Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did rza really produce Wake up - Killarmy?

Blunted Soul

Default Did rza really produce Wake up - Killarmy?

I've been having this feeling for 10 years at least. Wanna hear what you think.
    Wake up has nothing rza-like in its production. The drums are not rza, the sample is just straight loops etc. It really feels like someone else produced this one. Maybe its like Long Kiss Goodnight off biggies album, rumored being a true master track.
    Comments?....

Quote Originally Posted by patriquino View Post
    I've been having this feeling for 10 years at least. Wanna hear what you think.
    Wake up has nothing rza-like in its production. The drums are not rza, the sample is just straight loops etc. It really feels like someone else produced this one. Maybe its like Long Kiss Goodnight off biggies album, rumored being a true master track.
    Comments?....
    ever heard of Wu Gambinos, Duel Of Iron Mic or Cuttin Headz? for me it sounds like RZA beat

Banned

i guess Rza didn't produce CREAM since that sample was just looped

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

rza is credited for that song? never saw the liner notes and always assumed it was credited to 4th disciple *shrugs

Blunted Soul

Oh like i said that a loop can't be rza. People are so sensitive here, once you speculate a little here people will criticize. I just said that I've never heard a beat that sounded like this form rza. Would anyone have guessed that it was rza?

i thought i was gonna see some type of evidence that someone else produced this and Rza got credit or at the very least a "i heard from this one guy" statement.

...nothing?
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Blunted Soul

Why can't gut feeling be enough? Ghost producing is not that rare you know. People here are not interested musicly in speculaing something, they just want facts and if not, the jump on the other person.

gut feelings dont win court cases

It being a straight loop is a reason to think it is RZA. A majority of his beats are straight loops
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

PRODIGAL SUN

I kind of see where threadstarter is coming from

Blunted Soul

Quote Originally Posted by Monkdude View Post
    I kind of see where threadstarter is coming from
    Eureka! Finally!
    This is where the discussion can start. Does it sound like rza? I would never have guessed it. To me this is more of a mathematics beat.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Naw, it's a Rza beat. This was Rza in the "Golden-era" of Wu-Tang..........Fuck you talking bout ghost producers n shit...
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

i feel where ya comin from, yo what if rza co-produced it with 4th and it was fully credited to rza....or maybe it was a typo on the album print. does anyone have a copy of the single, vinyl or cd, that has the production credits listed? if it says rza still idk....need more evidence

Check This Shit:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Reveal
    The original plan was to release an album under the Population Clique (now The United Kingdom) collective, which constisted of KillArmy, Sunz Of Man, and Royal Fam. "Wake Up" was initially credited as Population Clique's first single but ended up on KillArmy's album, featuring Sunz Of Man.
    http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Weapons.../dp/B000003AFD

now, according to wu-international, this was the roster for the population clique / united kingdom at that time that "wake up" was released.

- Black Rose Kartel
    - Brooklyn Zoo
    - C.O.I.N.S [aka Ancient Coin]
    - Makeba Mooncycle
    - Royal Fam
    - Sunz Of Man
    - Brooklyn Body Snatchaz

wake up was originally going to be on this mega-groups release and the only question i have.... WHERE IS RZA IN ANY OF THOSE GROUPS??

i suspect it was produced by black rose kartel fam and when they went to release it all these years later they forgot who produced it so they bigged rza up by giving it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by wu-international
    Rumors once suggested that the group were working on an album called "The Collision". UK's first single was "Wake Up" b/w "Soldiers of Darkness" (these later became Killarmy and Sunz Of Man singles).
    Last edited by RuStY_WU-Chain; 12-01-2009 at 02:17 AM.

typical RZA if you ask me.