C., I've never listened to Showbiz and A.G., and I don't own anything by the Digging in the Crates Crew (D.I.T.C.). Not because I have anything against them, understand, but we've just never crossed paths. Finally, I'm not a huge fan of the hardcore East Coast style of rap that O.C. and A.G. specialize in. I respect it, but It's not my thing. My copy of Mobb Deep's "The Infamous" is collecting dust on my shelf, and the few spins I've given the new Cormega is enough to convince me that while I admire the man, I'm not a fan.

The lyrics on "Oasis" sum up what I don't like this kind of rap.
    They are all about how hard the MCs are, how much money they have, how much pussy they get, and how they will funk up your effeminate f*ggot ass. It's all presented as bluntly as possible, like a hammer to the skull[/B].
    Is this some kind of joke?

lol that review can't be serious, has even listened to the lyrics on this?? get the fuck outta here, it's not at all about those things. listen to "God's Gift", "Get Back", "Everyday Life", "Pain" for example. i bet that it's not a real review + why would they have someone who's not even into this type of music write the review. doesn't make sense. HipHopDX.com gave it a 4/5 rating.

lol i had to write Steve Flash Juon an angry e-mail over this, i don't got a problem with someone saying the album is shit and that O & A has fallen off is that their opinion. but he can't have someone who doesn't even understand and never appreciated their music or even their genre for that matter do the review and throw out a bunch of lies. just really bad press for OC & AG, i bet there's a few people that really trust rapreviews with their press and this is not a bad look.

-

I'll check out this album. I like OC and AG. Claaa7, is AG's solo albums any good? I haven't heard them.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    lol i had to write Steve Flash Juon an angry e-mail over this, i don't got a problem with someone saying the album is shit and that O & A has fallen off is that their opinion. but he can't have someone who doesn't even understand and never appreciated their music or even their genre for that matter do the review and throw out a bunch of lies. just really bad press for OC & AG, i bet there's a few people that really trust rapreviews with their press and this is not a bad look.
    And look at that - enough people sounded off and the album got re-reviewed by Flash with an 8/10, plus we got an apology.

Shows the people still care.

Not enough to spend money on the music we love,

but they care.