0 0%
  • 1: Waccadoccious

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fashawn - "Boy Meets World"

Default Fashawn - "Boy Meets World"

01. Intro
    02. Freedom
    03. Hey Young World (ft. Aloe Blacc & Devoya)
    04. Stars
    05. Life As A Shorty (ft. J. Micchel)
    06. The Ecology
    07. Our Way (ft. Evidence)
    08. My Way
    09. Samsonite Man
    10. Father
    11. Sunny CA (ft. Mistah FAB & Co$$)
    12. Bo Jackson (ft. Exile)
    13. Lupita
    14. When She Calls
    15. Boy Meets World

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

whos heard this? I really want to check this out at some point from what I've heard its bangin

^^ same as me, i hard so good reviews that i ordered a copy without even hearing the kid ever. got it a few days ago and it's not really what i expected, there's a few songs that i'm not feeling at all, it got kinda like a mellow backpacker vibe from time to time imo. but the songs that's really good are fucking INSANE, he fits best at harder tracks like "The Introduction", "The Ecology" and "Life As A Shorty". plus he's a real beat with the lyrics and delivery, though he need some hook work. not the masterpiece some hail it as imo but 7.5/10.. feel that it grows some on each listen to, so.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I'd give it a 7/10, so a four i guess from this poll.

It's good, the beats could have been better, but they are still consistently decent.

Lacked standout tracks really, which might be either seen as an indication of a consistently great album or a formulaic one.

It's somewhere in between for me, Fashawn's lyrics gave it decent replay value, but the beats didn't contribute to it's replay ability for mine.

'The Ecology' was the only superb beat on it for me, the rest were all good though.

^^ something like that for me too as far as rating.. definitely grew a little on me too, but i can't agree about the album not having a few standout tracks, i think some of the beats were amazing and some where half-assed.

I haven't listened to it for a while, i'll throw it on, should be interesting to see how it holds up now.

smoked a fat one earlier and listened through it, and i gotta say i was more impressed this go-around. maybe a 4/5 release but it's not seeing Skyzoo's debut this year.

Very good album, a banger for sure, one of my favourites of 2009, dopest tracks are "When She Calls", "The Ecology", "Boy Meets World", "Life As A Shorty" and "Our Way", "Father" and "Why".

7/10
    Last edited by crds; 11-21-2009 at 04:49 PM.

I've been listening to fashawn for a few years but I thought he might just be a rapper who can only do mixtapes. he proved me wrong here. This a good debut album ill give it about 4 outta 5. Consistent the whole way through and no track is bad, but there a couple missteps

this album is good for California. it was solid in my opinion. He had a few bangers on this also, alot of cats slept on it though.

Top 5 album of 2009 for me.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

it is similiar to Illmatic, but not as nearly as good and DEEP.

I hate how people hail 20 year olds if they rhyme better than Kanye and other rap dudes on the scene. C'mon, we aren't that dumb. His last year's mixtape was better tho, IMO.
    bring back begongo!!

best album last year!
    i think it becomes a classic
    tonykipriani.bandcamp.com
    soundcloud.com/tony-kipriani

Suga Duga

4 out of 5.

the album really lacks 2-3 hard tracks for the car. other than that, great piece of work.

Great album, just bumpin it now, id give it an 8/10 so far.

Im loving the laid back beats, Exile is a great producer and Fashawn has a nice flow and actually has a personality which a lot of underground rappers seem to be lacking.