• 3: Good

2 25.00%
  • 2: Boring

0 0%
  • 1: Wack

1 12.50%

Thread: Blakroc - Blakroc LP

Default Blakroc - Blakroc LP

01. "Coochie" (ft. Ludacris & Ol' Dirty Bastard)
    02. "On The Vista" (ft. Mos Def)
    03. "Hard Times" (ft. NOE)
    04. "Dollaz & Sense" (ft. RZA & Pharoahe Monch)
    05. "Why Can't I Forget Him" (ft. Nicole Wray)
    06. "Stay Off The Fuckin' Flowers" (ft. Raekwon)
    07. "Ain't Nothing Like You (Hoochie Coo)" (ft. Mos Def & Jim Jones)
    08. "Hope You're Happy" (ft. Billy Danze, Q-Tip & Nicole Wray)
    09. "Telling Me Things" (ft. RZA)
    10. "What You Do To Me" (ft. Billy Danze, Jim Jones & Nicole Wray)
    11. "Done Did It" (ft. NOE & Nicole Wray)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

PRODIGAL SUN UncontrolledSubstans's Avatar

Love it.

Platinum Chupa Chup DirtMcgehrk's Avatar

Nice range of artists. Good length doesn't stretch it out. Also a good balance of the hip hop and the rock. It could have been dominated by either genre but this album keeps in this in between space that I've never heard with a crossover LP like this before. One of the best of the year in my opinion. "Hope You're Happy" (ft. Billy Danze, Q-Tip & Nicole Wray)" was a standout track for me. Always love The RZA stuff. The ODB verses on "Coochie" sound like they were spat for the instrumentals. Everything works! Amazing IMO.
    "Drag you to hell I'm evil dead, you can call me Sam Raimi/ These Muthafuckas
    want a verse but they can't pay me."

haven't listened too much on the album yet but this shit is nice though, Billy Danze fucking rips shit, easily the illest performance together with Raekwon's incredible solo track (which would stand alongside the finest cuts from OB4CL2). not impressed at all by RZA's verses here although he really did fit the vibe of the album, and that's another nice thing with the LP - if you're looking at the tracklist it might look like they just pulled out random rapper names outta hat like most of the producer albums these days, but all work perfectly within the rock vibe on here.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Damn, this album is hot as hell! dont sleep on this! a dope rock&rap collaboration.
    When i first heard it, i didnt appreciate it like now, but these recording sessions, posted on youtube gave something to it, after watching them i fell in love with this album!
    Stay Off The F*&?%$' Flowers

I honestly tried to like it.

And I mean no disrespect but it was awful to listen to. I haven't heard such a horrible sounding Album since listening to Cradle of Filth.

I can appreciate what nearly happened or what they tried to do but what did happen was completely and utterly not worth a second listen.
    "It should be Criminal what I get away with" Mark Brandon "Chopper" Read

"Is there a sex offender that lives on your street? / Call Chopper Read I'll slaughter him for Free//" Mark Brandon "Chopper" Read

i'd say banger or masterpiece. i bought it and liked it much but somehow i haven't listened to it for ages. maybe today, good music.