Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: to be a patriot is to be an idiot?

Veteran Member

Default to be a patriot is to be an idiot?

discuss

title edited for grammatical errors

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post
    title edited for grammatical errors
    thanks my bad

im learning english every day at english academy

time to time

...and "Hard" for America UnequivocallyCorrect's Avatar

To not be a patriot is to be an idiot. A lot of people have different "ideas" of what a patriot is. However the agreed definition is....

Dictionary.com : "a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion."

If you don't love, support and are willing to defend your country..... You should get out and find a new one. Simply, we don't need you and if you don't want to be here then GTFO.

If you take advantage of your country during good times, but don't fight when it's necessary then I also say GTFO moocher.

-You cant be right if your not prepared for a bomb of knowledge to drop on yo ass-

Manifestation of Allah Mr. Muhammad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UnequivocallyCorrect View Post
    To not be a patriot is to be an idiot. A lot of people have different "ideas" of what a patriot is. However the agreed definition is....

Dictionary.com : "a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion."

If you don't love, support and are willing to defend your country..... You should get out and find a new one. Simply, we don't need you and if you don't want to be here then GTFO.

If you take advantage of your country during good times, but don't fight when it's necessary then I also say GTFO moocher.
    Does "loving" your country mean you can't "criticize" the actions of the government...especially when they're wrong?

If I'm abducted by someone, and put in the back seat of the car...of course I don't want to be "abducted", but if my abductor is driving recklessly...I have a stake in speaking out against it...for his sake and mine.

Some of the GREATEST patriots of this nation were those who went against the "status quo", and condemned the government when its actions were unethical.

"Patriotism" is being used, these days, to bully people into submission to the status quo set up by those who want nothing but more and more power, with less and less accountability.

A True Patriot seeks what is best for the country and every single citizen. A FALSE patriot is one who seeks his own personal or political agenda, and uses "patriotism" to get everybody else to go along with it.

If you LOVE your country, don't be afraid to speak out against it when it is in error.

RM

So you feel if people do not conform to being a patriot they should find a new home?
    Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.

Veteran Member

hotttttt

stll pleaze

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

what if i came into your house and put a picture of Marcus Garvey on the wall
    and made your children believe he was jesus, made you my butler, and had mulatto children with your girl, wouldn't you complain ?

Banned

if you're white, fuck you honky

if you're black... *shakes head in disappointment*

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    if you're white, fuck you honky

if you're black... *shakes head in disappointment*
    What if he's neither? how does race come into question here?
    Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Muhammad View Post
    Does "loving" your country mean you can't "criticize" the actions of the government...especially when they're wrong?
    No no no, Unequivocal Support of a single president and his agenda is retarded.

Some of the GREATEST patriots of this nation were those who went against the "status quo", and condemned the government when its actions were unethical.
    Co-SIGN!

"Patriotism" is being used, these days, to bully people into submission to the status quo set up by those who want nothing but more and more power, with less and less accountability.
    Not all Patriotism is bad, But I agree that it is sometimes abused to bully.

A True Patriot seeks what is best for the country and every single citizen. A FALSE patriot is one who seeks his own personal or political agenda, and uses "patriotism" to get everybody else to go along with it.
    If you LOVE your country, don't be afraid to speak out against it when it is in error.

RM
    Co-Sign. co-sign. mutha fucking co-sign. Muhammad understands this shit.

-You cant be right if your not prepared for a bomb of knowledge to drop on yo ass-

Quote Originally Posted by abanks47 View Post
    So you feel if people do not conform to being a patriot they should find a new home?
    Yes.

If you are not willing to defend, support, contribute how can you expect to live their? Seriously? People fight to live in certain parts of the world. It is an expectation all citizens of the world must take up.

If your country was under attack and you COULD, but DIDN'T take up arms. Think about it. Benefit without Risk is for moochers.

Its not about "doing what bush says". It's about "taking proper action when your nation needs guidance". That's Patriotism.

Patriots will take action for what they think is best. That's why everyone should be one. The week should be cast out.

The ABBOTT

last i checked the world was round

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

lol matisyahu

Im a patriot of heaven that is where my home is.

peace be with you !