View Poll Results: LOVE IT OR HATE IT

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVE IT/GREATEST THING SINCE WU-BREAD (LOL)

1 25.00%
  • IT'S AIGHT NOT GREAT

1 25.00%
  • KILL THAT NOISE

1 25.00%
  • NAHHHHHHHHHHH WACKNESS

1 25.00%

Thread: Shyheim-disrespectfully speaking review

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Default Shyheim-disrespectfully speaking review

The long career Shyheim has had from being the “Rugged Child” to his dopeness to being the “Manchild” to telling the “Greatest Story Never Told” to now “Disrespectfully Speaking”. I think allot Shy's work early with the WU as being one of the early Wu-Affiliated acts to drop on a major but now he's dissing Raekwon,etc. Yet allot of fans still love Shyheim.

The album opens with an ode to “Staten Island” with some help from his crew and yet it bangs even if you can get past the discontent or any ill wills toward the WU for whatever reason. One of the dope solos by Shyheim is his story telling opus and dropping heat on “Evil Bitches” to 'Pain” and “Bond” all got classic Shyheim narratives written all over it. Allot of the album second point is to showcase Shyheim's crew Bottom Up which consists of Castro, LEO and Bomb Official among others. And they come thru but yet still come off underwhelming which I think brings down the LP.

Overall not one of his best works when the “Greatest Story Never Told”, The Lost Generation” and “Manchild” all were his best stuff, thus this LP is a 3 star effort out of 5 because of Shyheim's skills stand tall among cats that still need work.

3 OUT OF 5 STARS

FRESH FISH

I kinda liked it, much better than those bottom up tapes he dropped before this one

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Yeah it was better than those but not by very much