Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Human Genetic Modification and Chimeras

Default Human Genetic Modification and Chimeras

i know this is fake. but this is a chimera- a chimera is he result of combining cells from two different organisms.

how do yall feel about human modification by using animal genes?
    would you get gills? or a dog's sense of smell. maybe eagle eyes?

the mayo clinic has created a pig that has human blood flowing thru its veins.
    in 2010 stanford univ is ATTEMPTING TO MAKE MICE WITH HUMAN BRAINS.

WTF!?!?!
    The university has already created mice with brains that are about one percent human.
    they will be attempting to make mice with 100 % human brains.
    yall remember this shit?

they even kicked around the idea of creating mice that produced human sperm and human eggs and then try to create a test tube baby from 2 mice parents.

are you for real. your parents are fuckin rats?

There are currently no U.S. federal laws that prohibit human animal hybrids.

i could imagine a time in the future when people may want cosmetic genetic manipulation. mabey zebra stripes or cheeta spots and cats eyes an shit.

Designer babies- we can now control the sex of a fetus about 99%+ of the time.since feburary 09 the selection of color of hair and eyes are available too at a very high price.

they are trying to locate the genes for IQ and athleticism.

this worries me a bit. sounds very MASTER RACE-ish. i could see the rich creating superbabies for themselves. super smart super strong.
    would they even be considered human or would they be a new species?

thoughts?

links:
    designer babies
    chimera
    Last edited by Uncle Steezo; 12-15-2009 at 10:29 AM.

Choose. Transhumanism
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

when new things arrive, old things must fade away

how would the old feel about these new niggas

robot parts, and animal senses on a human may seem unnatural - but is it ?

everything comes from something - and everything is grafted from the original -

can it go on to be a more evolved,and better version of the original, or is degeneration and wickedness inevitable ?

i dont see the problem. odds are this can lead to curing a lot of stuff if it works out and if they make modified humans who cares? an amputee in a wheelchair is a modified human. how much do you care about amputees in wheelchairs?

Banned

A PIGMAN!!!!

Cosmo is hip

Reminds me of the movie
    Immortel
    Break fast is served

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    i dont see the problem. odds are this can lead to curing a lot of stuff if it works out and if they make modified humans who cares? an amputee in a wheelchair is a modified human. how much do you care about amputees in wheelchairs?

no a wheelcahir is not a modified human.
    or at least not in the context of this discussion.

we are talking genetic.

and since you most likely could not afford for your child to be modified, where does that leave your kid in a class full of augmented intelligence and strength and health?

left behind based on economics.

if you think blacks are inferior now derek, just wait till YT gets a hold of this shit.

but lets talk about this humans from mice parents...
    would they be considered a product or would they be considered an autonomous being. i mean there are patents involved that imply ownership.
    ratboy armies?

@ Sunny i think that they are moving too fast without having a full understanding of what they are dealing with.

the DNA is not just a line of code. it functions as an antennae for light and energy. you can hit a helix with photons, the photons will actually adhere to the helix. remove the helix and the photons will retain the helix shape.

you can also penetrate thru the helix with a beam of photons into an egg cell of another species and the egg will either become a hybrid or switch species altogether. this has been done to create chicken/ducks and hatch salamanders out of frog eggs.

my point is that information is transmitted via light and other vibrations. you if start foolin with the reception you don't know what channel you may pick up.

also changing code is a complex process. you cant just change a T to an A in a line of code. you have to change the two surrounding bits of code too. then you'd have to switch some more to make the new code fit. and so on amd so on.

this is because A is bonding only to T, and C is bonding only to G.

so you may get blue eyes but then the code for eyelash length ets screwed up and they grow 6 inch lashes. idk but you get the point. blonde hair but they are psychotic.

there is a lot of dna code they consider junk but when have you seen nature create things that are "junk" or be inefficient. every line of that code has a purpose.

@ vader
    havent seen that flick. i'll peep and holla back at you.

i think if they're gonna mess around with genes, then they should do it for a real purpose. not try to enhance any human features like intelligence or eye colour or anything like that, cos there's always a chance it could go wrong.

by real purpose, i mean they should do shit to cure genetic diseases/disorders before they try to do any of that other stuff.

i can imagine any child who is a decendant of a rat, would not be in the least interested to know where he/she really came from. it would damage them. it's bad enough when people find out they were conceived because their mother was raped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

Decipher, son.

Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Magnum View Post
    @ vader
    havent seen that flick. i'll peep and holla back at you.

http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=67435

This movie is set in the year 2095, hence the presence of mutant humans and extraterrestrials. The main character is known as Jill. She is not human. When she is discovered by Dr. Elma Turner she is diagnosed as being the most interesting genetic test subject Turner has ever come across. Her organs are not in the right place, she has no memory and she appears, biologically to be only three months old. Turner gives her a break, gives her an identity card and a place to stay, in exchange for being her guinea-pig to work on and discover more about. Nicopol is a frozen prisoner who is due to be released a year after the film is set. There is a problem in the prisoner ward and several are thrown down to grow (dying in the process), including Nicopol (but only his leg). There is a lot more to this story but I can't disclose it in this summary, I don't have the words.
    Break fast is served

now that you posted that it seems familiar but i havent seen it.
    DLing it now.

@ trixx yeah i do agree with curing disease and defects. and it seems that the genie has already left the bottle.

The ABBOTT

i personally think this kinda shit is blasphemous and an abomination.

and the diseases and shit can be cured by nature and such.

i dont think nature and humans can be improved on when we are in a state of homeostasis.
    Last edited by PALEHORSE; 12-14-2009 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.

Veteran Member

I believe humans as a species are fine the way we are and any modification on our part would only cause us to be deficient in some way.

Modifying genes by definition seems to be the cause of genetic disorders:

A genetic disorder is a disease caused in whole or in part by a "variation" (a different form) or "mutation" (alteration) of a gene.

As we unlock the secrets of the human genome, we are learning that nearly all diseases have a genetic component...

But most genetic disorders are "multifactorial inheritance disorders," meaning they are caused by a combination of small variations in genes, often in concert with environmental factors.

http://www.genome.gov/19016930
    What if a baby's gene is modified which in combination to an environmental exposure like air, water or food pollutants cause a disease?

This is nothing new.The real geneticists have had this practice on lock beyond what the public calls "news" today.
    Knock em down, just as hIgh as they can build em'/The Slave master just set me free and I Still killed em'

ninjaspit. true indeed. but much of the public has no idea what kind of frankensteinian experiments are taking place.

i'm sure there are all kind of mutant variations of man/animal in labs around the globe.