14 28.57%
  • Mediocore

9 18.37%
  • Wack

7 14.29%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raekwon The Chef-The Lex Diamond Story

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonousDarT36 View Post
    lmao @ 0/5 for ice cream 2. agreed that it's average or slightly below average and very disappointing.
    honestly by putting that track on his album Raekwon fucking disrespected every wu-tang fan on the planet. one of the weakest hip-hop tracks i've ever heard; Yes "my chain hang low" by Jibbs ain't even worse.

Trash!!
    "Borough hopping, copping bricks, bags, burners and kicks City slickers, circling the strip, working them tricks"
    -Rebel INS the GREAT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    How the fuck can y'all rate this as a 4/5 or even higher. Lex Diamond Story was a weak effort from Rae both lyrically and on the production tip, it only had 2 real bangers; "Once Upon a Time" and "Smith Bros". Damn I was so dissapointed with this release and Rae used to be my favorite MC in the Clan.

2.Pit Bull Fights - 4/5
    4.King Of Kings - 3/5
    5.Missing Watch - 4/5
    6.All Over Again - 3/5
    7.Clientele Kidd - 3.5/5
    8.Smith Bros - 5/5
    9.Resturant (Skit)
    10.Robbery - 1/5
    12.Pa-Blow Escablow - 3.5/5
    13.Musketeers Of Pig Alley - 3/5
    14.Ice Cream Pt. 2 - 0/5
    15.The Hood - 3/5
    17.Planet Of The Apes - 2/5
    18.Wyld In Da Club - 1/5
    19.Once Upon A Time - 5/5

Overall: 3/5

Lyrically you had issues with Rae on this album? Interesting.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

Quote Originally Posted by hide1998 View Post
    Lyrically you had issues with Rae on this album? Interesting.
    I ain't saying that he was wack lyrically on the album, but compared to Immobilarity (which is one of the lyrically best hip-hop albums i've ever heard - that's almost on Nas level right there) it seems he dumbed down his flow a bit, not as much slang and the rhymes are alot simpler.

Liked this from the moment I first played it, Has some classic tracks on it.
    (Pig alley & missing watch)
    Some Guilty pleasures (All over again)
    But in the overall scheme of wu tang albums its pretty average. Unlike Immobilarity which was sub par.
    "What is the meanin' of crime? is it Criminals Robbin Innocent Muthafuckaz Everytime?"

Was not really feeling it
    BEZ
    Peace To New York

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

1. The Lex Diamond Story (Intro)
    2. Pit Bull Fights
    Great Album opener by the Chef. The beat is real hard and Raekwon is bringing the heat. The Ice Water guess took away the momentum from the track though, he wasn't good enough which is the problem for most of the Ice Water guys on here. 4/5
    3. Hitman's Salary (Skit)
    4. King Of Kings (w/ Havoc)

Nice beat by Havoc on here. Havoc comes hard also so he does his job. Raekwon comes in smooth on here which actually sounds dope on this beat and the lyrics are dope. I like this standout line "Ayo select me Gucci Sneaker recepie, not the S.Carters no disrespect but respect Me, One of the top 5 gangsters alive". That's hot, Rae shows he's never really falling off on a lyrical tip. 4.5/5
    5. Missing Watch (w/ Ghostface Killah)

A funny track, Raekwon loses his watch in the club and they start smacking niggaz up for it. Pretty dope plot. The shining star on here is no other than GFK he just tears it up and I can picture that shit so clearly. The Ice Water guess comes ok but good thing it's cut off at the end.. 4/5
    6. All Over Again

Nice track. Raekwon reminscing about the old days and how they started and how he's gotta keep going at it. Beat is cool too, nothing good or bad about the track. 4/5
    7. Clientele Kid (w/ Fat Joe & Ghostface Killah)

If this was the Orginal beat this would definitely get a 5/5. But the beat they got here really doesn't match up. GFK steals the show again on here "Not even ajax can clean that Jack, we need that maintence man that kill that greasy blood on contact" Hot Shit! Fat Joe comes hard and Raekwon is just a smooth criminal on this one. 4/5
    8. Smith Bros.
    Raekwon bringing it back on here, to the good old days, talking about the grimey days, the beat is kinda hard too. " I battle you you you and ya whole gridlock" Rae need to bring that shit back. 4/5
    9. Restaurant (skit)
    10. Robbery
    Wack. Raekwon isn't even on the track. The beat is wack and Ice Water isn't bringing it hard at all, I thought these guys would be good if they rollin' with Raekwon. ACT shits on these guys. 2/5
    11. Fuck You
    12. Pablow Escablow
    Nice storytelling by Raekwon but this is a wack beat and I really can't sit through all of it. 3.5/5
    13. Musketeers Of Pigs (w/ Masta Killa & Inspectah Deck)
    Nice track featuring Masta and Deck, all three of them come hard and the beat is dope too, I think it's a toss up between Masta Killa and Deck on here. 4.5/5
    14. Ice Cream Pt. 2 (w/ Method Man & Cappadonna)
    This joint right here is wack. At first I was in denial but this joint is wack. Raekwon last line sounds corny " I just might eat it this time!!" and Cappadonna is wack on this joint. Meth is the only one who came correct on here, the beat is wack aswell. Straight disrespect to the original track. 2/5
    15. The Hood (w/ Tiffany Villarreal)
    I'm feeling this shit right here, It's jsut something about it that's dope. Raekown talking about his hood and just spitting. I don't like that Hood/Dooh line though, that was weak. Beat is hot though. 4/5
    16. Wild Chimpanzees (skit)
    17. Planet of the Apes (w/ Sheek Louch & Capone)
    This is defintely one of the top 3 tracks on this album. Everyone comes hard and the beat is real ill, sounds like it's bout to go down somewhere for real. I'm not even in to Capone but he came real hard on here " I gotta play the ghetto everyday the hood endorse me" That's hot. Sheek Louch doesn't disapppoint at all on this joint "Heavy gun play cock back niggaz is rude...... throw the purple tape on for me to get in the mood" Raekwon comes in with his mafia boss flow and ends it nice..A great track for sure. 5/5
    18. Wild in the Club
    I'm feeling this shit for some strange reason, Ice Water actually come ok on this joint. Beat is good enough, but that guy Ultra is wack but the song still survives. Raekwon just smashes everyone on here " I roll with niggaz shooting lyrical lead, stop absorbing break shit, knock that gay shit out ya head"... 4.5/5
    19. Once Upon A Time (w/ Tekitha)
    A great outro to a nice album, Raekwon still proves he lyrically can still hold it down this is a smooth beat too, some ride out shit... 4.5/5
    20. Lex Diamond Story (Outro)

Lyrics - 4/5
    Beats - 4/5
    Overall - 4/5
    Raekwon shows he still can bring it on this album. Lex Diamonds story is a slept on banger for sure. I think he just needs better production and he would have way better shit. Good album though. ****Overall 4/5****
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 04-28-2008 at 11:58 PM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

^^I can't co-sign your review at all Hollow, Lex Diamonds is one of the worst albums to come from the wu camp. It's best joints on another album would be flat out mediocre, this album for me is ranked down there with such garbage as Freemurda's debut and Remedy's The Genuine Article, in fact I would throw this album back at Rae if I could and demand my money back.

Lyrics 3/5
    Beats 1/5
    Overall 2/5

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Lmao!!!
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

I mean c'mon, the album has it's share of wack tracks but there are some bangers on it.

I love Missing Watch!!! I bump it every couple of days!!

armynavyairforcemarines Sgt Holly Wood's Avatar

def a banger imo

real hood shit, rae spits sick!

armynavyairforcemarines Sgt Holly Wood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th Chamber View Post
    I love Missing Watch!!! I bump it every couple of days!!
    hell yeah

prolly the best song off the album

Yeah Ghost be coming hard on that shit....

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

Pretty weak album, don't like production, can't name one track that amazed me, and plus Ice Cream Pt. 2 = Mediocore!!

P.E.A.C.E.