Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jadakiss - The Last Kiss... aaaaaaahhhhh haaaaaaaa!!!!!

Banned

Exclamation Jadakiss - The Last Kiss... aaaaaaahhhhh haaaaaaaa!!!!!

after banging the fuck outta this album since its release, i figured id give it some shine!!!!!

bar for bar, verse for verse, this is one of the strongest outings of the year for any emcee!!!!! kiss kills all kinds of different production here, from stripped down buc wild heat to high quality radio ready tracks!!!!! his consistency is incredible, not often you can say jada didnt come correct on a track and the trend continued on this album!!!!!

TLK showed maturation, is well rounded, and doesnt have as many peaks and vallies as his previous releases!!!! 1 or 2 tracks i couldve done without, one being the swizzy "whos real" and the "something else remix"!!!!

the collabo with nas "what if" is crazy, the back n forth with styles on "one more step" and sheek on "come and get me" is vintage lox, and "cartel gathering" with rae and ghost is cuban linx ready!!!!!!

the neptunes produced tracks are incredible, "stress ya" shoulda been a hit single but kiss doesnt know how to deliver a girl record without a heavy dose of grease!!!!!!!! "rockin with best", hes merking the shit effortlessly!!!!! "letter to big" is a classic biggie tribute, you already know that song is gettin played 10 yrs from now!!!! and jada pennin his life on "things ive been through" over a classic luther sample is magic, thisll be on kiss' highlight reel!!!!!! "smoking gun" jada executing a cause and effect record at optimum strength!!!!!!

the album also starts and ends with a bang, the intro has prime jada blackin out and "deathwish" showcases jadas slaughtering of weezy on a alchemist banger!!!!!!

slept on album, if you liked any of his solo shit check it out, shits illy!!!!!!
    Last edited by angry!; 12-03-2009 at 11:50 PM.

Veteran Member

I'm checkin it out.

He's always been thoro.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Yeah I'd give this 4/5
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

-

Jadakiss is a good rapper but i don't like his solo albums because of the beats. Plus he does collabos with wack artists sometimes.

FRESH FISH

2 me Jada seems like he tryin 2 fit in 2 much with the current radio sound with this album... it chould have been so much better... without all the RandB B.S. ....

Banned

i think jada is trynna survive the times my nigga!!!

and im curious to know what joints youre not feelin!!!!!!!

i agree theres definitely some radio friendly instrumentals and guest vocalists here, but the execution is great!!!!!

jada merks this album, he gives a clinic how to kill all different types of production!!!!!! well balanced record, personal joints, storytellin joints, street joints, classic tribute track, easily one of the best mainstream hip hop releases of the year!!!!!

-

I agree with Klap and that's why i don't like his albums. Instead of keeping his albums gutter and hardcore, he keeps doing these bullshit radio songs and collaborating with wack r&b singers.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I agree with Klap and that's why i don't like his albums. Instead of keeping his albums gutter and hardcore, he keeps doing these bullshit radio songs and collaborating with wack r&b singers.
    lol sucks that his mixtapes are like albums to his fans, his mixtapes keeps it eastcoast hardcore, but his albums usually come out with softer radio friendly shit. explains why i bump his mixtapes 10x more than his albums, which is kinda sad when you think about it

-

His first album has some good joints and that's his best one. His 2nd album sucks and i don't wanna hear his latest album. How many mixtapes has he done? I figured his mixtapes are better than his albums. Styles P hasn't made a good solo album since his first one and i don't like Sheek's albums either. The Lox are very good rappers but they suck at picking good beats.

Kiss is a NYC Street rapper legend, with a lot of credibility. I enjoy his music heavy, specially his work with the LOX, and his second solo album, but Sadly kiss will not leave a huge dent on the hip hop game like Kool and the gang, Grandmaster Flash and Furious 5, Run DMC, Public Enemy, NWA, Wu-Tang, Rakim, B.I.G. Tupac, Outkast, Nas, Jay-Z, Eminem, 50 Cent, Luda... In this new era cats like Wayne, T.I. and other up and coming cats who are having an impact on this generation.

-

Kool And The Gang is a r&b group, not a rap group LOL. Did you mean to say Kool G Rap?

haha. Nah man. I meant Kool and the gang!! I guess is since they get sampled so often, I threw them in, in the same category. thats my mistake.

-

Yeah Kool And The Gang was the shit back in the 80's and that's because of my boy James Taylor who was the lead singer. I got their videos dvd that has all of their videos from the 80's. I got a few of their albums too. I think Ladies Night, Something Special and Emergency are their best albums. When James left the group, it was over for them LOL. James solo albums suck though LOL. I was disappointed in his solo albums because he has too many love songs and not enough jams but he's a good singer.

jada's a beast point blank!

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

Banned

i think jada has left a sizable mark on hip hop culture!!!!!

hes featured on classic albums, has classic verses, classic tracks, survived industry hell, hes an emcees emcee!!!! anyone that spits, that strives to be a potent lyricist, is forced to respect jadas skillset!!!!!

jay-z
    rae
    biggie
    ghost
    eminem
    pun
    nas
    prodigy

jada has spit next to a lot of legndary emcees, and he doesnt buck under the pressure!!!! one of the best show n prove emcees out there, his consitency at providing 16 bars of crack is incredible!!!!!

the last kiss is a dope project and if youre sleeping on it youre missing out, its one of the best mic performances of 2009!!!!! jada will continue being the emcees emcee, he can handle any type of production and make it look easy!!!!