Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: interpreting your dreams

i think i'm high

Default interpreting your dreams

I often have re-occurring dreams.

I have regular dreams, but they often have bizarre.. symbolism, maybe?

point is, i don't understand half of the dreams I have. I remember them, but i just can't put the pieces together.

Realness

i dont think anyone has ever had a whole dream that made perfect sense from start to finish, i'm having really fucked up ones lately!

Manifestation of Allah Mr. Muhammad's Avatar

Salaam!

Recurring Dreams often indicate unresolved issues or unfinished business...

RM

It all depends what is going on in your dreams. Most of the time they can be reffering to goals, needs etc, sometimes they mean nothing

I had a dream i was on a bike going really fast, it must have been a motorcycle, going down a sandy road with tall reed grass on both sides i was going faster then cars and shit, anyhow, there was an off ramp thingy on the left also sandy (and on the wrong side...) which I took and then I saw this kid I know but don't particularly like wearing a neon orange polo. I also saw my History Teacher wearing a green rain jacket standing blankly with a bunch of little kids. Then a silver train went by or something.

Weird shit. Can't make tails or heads of it.
    HANKERING FOR SOME BEEF CURTAINS

Default dreams means....

Dreams are a facinating way of tapping into our subconscious mind,and they intrigue me.There are varying dreams one can experience,vivid dreams,reacuring,release,prophetic,spiritual etc..

interpreting your dreams can be very simple,if you understand the differences between the variation of them.

Most dreams are our brains way of coping and eliminating clutter in our subconcious mind.So they just need a little desiphering,as they never come without slight confusion.I have worked on a little dream analysis myself,im willing to give it a go here if any members want me to attempt to analize theirs.

in the deepest reaches of rapid eye movement sleep, your brain releases DMT. DMT is the most powerful and illegal psychedelic known to man.

i figure that influence probably causes dreams to be as trippy as they are, and influences a lot of thought.

I am old enough now to know that my dreams are more vivid in a specific time of the year. For me, my dreams are very vivid in september and october. during this time i dream heavily and interpret my own dreams. Other times of the year my dreams are mostly meaningless and forgettable. The dreams are said to arrive from the sub-conciousness. A yoga told me to never take my dreams too serious. That they are for the most part frivolous. The symbolism is difficult to decode. Draw your own conclusions.

There is a practice called lucid dreaming. I was told to perform certain actions while dreaming. when walking through any doorway, touch the top, always look at the clock or the time twice, become aware of the illogical. When you are trained and capable enough to become "aware" that you are dreaming while you are dreaming, you become in control and guide your own dreams.

I Do Not Know Whether I Was Then A Man Dreaming I Was A Butterfly, Or Whether I Am Now A Butterfly Dreaming I Am A Man
    Knock em down, just as hIgh as they can build em'/The Slave master just set me free and I Still killed em'

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    There is a practice called lucid dreaming. I was told to perform certain actions while dreaming. when walking through any doorway, touch the top, always look at the clock or the time twice, become aware of the illogical. When you are trained and capable enough to become "aware" that you are dreaming while you are dreaming, you become in control and guide your own dreams.
    I lucid dream like every other night.. All the dreams have me moving back to where I had a pretty happy childhood too
    The, U. NY Knicks. NY Jets. NY Mets. > Ur teams = The Truth

some suggest that it is not the content of the dream that is of any significance, but rather how you are feeling and whether you can control your decisions in your dreams

overcome one obstacle and you can overcome 100

it doesnt matter if you are being chased by a dinosaur or a tornado

the thing to pay attention to is the fact that you need to know how to handle being chased and being on the run

dreams are great for suggesting possible gaps in your character

also a great place to meet new women

Peace
    all the points have been made

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

i've only lucid dreamed a couple of times, from what i can remember, though i'm not sure they were totally lucid.

i never had a recurring dream until i got my dreads two months ago. ever since then i've had dreams where i realize my dreads are gone, usually because i made the decision to cut them off so i can grow them back later...but then i realize what i've done and i freak out.

this past week i had a vision in a dream of the cowboys whipping the saints by virtue of an offensive explosion. when i woke up i was skeptical of the dream. but sure enough, come saturday the cowboys put on an offensive clinic in the first half against the saints and held on to win, handing the saints their first loss of the season. pretty cool...
    "all your San Franciscos will eventually fall and burn again..." -Jack Kerouac-

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ballistic View Post
    this past week i had a vision in a dream of the cowboys whipping the saints by virtue of an offensive explosion. when i woke up i was skeptical of the dream. but sure enough, come saturday the cowboys put on an offensive clinic in the first half against the saints and held on to win, handing the saints their first loss of the season. pretty cool...
    that's crazy.. reminds me of a dream I had when the jets/steelers played in the playoffs a few years back

Doug Brien was our kicker, and I dreamed of him kicking a field goal, but I couldn't remember whether it was good or not.. but sure enough, come game time.. he missed 2 potential game winning field goals.. never forget that dream and playoff game..

here's his wikipedia page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Brien
    The, U. NY Knicks. NY Jets. NY Mets. > Ur teams = The Truth

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

dreams seem to communicate things in an extremely weird language..

and keep in mind your dreams do not follow the laws of time and space, one person can morph into a bunch of ppl or even things and a dream that feels like an eternity can be only just a brief nap or vice versa..

i have predictive dreams more and more lately and i think it has to do with:

-the fact that I am trying to pay more attention to my dreams

-like i mentioned before, your subconscious or "unconscious" mind is not confined by time/space and thus can easily draw on things from the far past (a 2nd grade buddy you totally forgot about) or even future (dreaming of somebody you haven't seen in ages and then seeing them)..

Saturday morning I dreamed i was in a movie theater, i looked to my right and a good buddy of mine who I haven't seen in a month was sitting next to me, then my girlfriend appeared sitting on his lap...

the next morning he called me out of the blue, we hung out and were about to go see Avatar before I remembered i had to go help my brother with some shit....when I told my gf that night she said "you would've gone to see that movie without me?? i'm glad you didn't.."