Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...part II

Raekwon
    Inspectah Deck
    Method Man

J Dilla

Strong contender for 2009 song of the year, classic

DRUNKENARTS

ye very strong song def one of 09's greats

I really don't get why people love this track. The beat is just fucking annoying, it grates on me big time, I can't even talk about the lyrics cos I can't bring myself to listen to the whole song.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Love it. Though it took a few listens

Dilla (RIP) does an amazing job for me.

Veteran Member

Love Meth's and Rae's verses

vintage wu track right here, but the version on the album doesnt sound right. i have another version thats mixed down better.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

as Wade pointed out above the mixing is quite poor on here but no matter what it's damn hard for a Wu head not to love this joint (i see you Tauro lol). to me all the right elements are there, the shit is hardbody as FUCK, vintage Shaolin sounding sample (actually used by RZA before), dirty, grimey and raw are the three words to best describe it. the drums are fucking knocking, i love blowing this loud as hell in the headphones; Dilla did a great job altho i couldn't see anyone rhyming on this besides the Wu. in a way the poor mixing actually adds some gutter to it, sorta like the lo-fi shit RZA was doing back in the day.

Rae couldn't picked a better song to open up the album with, a posse cut that comes through with a bang and Rebel INS setting it off crazy as usual. All the verses on here are super nice imo, an "instant classic" in my book. the re-used hook by GZA from '36 Chambers' adds a vintage feel to this as well which is another plus. besides the mixing i ain't got a bad word to say about this, so

5/5

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I remember when this leaked, I was in Baltimore on a trip and at the time was in the backseat of a car checking in on all the blog sites I follow (Blackberry addict) and was like "oh SHIT" when I saw this drop. It was all I could think about but by the time we got back to the hotel and I could grab headphones, the youtube link had been deleted. So there I am, on Friday of a 3 day trip, thinking only about getting home to hear this new Raekwon joint.

Saturday I decide to check it again, and luckily I found a working link and I sat there, as the other people in my hotel room were sleeping, bumping that track wanting nothing more than to scream out "holy shit these mafuckas done woke the FUCK UP in this game and dropped a CLASSIC!!!!!" but couldn't cause of the couple that was sleeping 10 feet away. I've never mimed so much excitement before in my life.
    "We accept tires" - Cappadonna

Veteran Member

bullzit

NeonGenesis

Classic.Beat bangs and wu comin thru like hell

classic...great way to open the album!