Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: cuban linx 2 ommited off grammy for best rap album

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    dude, ppl cl2 was just an ok album, ok to wack even. it didn't get 'omitted' it wasn't 'considered'. there were WAY better albums. paper trail is one.
    only one request: just SHUT THE FUCK UP, please...

the mixing was bad, the songs really had no focus, just beats for rae to rap on for the most part, deck and mk's features were weak and boring, a lot of the songs were just filler and to think it took him YEARS to do this album. and the beats were lukewarm except the rza ones catalina and pyrex vision. the same 3 second cook up bullshit wu loves getting from producers
    I agree to an extent, but you're exaggerating some shit. deck on black mozart & HOFD wasn't weak and boring, there's more than 4 beats on the album too. gihad was the closest thing to 09 cuban linx sound for me, and the dilla and scram jones beats wasn't no slop neither. especially ason jones.

sonny's missing was another standout.

another complaint though is that wu seems to always forget that the biggest reason anybody ever gave a fuck about them to begin with was because they made you hype when you listened, so why Rae can flow 97-98 style on random radio interview freestyles, but he couldn't kill all these tracks one time and be done with them, is anybody's guess.

still a 4/5 for me tho.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Its funny how TSA pretends hes so confident online, yet irl he is such a scared faggot he has to RING THE COPS to sort out his problems when a member sends him a magazine in the post, after he HIMSELF posted his address online.

Thats how much of a low esteem pussy you are in real life TSA

You use this site to pretend to be something your not.

yeah man, all the time..

anyways i think the list sucks, but in all honesty the Grammys sucks and nobody cares about it anymore. they're going to continue to get dismal ratings year after year cause they're so irrelevant and unable to adapt.

TSA the grammies are about as irrelevent as your opinion.

Stop using a website to build your confidence, your a faggot irl, and your a faggot online.

Its just theres not any cops here for you to call when it all gets a bit too scary.

TSA is a bitch made faggot, end of story

Quote Originally Posted by 501 Gold View Post
    I agree to an extent, but you're exaggerating some shit. deck on black mozart & HOFD wasn't weak and boring, there's more than 4 beats on the album too. gihad was the closest thing to 09 cuban linx sound for me, and the dilla and scram jones beats wasn't no slop neither. especially ason jones.

sonny's missing was another standout.

another complaint though is that wu seems to always forget that the biggest reason anybody ever gave a fuck about them to begin with was because they made you hype when you listened, so why Rae can flow 97-98 style on random radio interview freestyles, but he couldn't kill all these tracks one time and be done with them, is anybody's guess.

still a 4/5 for me tho.
    i agree with the hype shit, but gihad? i really don't think it sounds anything like the old style, i seriously sounds like filler to me (cause it was) from vat mixtapes (cause it was)

i think the closest to the old style was sonny's missing cause it sounds like something off ironman a bit. Pyrex vision is in a class of its own. that's what i think the album should have focused on sounding like if rae really wanted to push his new flow to the limit
    i just really think the album was uninspired and it gave proof that the genius of the first CL was all Rza's, cause this album lacked that out of the box thinking that made the first one great. i wasn't looking for a repeat of the first but this one can't even stand on the same shelf as it.

i really dont see what the deal is with ppl like gihad but i guess its all opinion. it has 2 mediocre cause you like the guys rapping and wack if you dont like or know them verses, a wack chorus, and a bland 2 layer 2002 mixtape beat. no point, no contribution to the album.

i agree with the hype shit, but gihad? i really don't think it sounds anything like the old style, i seriously sounds like filler to me (cause it was) from vat mixtapes (cause it was)

i think the closest to the old style was sonny's missing cause it sounds like something off ironman a bit. Pyrex vision is in a class of its own. that's what i think the album should have focused on sounding like if rae really wanted to push his new flow to the limit
    i just really think the album was uninspired and it gave proof that the genius of the first CL was all Rza's, cause this album lacked that out of the box thinking that made the first one great. i wasn't looking for a repeat of the first but this one can't even stand on the same shelf as it.

i really dont see what the deal is with ppl like gihad but i guess its all opinion. it has 2 mediocre cause you like the guys rapping and wack if you dont like or know them verses, a wack chorus, and a bland 2 layer 2002 mixtape beat. no point, no contribution to the album.
    Your mouth is like an asshole, everything that comes out of it is shit.

Wow he just said Gihad was "filler"

lol

I dunno, I felt the same way about gihad back when it first dropped, but it grew on me for some reason. the bassline goes ham on a good set of speakers and it just sounds like criminal music.

pyrex vision is the standout for me too though, that's the best example I've heard of rae's quiet flow actually working and makin the track better instead bringing it down.

DEPRESSED.

Banned

the grammys have and will continue to be a joke in terms of hip hop relevance!!!!

q-tips album is nominated with under 100,000 copies sold, so sales cant be a problem!!!!

crticial acclaim, independent success, the streets already spoke and gave rae his trophy!!!!!

who tunes into these nomination and award shows!?!?!?!? grammys had hip hop excluded from best album for how long?!!?!?

I guess its how much your record company pays to get your nomination.

Then they throw in the Mos Def record to be more accepted.

I find it funny though that Black On Both sides never even got a nomination, despit being one of the best albums of all time lol, yet now Mos is getting nominations for albums that arent even 1/50th of what BOBS was.

I guess that alone goes to show where we're at today.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -aid4afrika- View Post
    the reason is that the cut-off date for albums from '09 was 8-31 so albums released after will get consideration next year, same reason BP3 isnt on here
    Close thread.

I dont get why people continue to be shocked when all u have to do is read this post

^word, missed that post