Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OB4CL2 vs. The Offering

Default OB4CL2 vs. The Offering

i have been listening ALOT to OB4CL Pt. II since it's first leak and i was more and more convinced that that's the illest Wu album since "Supreme Clientele". Well, I just threw on Killah Pizzay's "The Offering" for the first time in a year or more and ooooooooooooooh shit, this album is dope. A great lyrical exercise from Priest, he is on the level of the Nas and Rakim's of the world if you ask me and the production is slamming. This has all the right elements of a classic album, from the guest features, to the production to every single bar Priest is spitting here. KP is always dope but i remember he took a few years off to write and produce "The Offering", I hope he does the same instead of flooding the market with so-so product.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Heavy Mental Pt. 2

SHAOLIN STUDENT

ob4cl2 is way better, yes KP is a great lyricist, but flow wise Raekwon is a 100 times better, and the production on cl2 litterally destroy the beats of "the offering"

PRODIGAL SUN

common sun, kp's album was much better

^^ nah beats on "The Offering" are top notch too, 'OB4CL2' is fucking greatness but i can't think of one song off that album that's fucking with "Uprising". it's a whole lot better mastered too, i don't know why Rae didn't spend proper money on mastering and engineering for his LP - Killah Priest who is mad underground gets Toney Dawsey at Masterdisk to master his album while Raekwon from the biggest hip-hop group ever gets BT (who??). the sound is a very important aspect of your product, i hope Rae fix that on his next project. it might be a tie between them thought, i like both albums alot.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Cl2 is miles ahead

a draw between these 9,5/10 albums

i havent spun CL2 since the first few weeks of its release, its a dope album though

i still bump the offering almost daily since its release.

im gonna have to go with The Offering. Ive been bumping that alot more than obfcl2, so my opinion might change sometime in the future when I've given Rae alittle more time.

and i have to agree with people saying The offering's production are top notch. I think the 2 albums are worthy contestants beatwise. on the lyrical tip, few people can fuck with KP these days
    Last edited by Buzk; 12-03-2009 at 10:24 AM.

The offering is classic, cuban linx 2 was really good, but not on the same level.

lets put it this way........... i bought the offering when it dropped, and i still bump it regularly, got cuban linx 2 the day it came out, and i havent listened to to it since.

I'm The Master MingLuKhan Ya_Bane's Avatar

The Offering.

Cause CL2 had more (more or less) 'weak' tracks.
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31674&dateline=119438  0796

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

The Offering easily.

It jus had to much firepower, while CL2 is littered with filler tracks

I mean cmon..

imo none of the album is "filled" with filler tracks, i have yet to skip a single track on OB4CL2 ever and i bumped it a few times every week since it first leaked!

i hadn't bumped KP's album for at least a year until today but that shit blew me away just like it did the first time i heard it.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    imo none of the album is "filled" with filler tracks, i have yet to skip a single track on OB4CL2 ever and i bumped it a few times every week since it first leaked!
    Penitentiary
    Baggin Crack
    Canal Street

to name the obvious

^^ i'll admit about "Penitentiary", i'm not feeling that beat too much but 'Baggin Crack' is serious and 'Canal Street' got crazy dope verses from Rae. unlike an album such as "Dopium" the so-called fillers on 'OB4CL2" are at the very least listenable.