Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RZA inspired by John Frusciante to do music for free (wasnt paid for BlakRoc)

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Default RZA inspired by John Frusciante to do music for free (wasnt paid for BlakRoc)

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/162...1201/rza.jhtml

^Video in the link.

Celebrity Favorites
    Beats by RZA for free? What's the catch? The super-producer has come a long way from charging 20 G's a session.

"Musically, I got a friend of mine that's given me a big musical lesson," RZA explained to us recently in NYC. "His name is John Frusciante from the [Red Hot] Chili Peppers. He said to me that he doesn't make music no more for profit or people. Those that like it, love it or don't love it — he doesn't worry about the critics. He has enough financial security that he doesn't have to never sell music again. I don't have the same security, because I got so many family members. I'm never gonna be rich enough."

Still, with money coming from Hollywood, books and other ventures, the rap legend is letting the music flow freely, making dozens of records in 2009 just for his own enjoyment.

"I go to [Frusciante's] house a lot and make music with him," RZA said. "We just make music. I've made 100 songs this year, and probably nobody won't hear them but us who made it. It feels good, yo. It feels good to do it with no strings attached. Not having to worry about if somebody is gonna criticize it, if it's gonna sell. I'm past that. That's a great place to be. I did a project recently with Damon Dash, the BlakRoc project with the Black Keys. He said, 'RZA, if you in town, come by the studio and hang out. I got a few guys that like you. Maybe y'all can do some music together.' I went through, we had a good vibe, did a little smoking. We just did music. It's coming out. I don't know who got paid, who did what. I got nothing. It's nothing for me. It's an expression of art. It feels good to do it that way. That's how we started out."

Wu Vatican

thats whats up.

the problem with to many rappers these days is they wanna get paid off it. obviously you should be getting paid for your work, but the problem is that if its something you love you do it because you love it. i play soccer because i enjoy it, not because im getting paid. sure id like to get paid, but in the end thats not why i do it. nice that rza is at the point in his life/career where he can take a step back.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Word..

He should leak the unheard tracks though

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

thats watsup.

better music ahead.
    We do it for the people.

So that's how game got a rza beat.

PRODIGAL SUN

rza can do this because hes the richest wu tang member, and im going to guess by far. that said, good for him

Quote Originally Posted by Monkdude View Post
    rza can do this because hes the richest wu tang member, and im going to guess by far. that said, good for him
    what about Method Man? at least three platinum records (Tical, Tical 2000 and Blackout!), plus some acting among other factors

rza best leak these

^
    yeah its like well you may aswell just leak them now anyway if you didnt make them for anything

just leak em, serve the fiends

He won't leak them.
    It's the god, god.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    i play soccer because i enjoy it, not because im getting paid.
    you play soccer because you're a fag

Rza mentioned before that he gave big pun the tres leches beat for free. later on fat joe revealed that pun had to pay rza 30 g's cash in a brown paper bag. so who knows whether or not to believe rza here.

^sources?

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

I'd like to know where Pun found a Brown Paper bag in the Bronx that held 30G's cash......

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey Bone View Post
    ^sources?
    it was in XXL's "The Making of Capital Punishment" article.. it's on google somewhere, great article. also check out XXL's making of "The Blueprint", "Illmatic", "Ready to Die", "Life After Death" and of course 'OB4CL' if you haven't already.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

IF this is true

I respect him for doing it and haveing love for music like that
    This guy amazes me every month or so lol