Ice Cream part 2

The Lex Diamond Story

Raekwon
    Method Man
    Cappadonna

DJ Khalil

The worst wu-related track ever?

FRESH FISH

Shit like this makes me want to buy an 808 on craigslist and make some beats. If no talent hacks can have beats on A FUCKING WU-TANG CLAN album, the hip-hop beatles, the greatest rap group of all time, then I might have a shot.

The only songs in history that are worse than this are "MC Conditioner" and Coldplay's "Speed of Sound"

this is unspeakably awful

My big fear was that OB4CL2 would be to the first part what Ice Cream 2 was to the original. The omens weren't particularly great but thankfully.....

DRUNKENARTS

ahhhh not this again my ears r bleeding!

horrible...what was rae thinking for fucks sake??!!

This track is important because it is another reminder of how poor a lyricist Cappadonna is. His verse here is embarassing, but honestly is not that much worse than his verse on the original Ice Cream.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    If no talent hacks can have beats on A FRICKING WU-TANG CLAN album
    DJ Khalil isn't even a bad producer, nor is this a bad beat particularly, but the song was a poor showing on everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by -The A to the Z- View Post
    DJ Khalil isn't even a bad producer, nor is this a bad beat particularly, but the song was a poor showing on everyone involved.
    This beat sounds like a kid winding up a jack-in-the-box.

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by -The A to the Z- View Post
    Nah, I looked it up, and it said this beat was awful.

Ice Cream 2

You know the original song. "Ice Cream" with it's twangy guitars and cinematic sound? Have you listened to it in the context of Raekwon hating the song? Yeah, turns out that despite the fact that everyone likes it; Raekwon thought the beat was wack and Ghostface Killah's rhymes are terrible. I heard he lipsynced the song whenever he was forced to perform it since he didn't like it.

So what did a person who didn't like his own song do. Simple, he made it better. He removed Ghostface Killah, he gave Method Man a full verse and he created this BANGA!

Now I just came back from having a lobotomie (however you spell it) so excuse my many mistakes.

First off, the beat is amazing; gone are the unecessary floruished and in it's place is a sick bass line combiend with an actual Ice Cream Truck. Musical genuises were involved in the making of this song and it showed; they thought tooth and end in order to make the song better and I think they did an amazing job... They toned down the drums, they manufactured a new instrument (which I like to call the Ice Cream Xylophone) and they came out with this beat; which is WU to the fullest!

Raekwon doesn't waste the beef and he does the dope rhymes he did on his first album but better. He laces the song with such lines as "Yeah, line for line, rhyme for rhyme That coochie is mine, I might just need it this time" Do not tell me that Raewkon is bad on this song; nope, not hearing it. Raekwon is aweosme. Lalalalalalalalalallaalalalalala.

Don't tell me that Capadonna is not awesome because he appeared on the first Ice Cream. Raekwon knows talent and he picked him to repirse his role because he knew he'd be dope as fuck; no longer does he rep his fashion catalogue. No; his rhymes has SUBSTANCE! Take for example this line "Yo, I love my dick-size, like I love women and shit. My head grew over these years, now I got a nice dick." He rhymes shit with dick; nobody has doen it before. It's over... CAPDAONNA has kieled the game. Don't tell me he hasn't because you're all in denial. lalalalalalalalallalalala.

I can't speak for Method Man since I couldn't understand his verses but he replaced Ghostface Killah amdirably.

What more can I say, RAEWOKN is a gwenius; no one can understand the intricities of crafting a sequal more than him. He knew that he had a story to tell and he told it! I can imagine this playing on actual Ice Cream trucks. Don't tell me it's shit, It can attract puerto rician.s. the bat, lyrics and beat are fire and this is Rakwon best trakc yet.

11/10

(by the way, the above review was saterical/comedic; I find the track hilarious for it's awfulness. WTF were they thinking when they made the song?)

Quote Originally Posted by crass View Post
    but honestly is not that much worse than his verse on the original Ice Cream.
    His verse on Icecream was dope ! One of, if not, my favourite feat Cappa verse.

Edit: I wish I voted classic ahahahaha

Griselda Dinner Plates Brick Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crass View Post
    This track is important because it is another reminder of how poor a lyricist Cappadonna is. His verse here is embarassing, but honestly is not that much worse than his verse on the original Ice Cream.
    Man, you need to shut up and milk that cow the best way you know how.
    "Return to earth as a person, only to see you mouse niggas running from the serpent" - Jus Allah