• 3: Good

4 36.36%
  • 2: Boring

1 9.09%
  • 1: Wack

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OC & AG - "Oasis"

"Oasis" really, really grew on me i must admit. i've been banging this front-to-back on an almost daily basis since i received it in the mail on the release date, and it gets better on each spin. definitely got a real DITC vibe to it for the most part and this is actually one of the illest DI albums in this millenium if you ask me. lyrically this shit is fucking impeccable, OC & AG are still two of my favorite MC's of all time and they are two of the very few rappers who haven't fallen off after all these years. They really balances off eachother well, very good chemistry almost in the same vein as Rae and Ghost or Mobb Deep and alot of the topics on here ranges from personal lyrics about suicidal thoughts and deep pain amongst other things as well as classic braggadocio, cash and hoes.

The production is aiming for a '90s vibe filled with obscure samples, heavy drums and tight basslines. Especially Show is going for a very minimalistic old-school sound, bringing back the '80s boom-bap for the new millenium. Ill as hell, the best tracks come from Show ("Two For The Money", "Supreme Squad") and Finesse ("Alpha Males", "Give It Back") but Erick Blaze is definitely standing on his own with joints like "Think About It", "Gods Gift" and "Pain" to mention a few, and every single track on here, while not masterpieces, are definitely good.

My only minor "complaint" is that it would have been great with a few guestspots from the rest of the DI crew on here. Since Lord Finesse made some sort of rapping "comeback" last week when he dropped a verse on Sheek Louch's single, it would have been incredible to hear him rip one or two joints with O & A here. A verse and a beat from Diamond D would also been great since it seems he's outside the inner circle of the group these days (sadly, since he's one of my top-5 producers of all time). Not much to complain about though, i'm happy with the project as it is and hopefully they'll make another collaboration album in the future; i guess this is the closest we ever gonna get to a new Crates LP.

4.25/5

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Fresh 2 Deff

this is a tight ass album nuff said!..
    gets heavy rotation here

I slept on this.

Top 5: Oasis, Against The Wall, Reality Is, Contagious, Pain
    Grade: (4.25/5) A-

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

definately a sick lp

Veteran Member

banger for sure
    The, U. NY Knicks. NY Jets. NY Mets. > Ur teams = The Truth

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    "Oasis" really, really grew on me i must admit. i've been banging this front-to-back on an almost daily basis since i received it in the mail on the release date, and it gets better on each spin. definitely got a real DITC vibe to it for the most part and this is actually one of the illest DI albums in this millenium if you ask me. lyrically this shit is fucking impeccable, OC & AG are still two of my favorite MC's of all time and they are two of the very few rappers who haven't fallen off after all these years. They really balances off eachother well, very good chemistry almost in the same vein as Rae and Ghost or Mobb Deep and alot of the topics on here ranges from personal lyrics about suicidal thoughts and deep pain amongst other things as well as classic braggadocio, cash and hoes.

The production is aiming for a '90s vibe filled with obscure samples, heavy drums and tight basslines. Especially Show is going for a very minimalistic old-school sound, bringing back the '80s boom-bap for the new millenium. Ill as hell, the best tracks come from Show ("Two For The Money", "Supreme Squad") and Finesse ("Alpha Males", "Give It Back") but Erick Blaze is definitely standing on his own with joints like "Think About It", "Gods Gift" and "Pain" to mention a few, and every single track on here, while not masterpieces, are definitely good.

My only minor "complaint" is that it would have been great with a few guestspots from the rest of the DI crew on here. Since Lord Finesse made some sort of rapping "comeback" last week when he dropped a verse on Sheek Louch's single, it would have been incredible to hear him rip one or two joints with O & A here. A verse and a beat from Diamond D would also been great since it seems he's outside the inner circle of the group these days (sadly, since he's one of my top-5 producers of all time). Not much to complain about though, i'm happy with the project as it is and hopefully they'll make another collaboration album in the future; i guess this is the closest we ever gonna get to a new Crates LP.

4.25/5
    I am definitely going to give this another listen and chance, great review claaa7

^ thx fam, i haven't been banging this alot lately but my definite rating would be a solid 4/5. let us know how you felt about the album after you re-visited it Jaz.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Yo that "Get Away" track is my shit..
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.