Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire SERIES

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Default A Song of Ice and Fire SERIES

Viewed a classic read in the eyes of many...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire

could just be the best thing in the last 30 years, the fifth book is coming soon!
    bring back begongo!!

nobody? seriously?
    bring back begongo!!

I've read all four, because I'm a nerd.

Thought the first three were mad dope, the fourth was wack, and I've been waiting on the fifth for like a year and some change (which is a lot less than most people). It's worth picking up the series since the first 3 volumes are the best 3 volumes of fantasy fiction I've ever read from any series, ever. But, the fourth is buns and something tells me the fifth (and all subsequent volumes) will also be buns.

nah, the fourth was a transition book. he needed to wrote that book, so that ADWD fits. I liked it more than the first, cuz it has a lot of details, like when Brienne sees the Hound without knowing it's him..

ADWD is going to be big. Minus the Dany chapters. I hope she dies in the end, that would make me happy for all the bad I suffered.. altho her first ADWD chapter ends great
    bring back begongo!!

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    nah, the fourth was a transition book. he needed to wrote that book, so that ADWD fits. I liked it more than the first, cuz it has a lot of details, like when Brienne sees the Hound without knowing it's him..
    I hated all those instances of characters running into each other and not knowing it. It happened two or three times at least, and never contributed to anything at all. Same thing with all the nicknames and the copious amount of descriptions. Additionally, the fact that

spoiler

all of Cersei's actions are driven by a prophecy delivered to her years ago was corny. I don't even remember all the other shit I hated about this book. Um... how about that huge subplot with that lady who has Cersei's kids, which basically ends at a perfect point for us to meet the character for the first time. The Iron Islands stuff was good, I remember.

Anyway, book 5 is supposedly coming out - for real - this summer. Hopefully it'll be good.

Martin threw other POVs/characters in some POVs so he could show where they were at that time

I thought 'the Cersei curse' was dope. There are three possible characters, who will kill her. It's Jaime, Tyrion or Tommen. I personally think Jaime is going to kill her...that would be catharsic.

12th July is the date.

We are finally going to find out who's Jon Snow's father.

BTW, have you read Tales of Dunk & Egg? Classic stuff from GRRM.
    bring back begongo!!

my wife has teh Dunk and Egg graphic novels or whatever, they're fuckin dope. need more of that. the past sheds a little light on current affairs in the books kind of.

Yeah, a lot of guys don't even know about it.

Martin is crazy with short stories.
    bring back begongo!!