• Good

0 0%
  • Mediocre

1 11.11%
  • Bad

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Westside Connection - Bow Down

Cube jumped on the Tupac bandwagon, Tupac even said this himself in a interview, he said something along the lines on 'go listen to Bow Down and tell me Cube didn't hear 'Hit Em Up' and go 'oh thats how you do it' "

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    Cube jumped on the Tupac bandwagon, Tupac even said this himself in a interview, he said something along the lines on 'go listen to Bow Down and tell me Cube didn't hear 'Hit Em Up' and go 'oh thats how you do it' "
    Yeah true he did. He definitely wanted to make some money and capitalize on the beefs. That said, Bow Down is still a pretty good album, bandwagon jumping or not.

-

Yeah i heard A Tribe Called Quest's Keep It Moving song talking about the eastcoast westcoast beef. QTip said some westcoast rappers names at the end of the song that he likes such as Dr Dre and MC Eiht. I don't think Ice Cube was trying to copy 2Pac dissing New York rappers. Like i said, he was mad because New York rappers were getting radio play in Los Angeles and he said Los Angeles rappers don't get radio play in New York. He has the right to be upset about that because it's not right that New York black radio stations don't respect Los Angeles rappers.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Yeah i heard A Tribe Called Quest's Keep It Moving song talking about the eastcoast westcoast beef. QTip said some westcoast rappers names at the end of the song that he likes such as Dr Dre and MC Eiht. I don't think Ice Cube was trying to copy 2Pac dissing New York rappers. Like i said, he was mad because New York rappers were getting radio play in Los Angeles and he said Los Angeles rappers don't get radio play in New York. He has the right to be upset about that because it's not right that New York black radio stations don't respect Los Angeles rappers.
    By 96, do you really think Cube cared about that? I'm pretty sure it was money that made him do it and "him being upset" was his excuse. I'm sure "The Chronic" and "Doggystyle" were not foreign to NY.

-

Yes in 96 he cared about that and i don't think he did that for the money. He already had a lot of money before Westside Connection came out because of his solo albums. The Chronic and Doggystyle probably were the only albums from Los Angeles that got played on New York radio stations. I'm sure New York black radio stations don't play underground Oakland and Los Angeles rappers. I remember Too Short saying on In The Trunk song that his records don't sell on the eastcoast and New York rappers think he sucks because of that. I haven't heard that many New York rappers give props to Too Short. Erick Sermon is one of the few New York rappers that likes him because they did a collabo together called Buy You Some on Too Short's Gettin It album and Too Short's crew The Dangerous Crew album. I think Erick also produced some songs for Too Short.

-

KJR, have you heard Westside Connection's Let It Reign song? It's on Thicker Than Water soundtrack and they have a video for it. The song is good and the video is good. I like the LA Raiders black shirt that Ice Cube wore in the video. Go to Youtube and watch it. Thicker Than Water movie has Mack 10, Fat Joe, MC Eiht. Ice Cube has a small part. Mack 10 and Fat Joe are gangbangers who hate each other in the movie and later on they find out that they're brothers. The soundtrack is good.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    KJR, have you heard Westside Connection's Let It Reign song? It's on Thicker Than Water soundtrack and they have a video for it. The song is good and the video is good. I like the LA Raiders black shirt that Ice Cube wore in the video. Go to Youtube and watch it. Thicker Than Water movie has Mack 10, Fat Joe, MC Eiht. Ice Cube has a small part. Mack 10 and Fat Joe are gangbangers who hate each other in the movie and later on they find out that they're brothers. The soundtrack is good.
    Nah I haven't, I'll definitely check it out. Once again, you know your shit bro.

-

Yeah i know a lot of stuff about rap music especially good music LOL. Also check out WC's collabo with Mack 10 and Ice Cube called West Up that's on WC and the Madd Circle's Curb Servin album. They had a video for it. I remember at the end of the song, Ice Cube says in the east we can be brothers but when you come to LA, watch your muthafucking colors. I thought that statement was ignorant because he was letting black men on the eastcoast know that when they come to LA, they gotta watch what colors they wear because of the bloods and crips gangs in LA. These gangs make my ass sick with their stupid ass killings over colors. I'm tired of seeing black men getting killed over dumb shit and they act like they don't care about their life. Life is precious and you gotta make smart decisions because if you make dumb decisions, that can cause you to die and it's stupid to die young. That's why i'm mad at 2Pac and Eazy E for dying young because of their stupid decisions.

I remember Richard Pryor telling Eddie Murphy in Harlem Nights movie that it's not cool to die young. He said you know it's cool to die when you're old and you got your grandkids around you. He said what is it gonna say on your tombstone? He said here lies Quick(Eddie's name)who died at 27 because he ain't no punk hahahahahahahahahaha. He said it ain't cool to die at 27.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Bow Down dropped twenty five years ago today.